Zee Entertainment Enterprises was formerly known as `Zee Telefilms`, which got demerged into 4 companies in the year 2006. It was founded in October 1992 to carry on as a content supplier for Zee TV. Zee is a pioneer in the content aggregation and distribution, through satellite, cable and Internet. The company`s operations span the entire media spectrum including, television programming, satellite broadcasting, cable distribution, production and distribution of films, music publishing, long distance education and the creation of animation software. Zee serves more than 120 countries and reaches more than 300 million viewers across the globe in seven different languages. Zee is also India`s largest cable distributor through its wholly owned subsidiary, `Siticable`. The company also holds controlling stake in ETC Networks, the market leader in music and Punjabi language programming. The company has commenced providing content services to Dish TV, India`s first DTH service with 350,000 subscribers at present. It has also launched Zee Smile, Zee Sports and expanded regional language portfolio through Zee Telugu. Zee Arabia, a
new youth music and lifestyle channel, was recently launched in the Middle- East. A Malay channel is also being planned for Malaysia.
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited is one of India’s leading television, media and entertainment companies. It is amongst the largest producers and aggregators of Hindi programming in the world, with an extensive library housing over 80,000 hours of television content. With rights to more than 3,000 movie titles from foremost studios and of iconic film stars, Zee houses the world’s largest Hindi film library. Through its strong presence worldwide, Zee entertains over 500 million viewers across 167 countries.
VISION AND MISSION OF THE COMPANY:
• To be the leading round the clock airtime properties provider and delight the viewers not only through our general entertainment and infotainment channels, but also through quality cinema from our movie banners.
• As a Corporation, we will be profitable, productive, creative, and trendsetting and financially sound with care and concern for all our viewers and stakeholders namely advertisers, cable operators, producers and production houses.
• Customer Focus: Our Company's strategies are driven by the needs of the customer. Our success can be measured by the satisfaction achieved by our customer.
• Excellence: We accord a high premium to maintaining superlative standards throughout our Company. We encourage our employees to come up with smarter ideas within the fastest possible time.
• Creativity: Key to our value system is innovation and originality. We recognize and have a high regard for individual expression and creative freedom in our quest to provide customer satisfaction.
• Integrity: We observe strict ethical standards through editorial independence and creative expression, in order to earn the trust of our viewers and subscribers.
• Growth Driven: We are committed to delivering consistent revenue and cash flow growth in order to provide our shareholders a good return. Our objective is to grow our people, market and businesses around the world.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
No. Designation Name
01 Chairman Subhash Chandra
02 Director Laxmi Narain Goel
03 Director Ashok Kurien
04 Director Brijendra K Syngal
05 Director Nemichand S Jain
06 Director Rajan Jetley
07 Director Sir Gulam K Noon
08 Director Mohammed Y Khan
09 Director R Vaidyanathan
10 Whole Time Director & CEO Punit Goenka
11 Company Secretary M Lakshminarayanan
Zee has given birth to multitudinous benchmarks. With its programming, it has created revolution after revolution. In more ways than one it has paved the way for new age television to gain acceptance and following. Zee started with delivering hits like ‘Tara’, ‘Antakshari’, ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’, ‘Hasratein’, ‘Amaanat’ and ‘India’s Most Wanted’. These soaps, serials and contests created cults in themselves aggregating audiences from all classes and regions. It was almost like a strong wave that took the country in its wake and unified it in so many ways.
From being India’s first satellite broadcast network, Zee has spread its wings to being an international media enterprise. Today, Zee owns and operates more than 20 channels that cater to different audiences and belong to different genres of entertainment. Zee is credited with being the prime mover in regional markets with regional programming. It started with the northern markets and has since extended its service to 4 other markets.
The Zee television group has been a profitable enterprise since its inception. In 2002, Zee acquired a majority stake in ETC Network, the market leader in music and Punjabi language programming.
STRENGTHS & STRATEGIES OF THE COMPANY:
• Leading broadcaster in India and overseas for South East Asian content
• First mover advantage across genres
• Widest offering of channels by a single broadcaster in the country • Across genres, our channels are either leaders or strong contenders
for the leadership Position
• Diversified revenue streams: advertising and subscription • Diversified customer base:across167 countries
• Operating the largest pay TV distribution platform in the country, Zee Turner
• Large network gives tremendous leverage with advertisers • Cost conscious approach towards business
• Affiliate companies have leading presence across the media value chain cable and distribution, direct-to-home satellite services, digital media amongst others
• Inspire creativity
• Continue to run our business as best in class, with viewer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
• Continuous innovation to stay ahead of the curve and seize growth opportunities
• Invest in the business in a focused, disciplined way and achieve superior financial performance.
• To use the strong cash flows of our business to improve returns to shareholders
• Reaffirm our commitment to highest level of integrity and professionalism throughout our business.
ALLIANCES & PARTNERSHIPS
Zee's mission of continued sustainable growth has brought it thus far in the annals of the media and television history and looks to guide its sails towards a fine future too. An important aspect of keeping an eye on the future was to foster external acquisitions and alliances to gain access to quality content and technology. With the home-grown measures of revenue generation in place and functioning well, this move of external affiliations with parties that complemented Zee; in philosophy and in business brought in profits and goodwill alike.
• ETC Network: ETC Networks Limited (ETC.BO) is a media company listed on the Bombay stock exchange operating two television channels, ETC Music and ETC Punjabi in India. Zee acquired a 51% stake in June 2002. Zee acquired a 51% stake in June.
• Ten Sports: Ten Sports and Zee Sports combine, have give the viewers a lot of action in the past years and have become a force to reckon with in the sports entertainment business. Popular events like WWE, UEFA Champions and League Football have made inroads into the Indian market. Tennis fans enjoy the grand slams with a series of ATP 500 and a multitude of other events. For indoor sports fan, the channel has showcased the world poker tour and darting events. Cricket being nothing less than a religion in India, Ten Sports has acquired the rights to of the ten cricket boards, giving it over 100 days of cricket a year. This is
the maximum number of days of cricket across sports channels. The right to these 5 boards; Sri Lanka, Pakistan, South Africa, West Indie and Zimbabwe are with Ten Sports for the next 4 years.
COMPANY'S GOVERNANCE PHILOSOPHY:
Corporate Governance, which assumes great deal of importance at Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL), is intended to ensure value creation for all its stakeholders. ZEEL believes that the governance process must ensure adherence and enforcement of the principles of sound Corporate Governance with the objectives of fairness, transparency, professionalism, trusteeship and accountability, while facilitating effective management of the businesses and efficiency in operations. The Company is committed to achieve and maintain highest standards of Corporate Governance on an ongoing basis. In its Endeavour to improve in all aspects of Corporate Governance, ZEEL’s Board has approved and implemented a comprehensive Corporate Governance Manual during the year which contains guidelines covering decision making authority levels, the policies and processes which provide an effective and flexible governance framework in the Company realizing the need to ensure an effective mechanism of checks and balances with transparency and accountability as the hallmark.
(172) 1. http://www.google.co.in 2. http://www.Hindu Times.com. 3. http://www.capitaline.com 4. http://www.moneycontrol.com 5. http://www.ril.com 6. http://www.sterlite-industries.com 7. http://www.zeetelevision.com 8. http://www.tatasteel.com 9. http://www.ambujacement.com 10. http://www.exideindustries.com 11. http://www.indiacements.co.in 12. http://www.tatachemical.com 13. http://www.voltas.com 14. http://www.gsfc.com