Adobe Experience Manager: Assets capabilities Capability Spotlight
Adobe Experience Manager assets capabilities combines digital asset management, dynamic media, and video capabilities to enable creators and marketers to do amazing things with their assets. Digital marketers can take advantage of deep integrations across Adobe Marketing Cloud and Adobe Creative Cloud to quickly and easily collaborate with creative professionals, digital agencies, and other marketing teams to accelerate planning, production, search, and global distribution of images, banners, brochures, video clips, and other valuable rich content. They can maximize the value of their existing digital assets by leveraging dynamic imaging and video technology to generate and deliver unlimited variations of format-optimized, localized, and targeted rich media to any channel (web, mobile, tablet) on demand. With Experience Manager assets, marketers are well equipped to create valuable experiences that strengthen brands, accelerate campaigns, and increase the ROI of customer-facing content.
Digital asset management and delivery
The Digital Age has transformed the way companies launch new products, accelerate innovation, and take advantage of rich content to engage with users. Content authors have taken advantage of digital assets such as photos, audio files, video clips, animations, banner ads, brochures, games, and other media to provide richer and more meaningful engagements online.
Overwhelmed by the exponential growth of such assets and channels of distribution, organizations seek solutions to manage and deliver digital assets efficiently within one deeply unified system. To create an optimized customer experience, assets often must be syndicated across an ever-expanding number of digital and physical marketing channels. Finding these assets are difficult, where assets are spread among siloed systems, network folders, and external agencies, often with varied quality, relevance, and
consistency. Without a single management layer, the creation, storage, and distribution of these assets can add unnecessary costs, significantly delay time to market of a new product, or reduce the value of a brand. Digital asset management capabilities can not only help organizations conserve resources, increase collaboration, and accelerate cycle times, but also allow them to deliver more personal, relevant experiences. Multiple renditions of digital assets can be created in advance as well as derived, in real time, up to the last millisecond before customer interaction. The dynamic media and video capabilities of Experience Manager uniquely address these challenges by dynamically adapting rich media campaign assets such as images, banners, and video to a wide range of customer segments and devices, resulting in an optimized experience across all customer-facing channels. The advanced rich media management capabilities of digital asset management enhance your organization’s asset management and production environment to accelerate the pace of innovation for your customer-facing content.
User-friendly asset management for the enterprise
Experience Manager assets capabilities provides an easy-to-use web interface that enables business users to add, access, update, and share assets without confusion or extensive training. Business users can be sheltered from the digital asset management power-user features to enable the nontechnical users in your organization to focus on productivity and speed. Digital assets can be easily organized into logical folder hierarchies, flexible and auto-populated Collections. Or leverage metadata or consistent taxonomies to simplify locating, searching, and repurposing digital assets.
Adobe Experience Manager:
Benefits of Adobe Experience Manager assets capabilities • Connect marketers with creative
professionals—Sync and collaborate on assets within Adobe Creative Cloud and take advantage of deep integrations with desktop applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Increase ROI—Dynamically repurpose assets and optimize delivery across new channels, devices, target audiences, and geographies.
• Improve brand consistency— Preserve brand equity with versioning and workflow controls. • Reduce the cost of asset
management—Eliminate redundant asset creation, tagging, editing, and distribution. • Increase IT agility—Access a
centralized repository via a web browser and ease installation with no client software requirement. • Increase business agility—Meet
time to market goals, and accelerate asset products with DAM
With a revamped user experience optimized for brand, campaign, and multichannel publishing scenarios, digital asset management is designed to enable business users to complete asset-centric tasks. For business users on a tablet or mobile device, the touch-optimized UI enables users to access and manage digital assets—even on the go.
Digital asset management also includes such features as: • Drag-and-drop user interface
• Touch-optimized UI for tablet and mobile device users • Web-based asset and metadata editor
Global asset distribution and collaboration
Making assets available across a global enterprise is challenging. Timely and controlled access to assets is vital for an agile organization. Utilize a global shared repository equipped with enterprise-class versioning and permissions-based access to digital media assets for diverse and distributed teams. Digital asset management provides full-cycle asset and metadata management to help ensure that the right assets are found and only approved assets are accessed and used across channels. With digital asset management, publishing and sharing assets are simple. Digital asset
management allows the quick creation of interactive media portals (asset shares) where business users can access assets on demand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With the lightbox features, users can collect multiple assets to share with other individuals or groups or perform bulk actions on them, such as resizing or downloading them as a ZIP archive. In addition, simplified interfaces can be configured for business users to streamline the viewing and editing of metadata, customize search facets, and control asset visibility based on systemwide and group permissions.
