PRU life multiplier
you want multiplied assurance for your
family with a shorter premium term.
We understand you have goals and dreams that you are striving to achieve for your young family, and have plans to get there. However, life’s uncertainties can throw these plans off course.
Start safeguarding your family’s future with PRUlife multiplier, a whole of life plan designed to provide multiplied assurance through a guaranteed high payout of up to 3 times your sum assured1 to your loved ones in the event of Death, Critical Illness, Terminal Illness2 or Total and Permanent Disability2. With the shorter premium payment terms offered, ease your financial commitments in later years with PRUlife multiplier. Pay off your premiums3 early for lifelong coverage Pay off your premiums earlier for greater peace of mind in your later years. You can choose a premium payment term of 10 years, 15 years or 25 years, whichever best suits your financial obligations.
Guaranteed assurance with up to 3 times coverage with the multiplier benefit4
If the unforeseeable should happen to you before 65 years of age, PRUlife multiplier’s multiplier benefit guarantees your young family will continue to be well provided for. It offers up to 3 times the sum assured upon Death, Total and Permanent Disability2 or Terminal Illness2; and up to 2.5 times the sum assured for Critical Illness, so that your family can receive guaranteed payouts in unforeseen circumstances. From age 65 onwards, PRUlife multiplier continues to provide coverage for Death and Critical Illness through a payout of the sum assured plus additional bonuses5. The table below shows the multiplier benefit4 of the plan, which is a percentage of the sum assured before the customer reaches age 65 if Death, Total and Permanent Disability2, Terminal Illness2 or Critical Illness was to occur:
Age+ of the Life Assured at the Cover
Multiplier for Death/Total and Permanent Disability2
/Terminal Illness2 before age 65 years
Multiplier for the Critical Illness benefit before
age 65 years
1 - 30 300% 250%
31 - 35 290% 240%
36 - 39 280% 230%
40 - 45 250% 200%
46 - 50 225% 175%
51 - 60 200% 150%
+age at the next birthday
Extensive coverage for life’s changing needs
To match your changing life needs and priorities, PRUlife multiplier enables you to increase coverage upon life events6 by purchasing another Whole Life, Endowment or Term plan without any medical check-ups.
Secure greater coverage
You can also get added peace of mind by supplementing your coverage with:
• Early Crisis Cover Limited Pay, a limited premium payment term supplementary benefit which provides extensive coverage to a list of early to late stages of critical illnesses7. The payout will help to supplement the possible loss of income, giving you peace of mind during your recuperation period, without reducing the sum assured of your PRUlife multiplier.
• Early Crisis Cover Multiplier, a limited premium payment term supplementary benefit which provides whole of life protection for early and intermediate stages of critical illnesses8. It has the same Multiplier Benefit4 as the Critical Illness coverage in your PRUlife multiplier.
• Comprehensive Personal Accident III, which provides you with an additional lump sum in the event of Accidental Death and Dismemberment. This supplementary benefit also gives you the option9 to be reimbursed for your medical expenses incurred as a result of an accident or receive a weekly income when you are unable to work in all duties of your usual occupation due to an accident.
• Early Payer Security, which waives the premium payments for a fixed period10 upon diagnosis of Early or Intermediate Stage Medical Conditions, so that you need not worry about your loved ones losing coverage while you concentrate on your treatment.
• Payer Security III / Payer Security Plus safeguards your loved one’s policy in the event that Death, Critical Illness or Total and Permanent Disability strikes you. Payer Security III waives the remaining premiums of your child’s policy till the policy anniversary before he or she turns 25, or the end of the premium payment term, whichever is earlier. Payer Security Plus provides a longer benefit term and it waives the remaining premiums of your loved one’s policy until the policy anniversary before you reach 85, or the end of premium payment term, whichever is earlier.
How PRUlife multiplier works
Mr Lee (male, non-smoker), age 30 next birthday, decides to make premium payments of $327 per month for 15 years only for his whole of life plan, i.e. he stops paying premiums by the age of 45. In the next 15 years, Mr Lee pays about $58,860 and is well-covered with a sum assured of $100,000. In the event of Death, Total and Permanent Disability2 or Terminal Illness2 before 65 years, the multiplier benefit will ensure a $300,000 payout, or a multiplier benefit of $250,000 on Critical Illness.
If Mr Lee has not made a claim at the age of 65, he will continue to be covered for Death and Critical Illness, or alternatively, if Mr Lee decides to surrender his plan, he can look forward to receiving a cash value of $109,02211.
