Short film Festival
Piccolo Teatro Patafisico presents the 9th Edition of SorsiCorti Short Film Festival. Our mission is giving visibility to the work of filmmakers from all over the world and offering to our audience a careful selection of quality short films. SorsiCorti Festival will take place in Palermo in May from 12 to 17, 2015.
1. The videomakers may choose to participate in the Festival preferably through the loading of the video on the site http://festival.movibeta.com and the compilation of the entry form on the site www.sorsicorti.it directly online or sending two copies only in PAL format DVD with the registration form by traditional mail. The video makers should also send two photos of the film and a photo of the director to the e-mail email@example.com in digital formats. Jpg or. Tif at 300dpi, which is authorized and free publication, both for the catalog that for promotional purposes in print. The deadline for entries is 02.03.2015 (attested by the postmark). Failure to provide any of the above data imply the exclusion of short films from the Festival;
2. Registration and participation in the Festival are free;
3. From this year will be able to contribute also to the following category theme:
Free short films: short films on any subject in the following categories: Fiction (maximum 20 minutes), Documentary (maximum 30 minutes), Animation (maximum 20 minutes), Video Art (maximum 20 minutes),
made after the 01/01/2011;
The vision of himself through and beyond the screen: short films
(maximum 30 minutes) and feature films (minimum 31 minutes);
DegustiCinema: short films (maximum 30 minutes) and feature films
(minimum 31 minutes) that depict the wine and the symbolic imagery that revolves around it. The submitted works will become part of "The Wine Film Library DegustiCinema ". The archived material can be used for screenings at film events related to the food and wine industry tied to the Festival SorsiCorti;
4. Can participate in the contest works of any nationality, if only subtitled or dubbed in Italian;
5. Short films and feature films that are submitted must be the original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
any copyright infringements committed by him or by his short film;
6. The submission of material is the responsibility of the participants. The address to which to send the material is: Rossella Pizzuto, via Siracusa 35-90141 Palermo.
7. Each author may submit one work per category. Entries must be postmarked by March 2, 2015;
8. Unless otherwise agreed, the short films coming from outside the European Union must be sent by courier service with the words "No commercial value. Only for cultural purposes". The Festival will not accept films shipped with Customs costs at its own charge. Any DVDs shipped with Customs costs at the Festival's charge will be rejected and automatically returned to their senders. 9. The selection of the films in competition will be curated by the organizers,
whose decision is final.
10. SorsiCorti Festival is not responsible for damage or loss of material during the submission of the same by post and during the course of the event;
11. The material (DVD's, etc.) received for the selection will not be returned. These works will be exhibited in a strictly cultural and/or educational and non profit;
12. There is no reimbursement from the organizers;
13. Under italian law 196/2003 the personal data of the authors will be processed only for purposes of the organization of the festival;
14. The organizers reserve the right to suspend or modify the event if necessary; 15. A special jury will award the best short film for each section and an absolute
winner. To the winners which will receive a prize consisting of a plate and any other prizes offered by the Jury and the Organization of the Festival.
16. The jury reserves the right not to award prizes in the absence of significant works. The judges' decision is final;
17. Participation in the competition implies unconditional acceptance of this regulation. The Direction of SorsiCorti can take any decision on issues which are not listed above. For any case which is not listed above, the decisions taken by the organization are applied.
Palermo November 24, 2014
Country of Origin
Place and Date of Birth
Biography and filmography
How did you hear about the Festival
I agree to proceeding of the personal data and authorize the use of my short film for any free screenings in schools, clubs, etc. Date Signature
I authorize any publications of my short film on web site www.sorsicorti.it (by You Tube platform). Date Signature