Full Unicode capabilities allow publishing in numerous languages and all character sets. Digital asset management enables decentralized asset production and administration in several languages, including seven out of the box: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish. Experience Manager assets also includes such features as:
• Asset comment, markup, and annotation for enhanced collaboration • Self-updating Smart Collections based on full text, metadata, and tags • Sharable Collections and Lightbox
• Simplified and easily configurable Faceted Search • Replication to globally distributed locations • Item and group-based access control
Creative Projects & Workflows
Manage the entire production process, from initial photo shoot to campaign launch. Take advantage of the Adobe Experience Manager robust platform to organize and manage asset-centric projects. Choose participants; assign roles, tasks, and deadlines; and kick off projects and marketing campaigns for your digital assets. Take advantage of shared workspaces and user notifications to keep your team focused and the production process flowing.
With the Creative Projects & Workflows functionality, business users gain flexible, yet powerful control of assets from creation to distribution, making sure that they are distributed to relevant users for review in the appropriate format and that the appropriate user groups are part of the process. • Use shared workspaces for project planning and production of digital assets.
• Take advantage of out-of-the-box workflow templates (photoshoot-to-website, review and approval). • Assign tasks, roles, and deadlines.
• Track the progress of overdue, active, and completed tasks. • Use a drag–and-drop interface to design or customize workflows. • Invite creative and marketing team members to participate in workflows.
The key advantage of efficient asset handling is automation. Experience Manager assets allows marketing professionals to rely on the system for time-consuming operations that should be automated.
• Ability to attach image and video processing to workflows • Task inbox and mail notifications
• Automated asset conversion and processing • Metadata-driven asset distribution
• Asset tagging based on custom or defined industry taxonomies • Bulk import and editing operations
Collaboration with creative teams using Adobe Creative Cloud
With out-of-the-box support for Adobe Creative Cloud, you can easily sync and share assets with external creative professionals and take advantage of deeper integrations with the products creative professionals use such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. For example, assets capabilties can help your team manage the bidirectional relationship of embedded images referenced from within InDesign. In addition, it includes support for Adobe Bridge, Adobe Drive, and WebDAV, giving your organization multiple solutions to accelerate collaboration with creative teams.
Asset creation Experience Manager assets with Adobe Creative Cloud Asset repurposing
Adobe Experience Manager: Asset utilization
Creative Professionals and
Digital Agencies Adobe Creative Cloud Adobe Experience Manager Marketing Professionals and Content Managers
Seamless integration with Experience Manager web content
Investing in a digital asset management system that is tightly integrated with your web experience strategy is critical to leveraging your brand and creating effective marketing workflows. According to a Frost and Sullivan report, “Using a Digital Asset Management platform to manage all
marketing assets and integrate with the Web Experience Management on the front end creates a powerful combination for marketing organizations to translate online marketing strategies into successful execution that is measurable and repeatable.”*
Designed with web experience in mind, assets capabilities is built on the same modern technology stack as the web content management capabilities of Adobe Experience Manager, so that you can easily share and repurpose digital content to create compelling web experiences across all digital properties.
Organizations are challenged to produce the wide variety of content formats and renditions required to produce optimized experiences across all customer-facing channels. The dynamic media
capabilities of assets enable digital marketers to maximize the value of their digital assets by creating visually rich, interactive online web experiences on demand, using a single set of master assets. Instantly create unlimited variations on demand, including any size, format, resolution, crop, or effect, from original imagery. Use dynamic banner templates to create targeted and localized rich media experiences across all digital properties.
Deliver visually rich experiences, across all channels, with efficiency and scale.
• Reduce production management time and costs—Leverage a single asset to provide unlimited asset derivatives of image sizes, quality, sharpness, and color space.
• Create interactive digital experiences—Present rich media in real time, including interactive zoom, 360-degree spin, color options, and more, using a single master asset.
• Improve conversion with targeted content—Easily create and publish variable display and animated banners for dynamic targeting and localized marketing campaigns.
• Deliver and scale efficiently across all channels and devices—Use a CDN-enabled network and responsive viewers to instantly serve an optimized rich media experience for web, tablet, mobile, or social.
