S O U T H W E S T F L O R I D A
Florida Gulf Coast University’s admission standards are competitive. FGCU is the school of choice for many students. Admission decisions are based on the projected academic success of prospective first-time-in-college students as determined by their grade point average and standardized test scores.
FGCU awards a variety of financial assistance based on need, merit and other qualifications. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships offers a comprehensive financial aid program for students, including scholarships, grants, loans and work-study employment. To learn more about the steps necessary to apply for financial aid, visit: www.fgcu.edu/eagles and select “Financial Aid.”
places to eat on campus!
Consider a meal plan for quick
convenience and value.
• Blu Sushi
• Einstein Bros. Bagels
• Jamba Juice
• Taco Bell Express
• The Link
• Truly Organic Pizza
Cost per credit hour On-Campus Housing Tuition and Fees*
$4,820 - $6,796 - Range is for 2 semesters
$6,318 - Florida resident $25,292 - Non-Florida resident
$1,060 - $5,300 - Range is for 2 semesters
$203.94 - Florida resident $838.73 - Non-Florida resident
*Based on 15 credit hours for 2 semesters
2014-2015 Undergraduate Costs
Convenience, friendship, social activities and educational programming
are just a few of the reasons students choose to live on campus at FGCU.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life offers several housing options
to suit your needs. South Village houses first-year
students in single-bedroom suites. North Lake
Village is our popular apartment-style housing.
Located on an 80-acre lake, each apartment
includes 4 single or 2 double bedrooms, kitchen,
living room and 2 bathrooms. West Lake Village
is for upperclassmen and offers apartment-style
living close to Gulf Coast Town Center.
• Enjoy the beautiful beaches of Southwest Florida’s Gulf Coast
• Shop, see a movie or eat at major shopping centers just minutes from FGCU
• Explore the Everglades
• Attend events at Germain Arena including major concerts and Everblades hockey games
• Check out Major League Baseball Spring Training games (Boston Red Sox and Minnesota Twins)
• Attend FGCU’s Division I athletic events • Play intramural sports
• Hang out at the campus beach • Join a fraternity/sorority
• Enjoy all kinds of fun water sports on FGCU’s North Lake • Volunteer at the on-campus Food Forest
• Stay f it in a yoga class (many group fitness classes are offered)
• Attend concerts, dances, lectures, movies, sports and other live performances
Things to DoThere is so much more to college than just attending classes!
“Live Where You Learn”
Coconut Point Mall
FGCU’s North Lake
FGCU offers a diverse and successful intercollegiate athletics program. The Eagles are proud members of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) Division I, the Atlantic Sun Conference (A-Sun), and the Coastal Collegiate Swimming Association (CCSA).
• Founded in
students are enrolled
• The average class size is
• The student to faculty ratio is
• Student body is made up of
Swimming and Diving
FGCU is the First Ever 15-Seed in History to Advance to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament!
A th le ti c P ho to s b y L in w oo d F er gu so n P ho to b y J im D os ti e
College of Arts and Sciences• Anthropology (B.A.) • Art (B.A.) • Biology (B.A.) • Biology (B.S.) Pre-Professional Microbiology
Organismal and Ecological
• Biology-Accelerated (B.S.) • Biochemistry (B.S.) • Biotechnology (B.S.) • Chemistry (B.A.) • Communication (B.A.) Communication Studies Public Relations • Criminal Justice (B.S.) • English (B.A.)
• Environmental Studies (B.A.) • Forensic Studies (B.S.) • History (B.A.) • Journalism (B.A.) • Legal Studies (B.S.) • Marine Science (B.S.) • Mathematics (B.A.) • Mathematics (B.S.) • Music - Education (B.M.E.)
• Music - Performance (B.A.)
Voice Piano Instrumental
• Philosophy (B.A.) • Political Science (B.A.)
Government & Managerial Innovation Government & Information Systems Public Administration
• Psychology (B.A.) • Sociology (B.A.) • Theatre (B.A.)
College of Education
• Child and Youth Studies (B.S.)
Child Studies Youth Studies
• Early Childhood Education (B.A.) • Elementary Education (B.A.) • Secondary Biology Education (B.A.) • Secondary Mathematics Education (B.A.) • Secondary Social Science Education (B.A.) • Special Education (B.A.)
College of Health Professions
and Social Work
• Athletic Training (B.S.A.T.) • Clinical Laboratory Science (B.S.) • Community Health (B.S.) • Exercise Science (B.S.) • Health Science (B.S.)
Health Services Administration
• Nursing (B.S.N.) • Social Work (B.S.W.)
Lutgert College of Business
• Accounting (B.S.)
• Computer Information Systems (B.S.)
• Economics (B.S.) • Finance (B.S.) • Management (B.S.)
Human Resource Management Sports Management
• Marketing (B.S.)
• PGA Golf Management (B.S.)
• Resort & Hospitality Management (B.S.)
Event Management Spa Management
U.A. Whitaker College of Engineering
• Bioengineering (B.S.) • Civil Engineering (B.S.C.E.)
• Environmental Engineering (B.S.Env.E.) • Software Engineering (B.S.) • Advertising • Anthropology • Art • Bioengineering • Biology • Chemistry • Climate Change • Community Planning & Development
• Computer Information Systems • Computer Science
• Creative Writing • Critical Theory • Digital Media Design • Earth & Space Science • Economics • Education • English • Entrepreneurship • Environmental Education • Environmental Engineering • French • Gender Studies • Geology • Global Studies • History • Interdisciplinary Studies • Journalism
• Latin American Studies • Management
• Marketing • Mathematics
• Medieval & Early Modern Studies • Museum Studies
• Peace & Social Justice • Philosophy • Physics • Political Science • Psychology • Real Estate • Religious Studies • Sociology • Spanish • Statistics • Supply Chain • Theatre • World Literature
This brochure is printed with soy inks on paper from sustainable forests that contain post-consumer recycled wood or fiber.
Please help us preserve our planet. If you choose not to keep this brochure, please recycle it. Thank you.
This junior piece may be obtained in an alternative format by contacting the Of f ice of Institutional Equity and Compliance at 239-590-7405 or 800-590-3428, or the Of f ice of Adaptive Services at 239-590-7956. If you are hearing- or speech-impaired, call FGCU
using Florida Relay at 711 (TTY, VCO, HCO, ASCII or Speech-to-Speech).
The information provided in this document is subject to change. Please check our website for the most up-to-date information.
www.fgcu.edu/eagles | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-888-889-1095 10501 FGCU Boulevard South | Fort Myers, Florida 33965-6565
FOLLOW US ON
INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, FLICKR and YOUTUBE
We love showing off our campus and want you to see it! Come
take an inside look at life at FGCU and talk with current students
who will share their FGCU experience with you!
Tampa Orlando Jacksonville Miami Fort Myers NaplesFGCU Tallahassee
FGCU is located in
just east of I-75,
between Exits 123 & 128.
open houses every year
Fall 2014 - Saturday, October 18, 2014
Spring 2015 - Saturday, February 21, 2015
Fall 2015 - Saturday, October 17, 2015
Spring 2016 - Saturday, February 20, 2016
offered every week
Seeing is believing... register for a guided tour (Monday - Saturday) or check out our virtual tour.