Illinois Landscape Contractors Association
2008 Awards Program Entry Form
Complete all sections of this application
The information below will be printed as listed. Fees will be assessed for changes to plaques.
Name of Landscape Contractor Firm Entering Project:
If a joint project with an ILCA member design firm, add
contact name & company.
Name of Project Entered:
Address of Project:
City, State, Zip:
Plaque Information: Project Name
As it is to appear on plaque (may be different from Name
All submitted work meets application requirements.
All listed parties have agreed to the entry submission
and it is truly the work of the listed applicant.
Name of Landscape Contractor Firm:
Make check payable to ILCA
On same plaque: Additional Name: Title(s):
MC/Visa Card #
An inscribed plaque will be awarded to each Gold,
Silver and Merit Winner.
Other entries will receive a Certificate of Recognition.
Name on Card
Mail Completed Application and Payment to:
2625 Butterfield Road, Suite 204W
Oak Brook, IL 60523
2008 GENERAL ENTRY AND PROJECT INFORMATIONEligibility & Entry Fees:
* Member landscape contractors, member landscape designers and architects using the installation and/or maintenance services of a member landscape contractor, member independent grounds management firms, municipalities, golf courses, hospitals, or cemeteries.
* Members serving as project subcontractors (you are encouraged to submit Singular Feature projects on which the plant installation and/or maintenance was performed by a member).
* Member projects must be located in Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Missouri, or Iowa.
* Nonmembers may submit entries following the same criteria: application fee includes a one-year membership. Out-of-state nonmember projects are to be located in Illinois.
* Member Fee: $275 per entry. Entry deadline is November 2, 2007.
* Nonmember Fee: $650 per entry (which includes a one-year, Class A membership. Entry deadline is November 2, 2007. * One check may be written for multiple entries, but each entry must be submitted in a separate envelope. All refund
requests must be in writing and postmarked prior to October 27, 2007.
* All parts of the entry become the property of ILCA, for purposes of education and promotion. * All participating parties must agree to the submission of the project.
* No Gold award-winning construction projects may be resubmitted and no Gold award-winning maintenance projects may be resubmitted by the same firm within five years.
Digital Photo Requirements: (This replaces the slide requirement)
* A maximum of 8 digital photos, submitted on a CD in the order you wish them viewed.
* Each CD should include both high and low resolution versions of each photo, separated into high and low resolution folders.
* A picture index showing a thumbnail of each photo on the CD must be included with each CD. * Number each photo on the CD to correspond with the photo description section of this entry. * Include the project name on the face of each CD.
* Omit any company identification, identifiable people, vehicles, names, logos, etc., within the photos. Digital Photo Requirements:
High Resolution Photos: AND Low Resolution Photos: Size: 4 x 6 inches Size: 600 x 800 pixels Format: JPEG only Format: JPEG only Resolution: 300 dpi Resolution: 72 dpi
**CONSTRUCTION ENTRIES: Must include four additional Abefore@ installation photos or a scaled drawing. Photos must conform to the above requirements.
* Show planting and construction details with a complete set of plans.
**SINGULAR FEATURE ENTRIES: The photo requirement has been reduced to a minimum of four up to a maximum of eight photos on a CD. Photos must conform to the above requirements.
* Include four 8 x 10 or 8 x 12 unframed, color photographs, three horizontal and one vertical (ILCA will use for the awards posters.)
* On the back of the photo, in the lower right corner, write the project name and the photo number as it corresponds to your enclosed description. DO NOT USE STICKERS.
* Photos showing any company identification, identifiable people, vehicles, names, logos, etc. will be rejected. Project and Poster Description
* The project and poster descriptions must be typed (12 pt minimum) within the space provided or included on a separate page. Do not use condensed type or spacing (300 word maximum). Descriptions with mover than 300 words will be revised.
* Write clearly and concisely about what is important for the judges to know. * Omit any company identification.
* Include constraints, challenges, owner expectations and results C don't make the judges guess about your work.
*Award-winning posters are displayed at the Mid-Am Trade Show and at the Awards ceremony. Gold Award-winning projects may also be displayed at other venues.
1. Commercial Landscape Construction 8. Interior Landscape Maintenance
(shopping centers, malls, public buildings, and (shopping centers, malls, public buildings, single family factories; completed within last three years) and duplex housing, condos, townhomes and
__________ Date Completed apartments; must have been maintained for at least
____ Less than one acre two full landscape seasons)
____ One acre or more __________ Date Assumed
____ Live ____ Artificial
2. Residential Landscape Construction 9. Singular Feature Please select one:
(single family and duplex housing, entire or partial Hardscape, playground, carpentry, water feature, project; completed within last three years) lighting, other _____________________________ __________ Date Completed (Completed within last three years)
____ Less 15,000 square feet __________ Date Completed ____ 15,000 square feet or more
10. Special Events
3. Multifamily Landscape Construction Short-term projects (both exterior and interior) that (condominiums, townhomes and apartment exhibit creativity in displays (e.g. a Christmas planting, dwellings; completed within the last three years) a golf tournament, a showroom, an exhibit, etc.) __________ Date Completed __________ Date Completed
____ Less than one acre
____ One acre or more 11. Heritage & Decade
Heritage and Decade Awards indicate the highest
4. Commercial Landscape Maintenance level of achievement over time in the award (shopping centers, malls, public buildings and categories 1-8 above. To receive a Heritage or factories; must have been maintained for at least Decade award, the project must be of Gold award- two full landscape seasons) winning quality in its main award category; however,
__________ Date Assumed the project does not have to have won an award in a
____ Less than one acre previous year to qualify.
____ One acre or more
If the project was installed more than five years ago
5. Residential Landscape Maintenance and is being entered by the original installer, or has been (single family and duplex housing, entire or partial continuously maintained by a maintenance firm for more project; maintained for at least two full seasons) than five years, select the Heritage Award category
__________ Date Assumed in addition to the project’s main award category.
____ Less than 15,000 square feet
____ 15,000 square feet or more If the project was installed more than ten years ago and continuously maintained by a maintenance firm for more
6. Multifamily Landscape Maintenance than ten years, select the Decade Award Category in (condominiums, townhomes, and apartment dwellings; addition to the project’s main award category.
maintained for at least two full landscape seasons)
__________ Date Assumed _____Heritage Award-Construction
___________ Date Completed
7. Interior Landscape Installation _____Heritage Award-Maintenance
shopping centers, malls, public buildings, single family ___________Date Assumed and duplex housing, condos, townhomes, and
apartments; completed within last three years) _____Decade Award-Construction __________ Date Completed ___________ Date Completed
___________ Date Assumed
12. Ecological Plantings
involving restoration, reclamation, or creation of natural landscapes that contain similar functions and values of native landscapes – judged on the quality of plants and installation as well as its function within the environment.
Please indicate Below:
D = Designed, I = Installed, M = Maintained S = Subcontracted, N = None, O = IPM Used
Lawns Ground Covers Shrubs Trees Mulch Flowers Irrigation Grading Lighting Decks Driveways Walks Walls Terrace/Patio Water Features Other