Enterprise Cloud Private Edition
Overview ... 2
Brief Description of Offering ... 2
Use Cases/Business Challenges ... 2
Availability for Sale ... 3
Detailed Description/Components of Offering ... 4
Product/Service offering ... 4 System Components ... 7 Reporting ... 7 Management ... 7
Additional/Optional Services ... 9Professional Services ... 9
Pricing ... 9
Service Level Agreements ... 9
Brief Description of Offering
Terremark meets the diverse needs of enterprises with services and solutions in every part of the cloud services continuum – from private cloud deployments and traditional IT-managed services to public cloud services for enterprises of all sizes. Our offerings address the wide range of possible business requirements.
Enterprise Cloud Private Edition combines the power and flexibility of infrastructure-as-a-service with the expertise, security and availability large organizations with mission-critical computing needs demand of their infrastructure. Private Edition allows enterprises to maintain control and self-management of their IT infrastructure. An easy-to-use Web-based management interface and robust API provides command and control over a cloud-based resource pool of compute, storage and network built on a fully-clustered, enterprise-class computing architecture featuring virtualization technology from VMware (the industry leader in enterprise virtualization) and housed in Terremark's secure, top-tier datacenters.
Private Edition allows for the precise and dynamic allocation of computing resources when and where they're needed. And, because it’s based on Terremark's proven utility computing platform, massive and diverse network connectivity and top-tier data centers, Private Edition has the scale, performance and security to meet all of your enterprise’s needs.
Terremark understands that maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of mission critical information is a top priority for enterprises and government agencies. Our multi-layer approach to delivering security services enables our customers to purchase appropriate risk reduction services in order to achieve a desired state of protection at all levels within their Private Edition environment. Multi-layer security services can be delivered in the cloud to defend your web sites, applications and data from malicious attacks by combining advanced state-of-the-art tools, services and instrumentation, all managed by a team of highly experienced, certified security professionals. Use Cases/Business Challenges
The biggest challenges for today's CIO are agility, brand protection and compliance, and financial optimization of IT assets. CIOs are constantly faced with bringing new technologies to market faster to stay one step ahead of the competition; achieving ultimate application stability and scalability; and adhering to corporate security policies, all while working on strict or controlling budgets. Terremark's Enterprise Cloud Private Edition helps solve these challenges with:
• Agility & Scalability
◦ Precisely shape IT infrastructure with the push of a button or an API call; leading to faster provisioning timelines measured in days versus months
◦ Scale infrastructure through workload provisioning and automation versus lengthy physical hardware deployments ◦ Shift unused resources quickly where demand is needed
• Stability & Reliability
◦ Reap high levels of availability, as every layer of Private Edition is constructed in an N+N configuration for resiliency ◦ Achieve infrastructure redundancy without investing in expensive hardware platforms through native virtualization
clustering • Operational Maturity
◦ The infrastructure platform at the core of the Private Edition has been in operation by Terremark for over six years. Customers gain a high level of operational maturity through our third generation platform.
◦ The Enterprise Cloud automation and provisioning layer is an extension of our internally developed digitalOps systems management suite, which has been running in production since 1996. Terremark’s focus on our IP and innovation allows us to nimbly react to market demands.
• Corporate Compliance & Policy
◦ Delivering the Private Edition to government customers for the last 4 years has heightened our ability to support some of the strictest security compliance requirements in the industry. We have evolved our expertise, process, and technology to
address these requirements. Terremark’s experience benefits all customers that deploy systems on our Enterprise Cloud platform.
◦ Combining our expertise, process, and technology with the dedicated infrastructure design of Private Edition helps customers to meet their internal compliance requirements accompanied by experts.
◦ Private Edition provides complete segregation of compute, storage, and hypervisor to meet.the high level of privacy and security required by our customers.
◦ The isolated design of Private Edition helps address enterprise customer security compliance requirements where auditing or other internal standards previously restricted multi-tenant cloud adoption.
• Financial Benefits
◦ Private Edition is delivered as a service. Purchase the compute, storage, and connectivity required and avoid capital budget constraints along with the risk of buying more capacity than needed.
◦ Manage budgets by shifting computing and storage resources to the workloads and IT projects that need them the most; never worry about buying hardware that goes underutilized.
◦ Business applications often reside in organizational silos with dedicated servers and networks; each designed to support peak demand, and largely underutilized. This unnecessarily drives up the costs of hardware, software, maintenance, operations, electricity and data center space.
◦ Avoid costly data center expansion projects by deploying dedicated clouds in a premium Terremark data center. We share data center costs with thousands of customers, providing a reliable, cost-effective solution tailored to your needs. • Expansive Footprint & Massive Connectivity
◦ Customers benefit from our expansive service delivery strategy and inter-connected cloud-enabled data centers around the globe.
