PRINCIPAL’S MANUAL ONLINE
Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER, Australia) cApStAn Linguistic Quality Control (Belgium)
Deutsches Institut für Internationale Pädagogische Forschung (DIPF, German Educational Testing Service (ETS, USA)
Institutt for Lærerutdanning og Skoleutvikling (ILS, Norway)
Leibniz - Institute for Science and Mathematics Education (IPN, Germany) National Institute for Educational Policy Research (NIER, Japan)
The Tao Initiative: CRP - Henri Tudor and Université de Luxembourg - EMACS (Luxembourg)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Technical requirements ... 3
Log‐In ... 3
Choose Your Language or School Type ... 4
Navigating the Questionnaire ... 4
Tools Answering Questions... 7
Saving Your Responses ... 8
Logging‐In and Logging‐Out ... 9
Submitting the Questionnaire ... 9
This manual will explain how to complete your online school questionnaire for PISA Main Survey 2012. There are several useful tools which will help you to complete the questionnaire.
1. Please use one of the following browsers to complete the online school questionnaire: • Firefox (3.6, 4, 5, 6, 7), • Google Chrome (10, 11, 12, 13, 14), • Internet Explorer (8, 9), • Safari (5).
2. Go to the following URL: http://scq.tudor.lu
4. If your National Centre has more than one language of administration or school type, you will be presented with a screen to select your language or school type:
5. IMPORTANT: Please click the Forward>> and << Back icons to navigate the
questionnaire. DO NOT click the forward and back buttons on your internet browser.
1 2 4 5 6 3
1 TheProgress Bar shows you which screen that you are on X /Y screens.
2 The three-letter code shows you the language of administration.User ID is
your login credential.
3List of questions: This toolbar will allow you to quickly navigate back to
questions which you have viewed. You cannot skip forward to questions that you have not viewed. The toolbar displays the Screen ID that appears at the top of each screen, and a preview of the question. Clicking on the Screen ID will automatically direct you to the screen that you have selected. You will not lose saved responses when you use the List of questions. Your saved responses will be displayed.
Green Screen ID: You have completed the question and there are no errors.
Blue Screen ID: You have not entered any response for this question. Red Screen ID: The online system has detected an error or incomplete response. Please return to this question.
Grey Screen ID: You have not viewed this question yet, and cannot skip ahead.
4Documents Platform: This icon will open a new window in your browser
• Principal’s Manual will direct you the the pdf version of this document.
• PDF file will allow you to download a blank pdf version of the questionnaire to
print out or save. This can be helpful for you to prepare answers to questions.
• FAQ & Troubleshooting will direct you to an updated list of commonly asked
questions for National Centres and principals. If you have a techinical question, check here before you contact the National Centre.
10. 5 Screen ID is the ID displayed for the List of Questions.
6Section displays which section of the questionnaire you are currently in.
12. Completion Icon: This icon will remain orange if you leave incomplete
responses. Clicking the icon will highlight in red where you have incomplete responses and an error message will be displayed.
13. Consistency Icon: When the questionnaire detects an error in your responses,
such as a percent value that does not add to 100, or a character entered such as a percent % , this icon will remain orange. Clicking the icon will highlight in red where you have inconsistent responses and an error message will be displayed.
14. When all responses are complete and/or consistent, the icons will become green
15. Reset Button: If you make a mistake when entering your responses, use the Reset
Button to clear your entered responses for that question.
16. Every time you click the Forward >> button, your responses are automatically saved. You must click the forward button to save your answers.
17. A progress ticker will display that your responses are being saved as you progress to the next question.
18. You are able to log-out of your questionnaire any time and complete it later. Just remember to click the Forward>> button to save your last entered responses, and click the Close button at the top left-hand corner of the screen.
19. When you log-in again, the questionnaire will open at the last saved question.
21. You will see the List of questions and can review any incomplete and inconsistent items.
22. Then, when all questions are complete with no errors, click on the red Finish>> button.
23. You will be presented with a warning message. If you would like to submit your completed questionnaire, click ‘Yes’.
24. Should you have a technical question which this manual and the FAQ cannot answer, please contact the National Centre as your participation is very important.