CITY OF KENT
invites applications for the position of:
Recruitment SpecialistSALARY: $4,109.00 - $5,002.00 Monthly $49,308.00 - $60,024.00 Annually OPENING DATE: 06/26/15 CLOSING DATE: 07/06/15 05:05 PM GENERAL PURPOSE:
**This is a full-time, non-represented position. You must attach a resume to your on-line application in order for your application to be considered complete. Incomplete applications will not continue in the selection process. Please note that you cannot attach documents to your application after it has been submitted. If you experience
technical difficulties, please contact our office at (253) 856-5270 and we will do our best to assist you.**
The selection process for this position will consist of the following (dates are tentative):
Written Exam- the exam is multiple choice and is limited to two (2)
hours. Areas of concentration include written communications, math and basic statistics knowledge, analytical ability, interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain accurate records. This exam is scheduled for July 13.
Interview- a structured, panel interview. Interviews are scheduled for July 22.
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, perform a variety of technical and clerical level duties in order to assist with the development, implementation, and coordination of the City’s recruitment programs.
The incumbent functions at the specialist level and provides assistance to higher level classifications. Work is characterized by paraprofessional, specialized and technical duties in planning, developing, researching, reporting and monitoring for compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations in support of
programs within the Recruitment Division. The incumbent is required to
topics. Incumbent may assist all divisions within the department, as needed. Work is performed under general supervision. Supervisor defines objectives, priorities, and deadlines; and assists incumbent with unusual situations, which do not have clear objectives or precedents. Incumbent plans and carries out assignments and handles problems and deviations in accordance with
instructions, policies, procedures and/or accepted practices. Work is evaluated for technical soundness and conformity to practice and policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Organize, coordinate and/or conduct interview panel training City-wide as assigned.
Assist with developing job announcements and ad placements. Review and monitor ads for accuracy.
Proctor written exams and skills assessments. Create offer letters and run reference checks
Proactively work with hiring managers to effectively follow their recruitment plans and to provide adequate documentation during the process.
Assist with Outreach recruiting efforts, interview workshops, and job fairs. Assist with screening applications based on given guidelines using the online applicant tracking system.
Assist the Department Director’s efforts to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and other requirements.
Assist with preparation and maintenance of recruitment related reports, files, schedules, and scoring packets.
Assist the Benefits division, the Labor, Classification and Compensation division and the Risk Management divisions with assignments and projects as assigned. Collect and compile data.
Provide back-up to the Administrative Assistant III.
Update and maintain the Recruitment team’s presence on CitySpace, including ensuing all pages and links are up to date.
Actively support the vision, mission, values, and behavior statements of the department and the City.
Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: KNOWLEDGE OF:
Knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and programs of human resources
Knowledge of human resources applications related to recruitment and onboarding
Knowledge of statistics and evaluation techniques Knowledge of research projects and methods
Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment including personal computers and related software such as word processing and
Software evaluation and implementation as it applies to area of responsibility
Effectively using interpersonal skills in a tactful, patient, and courteous manner
Using research and analytical methods, practices, and procedures to compile information, define and resolve issues, and analyze data to determine potential issues and recommend solutions
Interpreting and applying federal, state, and local laws and regulations as applicable
Effectively organizing and expressing ideas both orally and in writing
Add value to the recruitment team through awareness and understanding of talent acquisition trends and market knowledge
Review and analyze candidate materials while applying consistent standards
Plan, prioritize, and organize work to meet schedules and timelines Work independently and make decisions under broad guidelines
Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others
Work confidentially with discretion Perform effectively as a team member
Respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, regulatory agencies, or the public
Compose, proofread, and edit general correspondence, and routine reports
Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Education:
High school diploma, or equivalent, supplemented by two (2) years of college level course work or training in Human Resources, or a related field.
Two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in human resources disciplines
In place of the above requirement, the incumbent may possess any combination of relevant education and experience which would demonstrate the individual's knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Recruitment Specialist Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. I understand that in order for my application to receive every consideration in the selection process, I must complete the following supplemental questionnaire for this position. The information I provide will be reviewed and used to determine whether or not I am among the best qualified applicants selected to move forward in the selection process. Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, false statements, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process. If the supplemental question is not applicable, please indicate N/A. I have read and understand the above instructions regarding supplemental questions.
* 2. Are you related to a current city of Kent employee? Please note that, per City policy, employees of the Human Resources department may not be related to other city of Kent employees.
Yes, I am related to current City employees No, I am not related to current City employees
* 3. Are you certified as a human resources/capital professional (PHR, SPHR or other)? Yes, I have one or more of those certifications
No, I am not certified in any of those areas
I have certifications other than those noted above
4. If you answered that you had other certifications, please list those certifications. * 5. Do you have at least two (2) years of work experience in human resources?
Yes, I have at least two (2) years of human resources experience No, I do not have two (2) years of human resources experience
* 6. Please check any/ all of the areas within human resources where you have at least 6 months of documented experience:
Recruiting Labor Relations
Benefits/ Benefits Administration Employee Relations
Organizational Development Administration/ Support Other
* 7. Please describe your experience with recruitment and/or talent acquisition software. Provide the name of the software, how you used it, and approximate years of experience. Type 'N/A' if you do not have experience in this area.
* 8. Describe how you have used social media to advertise and/or source candidates.
* 9. Which of the following areas of recruitment do you have experience (check all that apply). Be sure that your application, not just your resume, clearly demonstrates this experience:
Formulating recruitment strategy with a hiring authority/supervisor Creating Job Requisitions
Screening Applications Proctoring Exams
Providing Feedback (both verbally and in writing) to Unsuccessful Candidates Reference Checking
Scheduling and Logistics- exams, skills tests, interviews Writing Offer Letters