◦ Terremark NAP's provide access to over 160 backbone providers across the globe. The premium data centers and global Verizon connectivity allow cloud customers to reach their customers in locations around the world.
• Rapid Provisioning of Capacity on Demand
◦ Companies are often faced with fluctuating capacity requirements as a result of both planned and unplanned events. Fluctuating capacity requirements drive the need to provision additional resources quickly and on short notice. ◦ Below are a few examples of situations that typically require rapid provisioning and additional capacity:
Holiday Retail Seasonal Demand Enrollments
End of Month/Quarter Events Auctions
Marketing Promotions Sales Campaigns Development Projects Migrations
Mergers & Aquisitions
Availability for Sale
The Enterprise Cloud Private Edition is supported in the following data centers: • Culpeper, Virginia
• Denver, Colorado • Miami, Florida • Santa Clara, California • Amsterdam, Netherlands
Detailed Description/Components of OfferingProduct/Service offering
The Enterprise Cloud Private Edition provides a discrete pool of compute resources (CPU, memory and storage) on dedicated compute and storage hardware where you can: create and manage your own virtual servers, and control dedicated load balancers and firewall resources allocated to your environment. The easy-to-use Web console and API enables access and control without the need for specialized knowledge or assistance.
The service is available through two options: Standard capacity and Burst-Enabled capacity.
• Standard Capacity – Infrastructure capacity is built to customer requirements with additional expansion provisioned as needed. • Burst-Enabled Capacity - Infrastructure capacity is built with a
pre-packaged 25% reserve capacity to support burst and quick upgrades.
• Cisco Nexus 7000 10Gbps Switching Architecture • Cisco ASA 10Gbps Firewalls
• Citrix NetScaler 10Gbps Load Balancers • Cisco UCS M3 Blades
• VMWare vSphere 5.0
• EMC Fiber Channel Storage Arrays
Computing Resource Pools
The following processor/memory bundles and storage options are available: Standard Memory/Processing Bundles
• 450GB, 150GHz MEM/Proc. Resource Pool • Incremental Upgrade: 75GB, 25GHz Mem/Proc. Primary Storage Bundle
• 25,000GB Primary Storage Increments
• 1,000GB Primary Service Options
• The Burst Enabled Capacity allows the customer up to 25% additional capacity on demand to support spikes in usage, seasonal work, and other variable workloads.
• Large Memory Virtual Machine (VM) Memory/Processing Bundles (480GB, 120GHz Mem/Proc. Resource Pool)
o Incremental Upgrade: 160GB, 40GHz Mem/Proc.
The following default and optional network resources are available: Default Network Configuration *
• Active/Passive Virtual Firewall ** • Active/Passive Virtual Load Balancer ** • 5 Public IP Address
What is private/dedicated?
Physical Compute Resources Dedicated Physical Storage Resources Dedicated Physical Load Balancer Dedicated
Physical Firewall Dedicated
VMWare Virtual Center / Hypervisor Dedicated Customer Portal (Web Portal) Leveraged
Network Uplink Leveraged
• 2 Private Subnets:
o DMZ (/27): 30 Private IP Addresses (27 Usable) o INT (/28): 14 Private IP Addresses (11 Usable)
• 1 x SSL VPN Account per Administrator or User role (not applicable for read-only users) • Dedicated Private IP Addresses evaluated on a case by case basis
Optional Network Resources (additional fees may apply):
• Cloud LAN-to-LAN VPN Tunnels (1, 3, 6, or 10 Mbps Tunnels) • Additional Public IP Addresses (in increments of 5, 10, or 25) • Larger Private IP Subnets will be evaluated on a case by case basis
* This is the default initial configuration. Private Edition Customers can have additional network configurations to accommodate unique projects or business objectives.
