Soal Prediksi dan Try Out
TAHUN PELAJARAN 2012/2013
Disusun Sesuai Indikator Kisi-Kisi UN 2013
Bahasa Inggris SMK
Written by :
Team STMIK Jakarta
Distributed by :
Soal Pra UN Bahasa Inggris SMK. Distributed by http://pak-anang.blogspot.com Halaman 1
A. LISTENING SECTION
PART I. Directions:
There are four items in this part. For each item, you will see a picture on your test paper and you will hear four short statements. The statements will be spoken TWICE. They will not be printed on your test paper, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say. When you hear the four statements, look at the picture on your test paper and choose the statement that best describes what you see in the picture. Then, on your answer sheet, find the number of the question and mark your answer. Look at the sample below. Now listen to the four statements:
Sample Answer :
Statement (B), “There’s a chair under the table”, best describes what you see in the picture. Therefore, you should choose answer (B).
Now let’s begin with the picture marked number (1) on your test paper. 1. 2.
A C D
In this section of the test you will have the chance to show how well you understand spoken English. There are four parts to this section with special directions for each part.
Soal Pra UN Bahasa Inggris SMK. Distributed by http://pak-anang.blogspot.com Halaman 2
PART II. Directions:
There are four items in this part of the test. For each item, you will hear a question or statement spoken in English followed by three responses, also spoken in English. They will be spoken TWICE. They will not be printed on your test paper, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say. You are to choose the best response to each question or statement and mark it on your answer sheet. Now listen to a sample question.
You will hear : Sample Answer You will also hear :
The best response to the question, “How are you?” is choice (A), “I’m fine. And you?” Therefore you should choose answer (A).
Now let’s begin with question number (5) on your test paper.
5. Mark your answer on your answer sheet 6. Mark your answer on your answer sheet 7. Mark your answer on your answer sheet 8. Mark your answer on your answer sheet
PART III. Directions:
There are three items in this part of the test. For each item you will hear a short conversation between two people. You will hear the conversations TWICE. They will not be printed on your test paper, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say. On your test paper, you will read a question about each conversation. The question will be followed by four answers. You are to choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet.
Now, let’s begin with question number (9) on your test paper.
9. Where are the speakers? A. On a bus.
B. On a subway. C. In a restaurant. D. In an automobile. 10. What is being talked about?
A. A movie. B. A comedian. C. A movie star. D. A television show.
11. What kind of room did the man want? A. One single room.
B. One double room. C. Two single rooms. D. Two double rooms.
Soal Pra UN Bahasa Inggris SMK. Distributed by http://pak-anang.blogspot.com Halaman 3
PART IV. Directions:
In this part of the test you will hear two short talks. Each will be spoken TWICE. They will not be printed on your test paper, so you must listen carefully to understand and remember what is said. On your test paper, you will read two questions about each short talk. Each question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet.
Now let’s begin with the following short talk.
12. Who is most likely making the announcement? A. An appointed guest.
B. The resort manager. C. A security officer. D. The pool visitors.
13. What benefit will the Snow Bay identification holders have? A. Free towels and chairs for the beach.
B. Free swimming lessons at the pool. C. Reduced room rates at the resort.
D. Discounts at area restaurant.
14. What encourages listeners to buy Old Land soup? A. Its cheap price.
B. Its new variety. C. Its healthy ingredients. D. Its simple preparation.
15. Where can Old Land soups be bought? A. At the Old Land Soup Restaurant. B. In various restaurants of the city. C. In certain gourmet food stores. D. At a lot of grocery stores.
B. READING SECTION
PART V. Directions:
Questions 16 – 30 are incomplete dialogues. Four clauses/sentences, marked (A), (B), (C), or (D), are given beneath each question. You are to choose the one clause/sentence that best completes the dialogue. Then, on your answer sheet, find the number of the question and mark your answer.
16. Lina : How can I get this television fixed? Deni : … Here is the number.
A. You can call the electrician. B. You ought to buy the new one. C. You should repair it by yourself. D. You have to contact the mechanic.
In this part of the test you will have the chance to show how well you understand written English. There are three parts to this section, with special directions for each part.
Soal Pra UN Bahasa Inggris SMK. Distributed by http://pak-anang.blogspot.com Halaman 4
17. Caller : Hello. This is Wendy’s speaking. Can I speak to David? Nita : I am sorry, he is out. ...?
Caller : All right, thank you. A. Can I take a message
B. Could you leave a message C. Could you call back at four D. Could you wait for a moment
18. Barbara : Why did you speak to Mr. Lawrence last night? Dean : … and show him my new creation.
A. I will ask B. I ought to tell C. I had to inform D. I’m going to come
19. Keyla : I wonder if you’d like to join us for dinner this evening. Lila : Sorry. …
A. I have other plans. B. I will do it soon. C. I’d be glad to. D. I think I can.
20. Joko : Do you mind if I sit here? Nanda : … I think it’s unoccupied. A. I agree with you.
B. No. Go ahead. C. Of course. D. Yes, I do.
21. Erica : Excuse me. I bought this alarm-clock the other day and ... I’d like a refund. Here’s my receipt.
Seller : I see. What seems to be the problem? A. The clock is in a good condition.
