MALSP LUNCH AND LEARN:
TAKEAWAYS FROM LEGALTECH AND EDI
FEBRUARY 18, 2016
LEGALTECH TAKEAWAYS EDI TAKEAWAYS QUESTIONS
• Licensed attorney with over 5 years of ediscovery experience
• Specializes in designing and implementing custom reusable ediscovery workflows for enterprise clients, including complex data handling for ediscovery and compliance purposes and data migration between ediscovery platforms.
• Experienced in troubleshooting some of the most complex technical ediscovery challenges.
Vice President of Service Delivery
• Attorney with over 15 years litigation and
discovery experience as member of K&L Gates
• 12+ years of experience managing multi-year antitrust cases in the US and EU, decade-long serial litigations in state, federal and non-U.S.
courts, and large merger/HSR-related matters requiring coordination and execution of litigation holds, collections, review and production
• Oversees all Lighthouse service delivery teams,
including project management, solutions analysts,
and processing/production personnel
• The largest gathering of ediscovery and legal technology professionals each year
• Brings together corporations, law firms, vendors, and software providers to discuss the latest trends, controversies, and technology in the space
• Consists of:
• Keynote sessions
• Breakout presentations
• Exhibit hall
• This is the largest conference that Lighthouse and most other ediscovery professionals attend each year
• Lighthouse along with numerous other vendors held panel sessions outside the main conference
WHAT IS LEGALTECH?
EDI TAKEAWAYS QUESTIONS
• Updates to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, invalidation of EU-US Safe Harbor, technology changes, and proliferation of data sources are constant challenges.
• Analytics and things like Technology Assisted Review are acceptable and you don't need to disclose the kitchen sink.
• Gartner has said that by 2017, 33% of Fortune 100 organizations will have
experienced some kind of an information crisis due to the inability to ineffectively value, govern, and trust their enterprise data.*
• Collaboration is key, now more than ever!
• Business owners, IT, legal and the C-suite need to be communicating with each other to stay on top of changes impacting ediscovery