BROOKLYN SHOWER UNIT
900 & 1000MM SQUARE 2-SIDED INSTRUCTIONS
1. When you receive your Brooklyn Square Shower package please check for any freight damage.
2. If damage has occurred advise your supplier within 8 hours.
3. Do not install any faulty product as this will invalidate later claims.
• This covers faulty product. Check www.stein.co.nz for full details of warranty.
• Any breakage on site will not be covered.
• The installation must conform to the instructions for the warranty to apply.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Glass is heavy and requires two people to handle in most applications.
• Always stand glass up after unpacking the components and use soft packing when in contact with hard surfaces. Take care not to strike an edge or corner on a hard surface.
• All glass is toughened and cannot be reworked or drilled.
• Wear protective gloves and eye protection.
• Special care should be taken when drilling walls to avoid hidden pipes or electrical cables.
IMPORTANT PREPARATION STEPS!
1. Solid fixing must be provided in the walls behind the wall channels. 20mm centre off outside of the Acrylic tray.
2. Plumbing fittings in the wall need suitable solid fixings.
3. All plumbing must be completed by a registered plumber and be in place prior to being lined.
4. The wall lining must be a “Wet Area” grade to meet the Building Code.
5. The floor must be level and flat without deflection. Walls must be plumb and surfaces flat.
6. The Acrylic Tray and Liner comes with its own specific instructions.
TOOLS REQUIRED (NOT SUPPLIED)
MATERIALS REQUIRED (NOT SUPPLIED)
BROOKLYN SHOWER UNIT SQUARE & ALCOVE
WE RECOMMEND A TRADESMAN FAMILIAR WITH THIS TYPE OF INSTALLATION
• Rags and suitable cleaning materials
• Sika Silaflex NG Translucent
NO. DESCRIPTION SIZE (mm) QTY UNIT
1 Wall Plug (Concrete) 6 x 30 8 Pc
2 Wall Channel 1830 2 Pc
3 Wall Channel Screws ST3. 5 x 35 8 Pc
4 Screw Caps 6 Pc
5 Frame to Wall Channel (x 6)/ Corner Bracket Screw (x 1) Return side only ST4 x 10 7 Pc
6 Vertical Swivel Profile 1775 1 Pc
7 Door Glass 1 Pc
8 Handle 1 Pc
9 Alloy Pivot Bottom 1 Pc
10 Bottom Seal 1 Pc
11 Waterbar Fitting 1 Pc
12 Waterbar 1 Pc
13 Waterbar Corner Fitting 1 Pc
14 Magnetic Seal 1764 1 Pc
15 Magnetic Seal 1808 1 Pc
16 Return Panel 1 Pc
17 Top Rail Corner Bracket 1 Pc
18 Corner Bracket Screw (Door side) ST4 x 12 1 Pc
19 Top Door Rail 1 Pc
20 Top Pivot Mounting Bracket 1 Pc
21 Top Pivot Mounting Screws (Door rail to top pivot) ST3. 5 x 20 1 Pc
22 Top Pivot Mounting Screws (Fastening to vertical swivel profile 6) ST4 x 50 1 Pc
23 Flat Washer 20 x 1.2mm 2 Pc
IMPORTANT! BEFORE YOU START READ THROUGH TO GET THE CONCEPT.
Mark out the side face of wall channels 13mm off the tray edge. This allows for walls bowed or protruding inward by 4mm. If the tray or walls are out of line this may require recalculating position using the Minimum to Maximum Table below.
Plumb and mark the boundary lines of wall channels and predrill a 2mm lead hole in the liner.
Apply a continuous 7mm bead of silicone on the back of channel, fasten to wall ensuring these remain plumb. There are two flat washers (23) supplied. when fastening the wall channel on the door side use the two flat washers at top and bottoms fastening points.
LAYOUT PLAN A
MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM TABLE
Wall out of plumb will not allow the full minimum / maximum range.
SHOWER TYPE FRONT PANEL (A) MIN/MAX RETURN PANEL (B) MIN/MAX 900 x 900 Square (2 Sided) 870mm to 885mm 870mm to 885mm
1000 x 1000 Square (2 Sided) 970mm to 985mm 970mm to 985mm NOTE: Return panel measurements do not include waterbar outside line.
1 2 3
20 7 21
2 2 2
Fit top and bottom pivots to door glass profile.
Fasten top door rail to secure top pivot.
NOTE: Use lubricant on screw No.22
Assemble shower screen components.
Temporary packing to elevate/align door glass
Fit pivots into vertical swivel profile.
Install return glass.
If glass requires packing up at outside, position this at the end of the glass so bracket 13 captures it.
Plumb up the leading edge of return panel to align to wall channel.
7 11 10
14 16 18 5 15
7 Fit handle.
Secure top rail at corner.
No.5 screw - 4mm x 10mm No.18 screw - 4mm x 12mm
Fit magnetic seals.
No.15 Finish at bottom of glass
Square up door, position return panel & align to tray edge.
Fasten shower screen frame to wall channels.
& 2 end fittings with NG Silicone Tape in place.
CURING 36 hrs
Ensure return panel is in line at base.
10.6 10.5 10.4
Bottom Door Seal Seal to bottom.
Elevate slightly above level.
Apply Silicone Sealant around the outside as shown.
Silicone is not used on the inside of the shower screen because water can build up over time within the wall channel and leak out of the shower area. The screen is designed to allow the water to return into the shower area, if any is present.
SCREENS THAT ARE SEALED ON THE INSIDE WILL VOID WARRANTY.
ALLOW 24 HOURS FOR SILICONE TO FULLY DRY BEFORE USE.