B. It costs more than I thought. C. Perhaps the alarm is okay. D. I’m not satisfied with it.
22. Andien : I would appreciate it if you could go to the store for me. Bella : No problem. …
A. Can you do me a favor? B. What do you want me to get? C. I am afraid I can’t go anywhere. D. You can help me buy something.
23. Mira : Shall we wait for John before ordering? Fino : No. … if we start.
A. We can do it without him B. We had informed him C. He won’t mind D. He called me
Soal Pra UN Bahasa Inggris SMK. Distributed by http://pak-anang.blogspot.com Halaman 5
24. Mr.Oji : If you were the headmaster, what would your top priority be for this school? Supri : …
A. I would make this school to be internationally standardized. B. I would have collaborated with some famous universities. C. I can ask the school members to be more discipline. D. I will make many good programs for this school. 25. Nina : I like watching news on TV. How about you?
Farah : … It shows us too much violence for the children. A. I couldn’t agree more.
B. I absolutely agree. C. I think so.
D. I disagree.
26. Lilian : How do I get to the sports store?
Putri : .... It's on the right side of the street, next to Wendy's. A. Walk straight until you get to the intersection.
B. It’s between the bank and the drugstore. C. It’s in front of the Central hospital. D. Sorry, I’m stranger myself.
27. Andy : What do you usually do after school, Harry? Harry : … and listen to the music.
A. I’ll go out of town with friends. B. I just watched TV and slept. C. I had to help my mom. D. I review the lessons.
28. Pino : Have you decided what to order? Marlina : Yes. I think … I am thirsty. A. I’ll have soda.
B. I’ll take burger. C. I order some meals. D. I want to eat something.
29. Ophie : Will you be at home this week?
Seprie : I am not sure. ... I have some jobs to do there. A. I prefer Lombok to Maluku.
B. I will have gone to Bali. C. I like doing something. D. I might be in Bandung.
30. Helena : Tell me about your favorite sport, Intan. Intan : … I always do it every week.
A. I enjoy doing it.
B. I am keen on riding horses. C. I like reading sports magazine. D. I’m interested in writing about it.
Soal Pra UN Bahasa Inggris SMK. Distributed by http://pak-anang.blogspot.com Halaman 6
PART VI. Directions:
In questions 31 – 36, each item has four underlined words or phrases, marked (A), (B), (C), and (D). You are to identify the one underlined word or phrase that should be corrected or rewritten, and mark your answer.
31. Experts predict a continuing global expansion of tourism through the decade, and emphasize A B Southeast Asia as the region that will experience the greater development.
32. Although violent crime is on the rise, it is still not nearly as common as the crime of fraud, whom A B C an innocent victim may at any time lose an entire life’s savings.
33. Rengga : My car isn’t running very well, and it won’t start easily. A B
Ferdian : Will I check the engine for you and find out what the trouble is? C D
34. Peter is a new friend of mine. He’s wonderful, pleasant, and attention. He’s also a good talker A B C D
and a good listener.
35. So far, there have been 20 victims of the Dengue Fever in the area. People tend to blame A B the local Health Department. If they are more serious in anticipating and handling this fever, C D
there would not be so many victims. 36. Andrester : How was the hearing session? A
Rafika : The debate was lively and challenged, but agreement was never reached. B C D
PART VII. Directions:
Questions 37 – 50 are based on a selection of reading materials, such as notices, letters, forms, articles, advertisements, etc. You are to choose the one best answer the questions (A), (B), (C), or (D). Answer all the questions following each reading selection on basis of what is stated or implied in the selection.
Soal Pra UN Bahasa Inggris SMK. Distributed by http://pak-anang.blogspot.com Halaman 7
Questions 37 – 39 refer to the following letter.
37. For what insurance is the coverage on the above policy? A. Life
B. Home C. Health D. Automobile
38. What has William Mervin received from his insurance company? A. A payment on a claim
B. A rebate on his payment C. A bill for insurance coverage D. A notice of his policy cancelation
39. “... to take this opportunity to thank you ...” (last paragraph). The underlined word refers to ....
A. profit B. chance C. payment D. information
Battelle Insurance Company Chicago, Illinois
William P. Mervin Policy Number: 23 Dribble Drive A987 8907 E08 Hobart, IL 33456
Car Description: 1993 Ford Escort
Enclosed is your latest dividend check. Since Battelle’s claim costs continue to be less than anticipated, our Board of Directors has authorized payment of this dividend on your auto insurance policy.
If you have any questions about your auto policy, or about insurance for your home, life, or health, please call me.
We are pleased to send you this dividend and to take this opportunity to thank you for selecting Battelle as your insurer.
Sincerely, Joe Mullee
Soal Pra UN Bahasa Inggris SMK. Distributed by http://pak-anang.blogspot.com Halaman 8
Questions 40 – 41 refer to the following schedule.
