Website : www.medialabasia.in
Applications are invited for the posts on temporary/contract basis for Project Manager and
to work on technical projects/assignments in the area of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in Agriculture
spread over North Eastern Region, specifically Ri-Bhoi, East Khasi Hills and West Garo Hills , Meghalaya.
The Project Manager shall be located in Barapani, Meghalaya and the Software Developer shall be located in Delhi and
travel to North Eastern Region as required.
Media Lab Asia is a Section-25 company setup by Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Govt. of India. Media Lab Asia (MLAsia) endeavours to bring the benefits of the information and communication technologies and other advanced technologies to the common man. It is operating through collaborations with other organisations and experts (Government, NGO sector, Academia, Individuals and Industry) for Development & Deployment of ICT tools. Media Lab Asia is working presently in the areas of ICT for Empowerment of the Differently Abled, Healthcare, Livelihood Enhancement and Education.
Media Lab Asia intends taking up projects which are interdisciplinary/multi-institutional. Media Lab Asia will act as a binding organization to hold different Research Partners and the activities together by way of proper project management during the development of ICT based products & services.
Recruitment of Project Manager and Software Developer :
Media Lab Asia is looking for result oriented, energetic and committed personnel with excellent academic record to join Media Lab Asia as Project Manager and Software Developer
collaborative research project of Media Lab Asia (MCIT, GoI) and Central Agricultural University (CAU)
entitled “Development & Deployment of Mobile based Agro-Advisory System in North-East India
Name of the post
: Project Manager1. Post Code : MLA/PM/001
2. Educational Qualifications and skill sets required : a) Qualification :
Post Graduate Degree from a recognized institute in relevant discipline*
(*Social Science / Natural Science / Engineering / Rural Development or equivalent) b) Experience & Skills required :
- One Year post qualification experience in managing field projects.
- In-depth knowledge of geographical locations, local arts & culture and local problems of NE Region.
- Knowledge of using MS Office, Statistical Tools and Internet Tools. Desirable :
- 2 years of post-qualification experience in managing field projects especially in the area of ICT in agricultural extension.
- Knowledge of local languages preferably Khasi / Garo - Efficient in report writing, data analysis and documentation. 3. Job Profile :
- Project coordination with CPGS Barapani and other stakeholders i.e State Govt. Agencies, ICAR etc during implementation of the project.
- Management of field survey, documentation and report preparation. - Coordination in field testing of model.
- Liaisoning with various agencies for replication and large scale deployment of Media Lab Asia technologies in NE Region
4. Age Limit :
Maximum 40 Years, as on 30/4/2013. 5. Salary :
Name of the post : Software Developer1. Post Code : MLA/SD/002
2. Educational Qualifications and skill sets required :
a) Qualification: Minimum first class degree in IT/Computer Science (B.Tech/B.E.) or equivalent from a recognized university
b) Experience & Skills required :
One Year post qualification experience in software development. Desirable:
2 years of post qualification hands-on experience in development and managing the complete life cycle of application development preferably on IVRS and Web (PHP/MYSQL/Open Source).
Experience in development of mobile application (android/java) shall be considered as an added advantage.
3. Job Profile :
- Development/Customization of Web Application and IVRS for Agriculture and Livelihood Enhancement.
- Development/Customization of Smart Phone Applications on Windows and Android. - Field Testing & Deployment of software in identified field locations in NE Region. 3. Age Limit: Maximum 40 years, as on 30/4/2013. 4. Salary : Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 35,000/- per month. 5. Place of Posting : Delhi
6. Other Terms & Conditions :
A.The positions will be purely on temporary basis initially for a duration upto April 2014 or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier.
B.The Project Manager will be posted at CPGS, Barapani and the Software
Developer will be posted at Media Lab Asia, New Delhi. However, Media Lab Asia reserves the right to shift the place of posting as per the project requirements (anywhere in India).
C.The salary shall be fixed within the range mentioned above, based on the qualifications, experience etc.
D.Only shortlisted candidates shall be called for interviews in the case of Software Developer.
E. The Applicants for Project Manager may walk-in with duly filled up Application Forms and with necessary certificates, etc. for verification at 09:00 a.m. on Tuesday, the 23rd April, 2013 at the following address :
College of Post Graduate Studies, Central Agricultural University (CAU), Umiam (Barapani),
MEGHALAYA : 793 103 Ph. 0364-2570047
How to Apply:
a) For the post of Project Manager :
Eligible Applicants may Walk-in for interviews with duly filled in Application Forms, photographs, copies of testimonials (regarding proof of age, qualification, experience, etc.) along with originals for verification.
b) For the post of Software Developer :
Interested candidates may download the Application Form and apply in the prescribed manner along with copies of certificates (regarding proof of age, qualifications, etc.), superscribing the envelope “Application for the post of ___________________________”, to reach Media Lab Asia on or before 25th April, 2013 at the address given below.
Application should be submitted in the prescribed format ONLY. Applications without the requisite information asked for / without signature / without photograph / without copies of certificates and applications received after the due date will not be considered.