** Total aggregate bandwidth capacity may require additional networking components
The following Backup options are available:
Agent-Based Disk-to-Disk Backup Service (location dependent and requires backup storage and license credits) • Use Case: Small to medium deployments
• Backup Storage (100GB Increments)
• Backup License Credits (1 year term per backup license credit)
o 2 Credits required for file backup
o 3 Credits required for Microsoft® SQL or Microsoft Exchange Hot backups
Terremark Data Backup and Restore for Private Edition (Agentless) • Use Case: Medium to large deployments
• Backup Storage Increments:
o Online Storage 100GB o Archive Storage 100GB
• Please refer to the Data Backup and Restore for Enterprise Cloud Service Description for more details • Tape Archival Services – Please contact your sales representative for more details
Pre-Built Operating System Templates
The following operating system deployment templates are available: Microsoft Windows®
• Windows 2003 R2 Standard (32 & 64-bit) • Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise (32 & 64-bit) • Windows 2008 Web (32 & 64-bit) • Windows 2008 Web R2 (64-bit) • Windows 2008 Standard (32 & 64-bit) • Windows 2008 R2 Standard (64-bit) • Windows 2008 Enterprise (32 & 64-bit) • Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit) Windows w/SQL Installed
• Windows 2003 R2 Standard (64-bit) w/ SQL 2008 Standard (64-bit) • Windows 2008 Standard (64-bit) w/ SQL 2008 Web (64-bit) • Windows 2008 Standard (64-bit) w/ SQL 2008 Standard (64-bit) • Windows 2008 R2 Standard (64-bit) w/ SQL 2008 R2 Web (64-bit) • Windows 2008 R2 Standard (64-bit) w/ SQL 2008 R2 Standard (64-bit) • Windows 2008 Standard (64-bit) w/ SQL 2012 Web (64-bit)
• Windows 2008 Standard (64-bit) w/ SQL 2012 Standard (64-bit) • Windows 2008 Standard (64-bit) w/ SQL 2012 Enterprise (64-bit) Linux
• CentOS 5 (32 & 64-bit) • CentOS 5.5 (32 & 64-bit)
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (32 & 64-bit) • Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5 (32 & 64-bit) • Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (32 & 64-bit)
• Ubuntu Server 10.04 (32 & 64-Bit) Oracle Solaris
Each customer’s Enterprise Cloud environment is provisioned on an enterprise-class computing architecture; although each deployment varies. A high-level sample architecture is provided below.
The Enterprise Cloud Private Edition console provides customers with self-service access to in-depth reporting about their cloud resources and account:
• Processor and Memory Resource Pool Utilization
• Individual Virtual Machine Processor and Memory Utilization • User Activity
• Bandwidth Trending • On-Demand Metered Billing Management
The Enterprise Cloud Private Edition is a self-service product and management of virtual machines is the customer’s responsibility. Terremark has a complete continuum of infrastructure and cloud services. Customers requiring a managed enterprise-class cloud service should consider our Enterprise Cloud Managed Edition offering.
Customer Support – Hours of Operation
Terremark provides 24 hour a day support, 365 days a year for the services designated as provided by Terremark in the Services Matrix.
Hourly Fee Based Services
Terremark may, depending on availability of subject matter expertise, provide advanced consultations and recommendations for the following items. Advanced consultations are billed per hour with a 1 hour minimum. A discovery form should be completed and submitted to
email@example.com 1 business day prior to the commencement of the consultation session.
Advanced Consultation Services
Advanced Consultation Services are available in the following areas:
• Fine tuning of suggested VM or operating system settings (not to exceed 4 hours)
• Memory/CPU Usage Configurations for the virtual server build based on type of server, OS (32 or 64-bit) • Best practice recommendations for Microsoft Active Directory® Organizational Units (OU) Configurations • General Performance Consultations
• Backup Data Migration
• Data Migration Assistance (Server to Server) • SQL/Exchange Backup Configuration
• Full Backup versus Partial/Differential Backup configuration assistance Availability of Advanced Consultation Services
• Offered during normal business hours based on resource and skill set availability
Additional/Optional ServicesProfessional Services
Terremark’s professional services for activities such as cloud strategy design, data migration, application configuration, and performance tuning can be added with a custom engagement. Please contact your Terremark sales team for more information.
Customers purchase dedicated computing resources pools with reserved capacity and committed bandwidth. Pricing is based on the size and capacity of the resource pool and billed monthly for the committed resources plus any bursting.
Service Level Agreements
Terremark provides the Service Level Agreements that today’s enterprises demand for their IT infrastructure. Our commitment to delivering enterprise-level services provides peace of mind.
• Committed SLAs for Availability (calculated monthly) – 99.5% - Enterprise Cloud User Interface
– 99.9% - Terremark Infrastructure & Dedicated Devices • Remedies
– One Service Credit for falling below stated %
– One Service Credit for each 100 minute increment of unavailability • Service Credit
– 1/30 of the Enterprise Cloud Private Edition Monthly Fee Terms and conditions apply. See your Terremark account manager for details.
The following table explains the Service Activities provided by Terremark: • Category “T” – Terremark-Provided Service Activity
• Category “C” – Customer-Provided Service Activity
• Category “O” – Optional-Terremark Provided Service Activity
Implementation of the required platform components (physical servers, physical storage, and physical network
devices) to support the contracted resource pools. T
Provisioning of contracted network resources including default public IP addresses, default firewall rule sets, default subnet configuration and private IP addresses, base load balancer configuration, and default SSL VPN configuration.