ITINERARY of William Smith, activities in Hamburg 24-25 November, at Western Premier Hotel
Date Time Place Info Monday,
08:15 – 10:00 AM Room no. B23 Meeting with Mr. Brown
10:00 – 12:30 AM Room no. C3 Meeting with Mr. Brown, Mrs. Green, Mr. Yoko, Mr. Volker, and Mrs. Zol
12:30 – 01:30 PM Company restaurant
Lunch with Mr. Brown and Mr. Bright (senior account manager)
01:30 – 04:00 PM Room no. B20 Meeting with the marketing department. Host: Mrs. Johnson
07:00 – 10:00 PM Dinner with Mr. Brown. He will pick you up at the hotel.
Tuesday, November 25
08:15 – 02:30 PM Room no B23 Report to Mr. Brown. Guided tour of the factory, including lunch.
03:00 – 04:00 PM Room no. A55 Meeting with the new PR-manager, Mrs. White (successor of Mr. VandenBoom)
40. Where will Mr. Smith probably have dinner on November 24? A. At company restaurant.
B. Somewhere in town. C. At Premier Hotel. D. In room B20.
41. What will Mr. Smith do on November 25? A. Call Mr. Brown.
B. Lunch with Mrs. White. C. Meet Mr. VandenBoom. D. Join the tour of the factory.
Questions 42 – 44 refer to the following information.
Rudyard Kipling, one of England’s most famous writer, was born in Bombay, India, in 1865, where his English father was working for the British government. Kipling spent his early chidhood in India. At six he was taken to England and educated in an English school. From 1882 until 1883 he was editor of his school paper. He went back to India in 1883. There he became interested in writing and work for a newpaper. When he was twenty-one he published his first book, which was a small book of poetry. Before he was twenty-four he had brought out a small collection of short stories. These were well-liked and full of brilliant descriptions and accurate observations.
Between 1887 and 1889 Kipling travelled around the world. He visited China, Japan, and he lived for a few years in America, where he married an American woman. During this period he wrote several of his most popular works, the stories for children, which made him famous; The Jungle Books (1894), Kim (1901) and Just So Stories (1902). He also published several books of peotry during this time. Kipling returned to England from America and spent the rest of his life there until his death in 1936.
Soal Pra UN Bahasa Inggris SMK. Distributed by http://pak-anang.blogspot.com Halaman 9
42. What is the first paragraph about? A. Kipling’s brief background. B. Kipling’s favorite writers. C. Kipling’s popular books. D. Kipling’s foreign family. 43. What made Kipling famous?
A. He wrote some stories for children. B. He married an American woman. C. He was educated in England. D. He visited many countries.
44. “ ... and spent the rest of his life there ... “ (last sentence, 2nd paragraph) The underlined word refers to ....
A. America B. England C. China D. Japan
Questions 45 – 47 refer to the following information instructions.
45. What is the instruction about? A. How to cook rice well.
B. How to use an electrical device. C. How to assemble thermal layers. D. How to use a manual rice cooker.
46. To steam vegetables in a Fukima rice cooker, the appliance must .... A. be coated with an enamel finish
B. hold four cups of raw vegetables C. be constructed of three thermal layers D. have a protective coating in the cooking bin
47. “Particles and minerals that come off during ...” (paragraph 2) The underlined word is similar in meaning to ...
A. happen B. begin C. leave D. enter
Before beginning to assemble your new four-cup Fukima Thermal Rice Cooker, read all directions carefully. Wash all non-electrical parts of the cooker before using the first time.
Use your rice cooker only as described in the enclosed recipe booklet. The three-thermal-layer Fukima Enamel Rice Cooker, model number FX3, is not intended for steam cooking vegetables. Particles and minerals that come off during cooking may damage the finish on the inside of the cooking bin. Only model number FX5 (six-cup capacity), with five thermal layers, is manufactured with a protective internal coating strong enough for steaming vegetables.
Soal Pra UN Bahasa Inggris SMK. Distributed by http://pak-anang.blogspot.com Halaman 10
Questions 48 – 50 refer to the following advertisement.
48. What is being advertised? A. A nice place to stay. B. The most convenient hotel. C. The international restaurant. D. A modern communication facility.
49. Whom is the above advertisement directed to? A. Vacationers
B. Senior citizens C. Business travelers D. Convention organizers
50. “ ... in Spain will appreciate our modern ... “ (last sentence) The synonym of the underlined word is ....
A. participate B. provide C. create D. enjoy
At the Madrid Chancellor Hotel you can expect the finest in luxury and convenience, with the business traveler’s special needs in mind. Our tasty array of regional, national and international dishes, prepared by the most skilled European chefs, are served on only the finest China.Our concierge is always a source of the most up-to-date information and, of course, anyone having business in Spain will appreciate our modern communication facilities, on line 24 hours per day, and available in every room.
Soal Pra UN Bahasa Inggris SMK. Distributed by http://pak-anang.blogspot.com Halaman 11 KUNCI JAWABAN