Example of how PRUlife multiplier can provide you with multiplied assurance
65 Years old 45 Years old
30 Years old Whole Life
On Death or Critical Illness, Mr Lee will get $188,22111
If he chooses to surrender his plan, his projected surrender value will be $109,02211
Stops paying premiums after 45 years old but stays covered for Death, Total and Permanent Disability2, Terminal Illness2 or Critical Illness
Mr Lee makes premium payments of $327 per month for 15 years
At Age 65 Before Age 65
Multiplier Benefit provides coverage of
$300,000 on Death, Total and Permanent Disability2 or Terminal Illness2, or $250,000 on Critical Illness.
1. The payout for Total and Permanent Disability, Terminal
Illness and Critical Illness accelerate the Death benefit sum
assured. Upon a claim for Death, Accelerated Terminal Illness,
Accelerated Disability or Accelerated Critical Illness (except
claims for Angioplasty and Other Invasive Treatment for
Coronary Artery) and the full sum assured is paid, the policy
will terminate and no further benefits will be paid.
2. Policy provides coverage against Terminal Illness and Total and
Permanent Disability before the cover expiry date, which is
the policy anniversary on which the Life Assured is aged 65
next birthday. The Life Assured cannot claim for both Terminal
Illness and Total and Permanent Disability.
3. Premiums are not guaranteed during the premium payment term.
4. The multiplier benefit is a percentage of the sum assured shown
in the table and is dependent on the age of the Life Assured at
the Cover Start Date.
5. Bonuses, if any, are not guaranteed and will vary according to
the future experience of the participating fund.
6. Sum assured of the new policy upon a life event can only be up
to a maximum of 25% of the multiplier benefit or sum assured
of $150,000, whichever is lower. The option to purchase a new
policy can only be exercised twice in the lifetime of the Life
Assured and the maximum additional cover for these two life
events can only be up to a maximum of 50% of the multiplier
benefit or sum assured of $300,000, whichever is lower.
7. The full list of benefits covered and their definitions can be
found in the product summary that can be obtained from your
Prudential Financial Consultant. For certain medical conditions,
there is a waiting period of 90 days from the date of issue or
reinstatement, whichever is later. Survival period of at least 7
days from the date of diagnosis is applicable before a claim
can be made.
Call your Prudential Financial Consultant or our
PruCustomer Line at 1800 333 0333 today, or visit
8. Early Stage and Intermediate Stage benefits payout under
Early Crisis Cover Multiplier will reduce the PRUlifemultiplier policy sum assured. If the sum assured of both PRUlife multiplier and Early Crisis Cover Multiplier is the
same and a benefit payout for 100% of the sum assured from
Early Crisis Cover Multiplier is made, the whole policy and
this supplementary benefit will terminate. A claim under the
Critical Illness benefit within the PRUlife multiplier policy
could result in either a reduction of sum assured or termination
of Early Crisis Cover Multiplier.
9. Optional benefits of Medical Reimbursement III and Weekly
Income III can be added to Comprehensive Personal Accident III.
10. Upon diagnosis of Early or Intermediate Stage Medical Conditions,
the future premiums of the covered benefits will be waived for 5
years or 10 years respectively, or the remaining premium payment
term, whichever is shorter. The maximum premium waiver period
is 10 years, after which the benefit terminates and premium
payment for the covered benefits resumes.
11. The illustrated values use bonus rates assuming a projected
investment rate of return of 4.75% p.a. for the participating
fund. Bonuses, if any, are not guaranteed and will vary
according to the future performance of the participating fund.
Buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment. An
early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and
the surrender value payable (if any) may be less than the total
Buying health insurance products that are not suitable for you
may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs.
You are recommended to seek advice from a qualified Prudential
Financial Consultant for a financial analysis before purchasing a
policy suitable to meet your needs.
Premiums for some of the supplementary benefits are not
guaranteed and may be adjusted based on future claims experience.
This brochure is for reference only and is not a contract of
insurance. Please refer to the exact terms and conditions, specific
details and exclusions applicable to these insurance products in
the policy documents that can be obtained from your Prudential
In case of discrepancy between the English and Mandarin versions
of this brochure, the English version shall prevail.
Information is correct as at 11 August 2015.
Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited. (Reg. No. 199002477Z)
30 Cecil Street #30-01 Prudential Tower Singapore 049712
Tel: 1800 333 0333 Fax: 6734 6953 Part of Prudential plc