Provisioning of contracted resource pools per Customer environment including memory, processing, primary
storage, and networking. T
Creation of initial Enterprise Cloud administrative user account using default administrator privileges and system
Implementation of DNS Zones and associated resource records (up to 10 DNS Zones included with standard
service, additional Zones are billable). T
Provisioning of contracted Self Service Disk-to-Disk Backup Storage. O
Provisioning of contracted Phone Based Multifactor Authentication User licenses. O
Provisioning of contracted Cloud LAN-LAN VPN tunnels. O
Provisioning of contracted Advanced Security Services. O
Creation of additional Enterprise Cloud user accounts and/or changing default system preferences. C Creation and setup of Phone Based Multifactor Authentication for additional Enterprise Cloud users with
provisioned User licenses. C
Server creation and configuration using Enterprise Cloud operating system deployment templates and server
deployment wizards. C
Installation and configuration of custom or third party applications to customer deployed servers. C Download, installation and configuration of backup agents as defined by Terremark’s backup service
implementation self-service procedures. C
Setup of load balancer services through the Enterprise Cloud software C
Incident Management Owner Incident detection, severity classification, and recording for issues pertaining to the availability or performance of
the Enterprise Cloud application and infrastructure platform (physical servers, physical storage, and physical network devices).
Incident detection, severity classification, and recording for issues pertaining to the Enterprise Cloud application, including: primary administrator login issues, application performance issues, application bugs, operating system template issues, network administration console issues, SSL VPN usability issues, and general user interface issues.
Return to service or escalation of known issues pertaining to the Enterprise Cloud application, infrastructure
platform (physical servers, physical storage, and physical network devices). T
Incident detection, recording, and guidance on general How-To’s or usability questions related to the Enterprise
Cloud application. T
Consultation and recommendations for supported Windows and Linux Operating Systems. Includes the following areas:
• NIC/NIC Driver configuration • Disk Management
• Patching/Hotfix recommendations
• OS Performance tuning recommendations (memory & registry adjustments)
Note: Incident Management activities do not include server-side administration, configuration or modification of customer’s servers.
Self-Service Disk-to-Disk Backup Service Consultation and Recommendations. Includes the following areas:
• General issues with installation of backup client • General configuration guidance of backup client • Backup best practices
Phone-Based Multifactor Authentication Consultation and Recommendations. Includes the following areas:
• General Multifactor user setup guidance • General Multifactor how-to assistance
Note: Incident Management activities do not include training, end user phone issues, or performing the creation/deletion/modification of users.
Return to service or escalation of known issues pertaining to the network supporting the backup infrastructure
(requires purchase of backup services). O
Investigation, diagnosis, and return to service for issues pertaining to customer-deployed servers; including but not limited to custom and third party application deployment or configuration issues, user defined network configuration settings, user account management, etc.
Investigation, diagnosis, and return to service for issues pertaining to the performance of customer deployed
Problem Management Owner Problem investigation, diagnosis, recording and documentation of errors pertaining to the Enterprise Cloud
application and infrastructure platform (physical servers, physical storage, and physical network devices). T Problem investigation, diagnosis, recording and documentation of errors pertaining to the Enterprise Cloud
application – including login errors, application errors, operating system template errors, SSL VPN service issues, and network administration console errors.
Problem investigation, diagnosis, recording and documentation of errors pertaining to the network supporting the
backup infrastructure. O
Problem investigation, diagnosis, and return to service for errors pertaining to customer deployed servers
including use, modification, or customization of the customer deployed Operating Systems. C Problem investigation, diagnosis, and return to service for errors pertaining to custom or third party applications
installed by customer, server and/or application performance issues related to insufficient computing resources allocation to customer servers, etc.
Change Management Owner
Follow standard change management procedures to maintain updated operating system deployment templates
with current security updates, service packs, patches, and versions. T
Follow standard change management procedures to maintain the Enterprise Cloud application and infrastructure
platform (physical servers, physical storage, and physical network devices). T
Follow standard change management procedures to administer DNS Zone resource records on behalf of
Follow standard change management procedures to maintain the network supporting the backup infrastructure. O Maintain operating system patches and security fixes, custom and third party application changes, and general
network change administration of customer deployed servers. C
Administer all self-service features provided to customer through the Enterprise Cloud application. Including but not limited to server functions, network functions, disk-to-disk backup administration users and role configuration and My Account management, etc.
Security Management Owner Document and maintain security standards for base operating system deployment templates. T Maintain security standards, policies, and procedures for the Enterprise Cloud application and infrastructure
platform (physical servers, physical storage, and physical network devices). T
Maintain security standards, policies, and procedures for the network, servers, and storage supporting the backup
Maintain and execute customer-specific firewall security policies – including firewall rule set configuration,
modification, or log management. C
Maintain general security of customer data, customer operating systems, encryption levels, and custom or third
party applications installed by customer. C
*Consultations are limited to 2 hours per incident. Additional hours of consultation for the same incident are billed in full hour increments. A discovery form should be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org 1 business day prior to the commencement of the consultation session.