Regent is an authorised financial services provider.
WHAT IS THE LIFESTYLE PROTECTION PLAN?
The Lifestyle Protection Plan provides credit life cover and is a simple way to take the risk out of buying on credit. There are three different plans – Bronze, Silver and Gold; and these plans are available to anyone between the ages of 18 and
77. A Lifestyle Protection Plan Policy has a maximum term of 7 years.
The Balance of Indebtedness* and Monthly Instalments** Benefits are payable to the Finance Provider
WHAT DOES THE LIFESTYLE PROTECTION PLAN COVER?
Total and Permanent Disability Benefit*
Temporary Total Disability Benefit**
Instalment Cover due to Hospitalisation
or due to Retrenchment Benefit (but
Dread Disease Benefit*
Gold and Silver Plan
If you die before age 69, your outstanding debt will be settled.
Option 1 - If you die before age 72, your outstanding debt will be settled. Option 2 - If you die before age 77, your outstanding debt will be settled.
BOOSTER BENEFIT - Gold Plan only
The Booster Benefit is payable upon death, permanent disability or if you are diagnosed with a dread disease. It comprises the following added benefits:
• Double Benefit – an additional payment will be made to you that is equal to your outstanding debt.
• Minimum Benefit – after month 36, a minimum benefit payment amount of R30,000 will be paid where the principal
debt is R30,001 or more at the start of the finance agreement; or if the principal debt was R30,000 or less at the start
of the finance agreement, the minimum benefit payment amount will be 20% of the principal debt.
• Maturity or Expiry Cash Back Benefit – when your policy matures or expires, you will receive cash to the value of 10%
of all premiums paid.
• Early Settlement, Future Policy Discount Benefit – if you settle the finance agreement linked to this policy early, you
TOTAL AND PERMANENT DISABILITY - Gold and Silver Plan
If you become permanently disabled before age 69, Regent will pay out an amount equal to your outstanding debt.
TEMPORARY TOTAL DISABILITY - Gold and Silver Plan
If you are unable to earn your normal salary as a result of an illness or injury before age 69, Regent will pay your monthly instalments until you recover.
INSTALMENT COVER DUE TO RETRENCHMENT BENEFIT - Gold and Silver Plan
If you are a full-time employee and are retrenched before age 69, your monthly instalment will be paid for a maximum of three months while you are unemployed with a maximum of two retrenchment events.
INSTALMENT COVER DUE TO HOSPITALISATION BENEFIT - Gold and Silver Plan
If you are self-employed and injured or ill and hospitalised for more than seven consecutive days before age 69, your monthly instalment will be paid for three months.
DREAD DISEASE - Gold and Silver Plan
If, before age 69, you suffer from cancer, have a heart attack or a stroke, undergo major surgery or lose a limb, Regent will pay out an amount equal to the death benefit.
FUNERAL - Gold Plan only
If you die, an additional R10,000 will be paid towards your funeral expenses.
EXCLUSIONS APPLICABLE TO THE INSTALMENT COVER DUE TO RETRENCHMENT:
Regent will not pay if:
• You are self-employed within a business owned by any member of your family.
• You are employed by a fixed term contract of employment that expires and is not automatically renewable. • You are a partner in a partnership, a member of a closed corporation or a director of a company.
• You resign, retire early, retire normally or accept voluntary retrenchment.
• You are dismissed for misconduct. You knew or suspected that you were going to be retrenched on or before the date of commencement of the policy.
• You lose another source of income, other than the income you receive from your employer.
• You have not been continuously employed for at least 6 months before the Date of Commencement, Re-instatement or Re-date of this policy.
EXCLUSIONS APPLICABLE TO THE INSTALMENT COVER DUE TO HOSPITALISATION:
Regent will not pay the claim if:
• At the Date of Commencement, Re-instatement or Re-date of this policy, you knew that you would be hospitalised. • You are hospitalised outside the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
• You are hospitalised as a result of a mental or nervous condition. This includes stress, anxiety or depression – unless the condition is being treated under the direct and regular care of a consultant psychiatric specialist.
• You are hospitalised for a back or spinal condition unless this condition is shown on a MRI or CT scan conducted or supervised by an appropriate specialist.
• You are hospitalised for any condition for which you have received treatment or advice during the 12 months before the Date of Commencement, Re-instatement or Re-date of this policy.
• You are hospitalised for intentional self-inflicted injury or suicide attempt.
EXCLUSIONS APPLICABLE TO TOTAL AND PERMANENT DISABILITY AND/OR TEMPORARY TOTAL DISABILITY:
Regent is not obliged to pay a claim for a lump sum total and permanent disability and/or temporary total disability benefits which arise directly or indirectly from:
• Conditions as a result of or affected (temporarily or otherwise) by alcohol or drugs, other than as prescribed by a medical practitioner.
• Committing any breach of criminal law.
• Participation in airborne pursuits, unless as a passenger flying for the purpose of transport in an airworthy aircraft piloted by a licensed pilot.
GENERAL EXCLUSIONS APPLICABLE TO THE WHOLE POLICY:
Regent is not obliged to pay any claim arising directly or indirectly from:
• Intentional self-inflicted injury, suicide or attempted suicide within 24 months of the Date of Commencement, Re-instatement or Re-date of this policy; or
• Any chronic and/or life threatening medical condition, disability, illness, bodily injury, infirmity, defect or ill-health that existed or was treated within a 24-month period prior to or at the Date of application, Re-instatement or re-date of this policy. Such medical conditions, disability, illness, bodily injury, infirmity, defect or ill-health will be excluded for a period of 24 months after the commencement date of cover for this policy.
• Disability or illness whilst unemployed – Regent will not pay if you become disabled whilst you are unemployed, unless you suffer total and irrecoverable loss of all sight in both eyes, or of all use of both hands or of both feet, or if the disability results in the permanent and total inability to work for payment.
HOW TO CLAIM
Contact the Call Centre on 0860 734 368. You must advise Regent within 30 days of the claim. You will need to supply details of the claim, reasonable proof or evidence in writing.
UNDERSTANDING THE PREMIUMS
With the Lifestyle Protection Plan you can get affordable credit life insurance of up to R1,000,000 (amounts shown are a guide only).
Sum insured/debt owing R75,000 Monthly premium rate per thousand R2
Admin fee R10
Monthly premium for a single life insured R160 Monthly premium for two lives insured R205 SILVER PLAN
Sum insured/debt owing R75,000 Monthly premium rate per thousand R1.60
Admin fee R10
Monthly premium for a single life insured R130 Monthly premium for two lives insured R166 BRONZE PLAN – Option1
Sum insured/debt owing R75,000 Monthly premium rate per thousand R1
Admin fee R10
Monthly premium for a single life insured R85 Monthly premium for two lives insured R166 BRONZE PLAN – Option2
Sum insured/debt owing R75,000 Monthly premium rate per thousand R2.60
Admin fee R10
Monthly premium for a single life insured R205 Monthly premium for two lives insured R263.50
For more information contact your Regent consultant
HOW TO CONTACT US
Regent head office:
146 Boeing Road East, Elma Park, Edenvale, 1609, South Africa
PO Box 674, Edenvale, 1610, Johannesburg, South Africa
Customer care line:
0860 734 368 Fax: +27 (0) 11 574 2828 Website: www.regent.co.za 08082014