Video is becoming an important tool for driving brand awareness, demand, and engagement. However, many organizations do not have the internal expertise or the IT resources to manage and deliver video effectively. The video capabilities of assets give marketers an end-to-end workflow to upload, preview, annotate, encode, collaborate, review, manage, and deliver interactive video experiences that engage customers and increase site conversion. Serving video content using a universal, responsive player allows organizations to design once and deliver optimized video playback and formatting to any browser or device. The end-to-end video publishing solution includes cloud-based encoding and delivery, video syndication, and analytic reporting to increase video engagement.
Bring your products to life with video publishing.
• Cut video production time and costs—Use integrated workflows to preview, annotate, review, edit, transcode, and publish high-quality video assets to your online properties.
• Stream video across devices—Automatically serve the right video format, in the right video player, for the web, tablets, mobile, or social sites.
• Scale your video views—Easily publish to YouTube and enable social sharing on popular sites and channels to grow video traffic.
• Get video analytics and reporting—Gain insights on how video impacts conversion through out-of-the-box analytic reporting on video views and engagement.
Giving customers the ability to customize products online is fast becoming a differentiator. The personalized media (formerly Scene7) capabilities allows visitors on your website to visually configure products online and then preview them prior to purchase. Using a single product photo or scene, it automatically displays product variations in color, texture, and style, based on user-selected design options. Merchants can also preview customizations and publish content directly to design applications, as well as dynamically apply custom fonts and graphics to imagery.
Advanced search and metadata management support
Finding a digital asset shouldn’t be as hard as finding a needle in a haystack. Assets provides a robust set of tools for metadata, tags (keywords), taxonomy management, and advanced search to help ensure that all digital assets are classified and searchable.
• Automatically apply metadata to assets on import.
• Use bulk metadata operations to add, extract, merge, update, and delete. • Hide/show important metadata fields.
• Enforce organizational standards with required metadata fields.
• Expose or add metadata fields, pull-down menus, and checklists using a drag-and-drop metadata schema editor.
• Create flexible tags and taxonomies without IT intervention.
• Link product information (SKUs, descriptions, and so on) from external systems such as a PIM. Digital asset management natively supports industry-approved metadata formats such as XMP, the Extensible Metadata Platform spearheaded by Adobe. Adherence to industry metadata standards eases the exchange of metadata across software systems and organizations. XMP is a standard for processing and storing standardized and proprietary metadata in digital assets. Digital asset management also supports metadata standards such as EXIF, ID3, Dublin Core, IPTC, PRISM, PLUS, and Creative Commons.
Support for a wide range for rich media asset types and formats
Assets offers extended features for specific file types, such as metadata extraction, format transcoding, full-text indexing search, and subasset extraction.
Format categories with extended features include:
• Still images such as PNG, GIF, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, PSD (Photoshop), and numerous raw formats • Compound formats such as EPS, PDF, INDD (InDesign), and QuarkXpress
• Microsoft Office and OpenOffice documents • Audio file formats such as MP3, AAC, and WAV
• Video file formats such as MP4, FLV, F4V, MPEG, MOV, SWF, AVI, and more • Archive file formats such as ZIP, TAR, and JAR
Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Creative Cloud, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Scene7, and the XMP logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the proper ty of their respective owners.
© 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Printed in the USA . 91066667 5/14
For more information
Supported environmentsServer platforms
• Microsoft Windows Server • Oracle Solaris
• IBM AIX • HP-UX
Adobe Experience Manager is optimized to run in a virtualized infrastructure, such as the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and VMware vSphere.
Java runtime versions
• Java SE 6 (1.6) • Java SE 7 (1.7)
Java EE–compliant application servers
The Adobe Experience Manager solution comes packaged with an application server. Alternatively, it can be installed in the following:
• JBoss Application Server • Oracle WebLogic Server • IBM WebSphere Application Server • Apache Tomcat Client platforms • Microsoft Windows • OS X and iOS • Linux Browsers
• Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 • Mozilla Firefox
• Google Chrome • Apple Safari
Recommended configurations are included with standard maintenance. Additional configurations are available on request.
Flexible and built on open standards
Adobe Experience Manager Assets is built on a modern, cloud-ready, standards-based architecture, which makes it easy to fully utilize valuable digital assets in all output channels, including email, mobile, social, web, and print. Built to be highly extensible and customizable, digital asset management provides multiple extension points to back-end systems. It offers developer APIs for adding file format support, extend search, and content visualization. By leveraging open standards such as the Java Content Repository API (JSR 283) and the RESTful HT TP API, digital asset management can integrate your asset capabilities with almost any production application ecosystem.