CITY OF SAN ANTONIO
invites applications for the position of:
CoordinatorSALARY: $21.91 - $32.87 Hourly $45,573.32 - $68,359.98 Annually OPENING DATE: 07/06/15 CLOSING DATE: 07/27/15 11:59 PM Grant Funded: No
Work Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday; on call duties will be required
Under general direction, is responsible for performing supervisory and administrative work overseeing a functioning communications hub that meets the routine and emergency
communication requirements for airport police, operations, security and maintenance. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Coordinates and supervises the Operations Control Center (OCC) staff during routine and emergency situations; including the use of communications equipment, computer aided dispatch (CAD), alarm monitoring, closed-circuit television (CCTV) operations, fire alarm systems, alert notification systems, and the terminal paging system.
Supervises the OCC staff in all customer service duties to include: telephone information system and terminal paging system.
Maintains all OCC equipment.
Oversees all OCC administrative duties to include staff schedule, attendance/time keeping, routine and emergency operating procedures, corrective actions, and staff evaluations.
Maintains staff training records, radio call and response statistics.
Interviews, selects, supervises, develops, evaluates, counsels, and if necessary, disciplines personnel according to established policies.
Works with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), other federal and local law enforcement agencies, airport tenants and stakeholders to ensure a secure environment.
Directly supports the Airport Security Program and assists in the compliance with TSA Regulation 1542.
Develops, implements, and evaluates training programs for assigned personnel.
Researches and implements, as approved, emerging technology to upgrade or enhance security.
Maintains Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) required training.
Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in communications or public safety with at least one (1) year supervisory or managerial experience with a law enforcement agency, airport security agency or public safety agency.
Valid Texas Driver's License.
Must be able to satisfactorily complete requirements for TCLEOSE Telecommunicator Certificate and TCIC/NCIC, Full Access within six (6) months of hire.
Must maintain federally mandated security clearance required to work at an airport at all times.
Applicants for this position must pass TSA security background checks to include Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and Security Threat Assessment (STA).
Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS
requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions, an Open Arrest for Any
Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and Family Violence Convictions.
Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of rules and regulations for operation of communications center.
Knowledge of Federal, State, local laws, ordinances, and regulations related to public safety communications systems, technologies and Transportation Security Administration TSR 1520, 1540, 1542, and 1544.
Knowledge of airport emergency operations, methods, procedures and practices to include: radio system operation, telephone techniques, public relations, using teletype for deaf telephone.
Knowledge of administrative and personnel supervisory practices.
Skill in analyzing potential problems or deviations from communications procedures and dispatch standards and take appropriate corrective action.
Skill in the proficient operation of personal computers, associated software, communications systems, access control and CCTV systems.
Ability to recognize unacceptable airport security conditions and take appropriate action to ensure the security of airport, air carriers and commercial operators.
Ability to supervise, train and evaluate assigned staff.
Ability to prepare accurate, concise and detailed reports.
Ability to hear clearly and assist irate citizens with tactfulness.
• Substitution Ratio: City employees are allowed to substitute two years of related experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience. Effective July 9, 2010, external applicants must meet the minimum requirements of the job without substitution; • APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH THE CITY OF SAN ANTONIO IN THIS POSITION MUST RECEIVE SATISFACTORY RESULTS FROM PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING, REFERENCES, BACKGROUND CHECKS AND CREDENTIAL VERIFICATION. ADDITIONALLY, SINCE THIS IS A SENSITIVE POSITION, SELECTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLY WITH THE TEXAS LAW ENFORCEMENT TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM ACCESS POLICY, AND YOU ARE SUBJECT TO INTERVAL CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS IN ACCORDANCE WITH TITLE 49 CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
Human Resources Department
San Antonio, TX 78205
Airport Communications Coordinator Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Are you a current regular full time City of San Antonio employee? Yes
* 2. What best describes your level of education? High School diploma or GED
30 completed semester hours 60 completed semester hours Associate's degree
90 completed semester hours 120 completed semester hours Bachelor's Degree
PhD, JD, or other Post Graduate Degree
* 3. How many years of increasingly responsible experience do you have in communications or public safety?
Less than one year 1 year 2 years 3 years 4 years 5 years 6 years 7 years 8 years 9 years 10 years 11 years +
I do not have experience in communications or public safety.
* 4. Do you have at least one (1) year of verifiable supervisory or managerial experience with a law enforcement agency, airport security agency or public safety agency?
* 5. Do you have a valid Driver's License? Yes
* 6. Do you have a current TCOLE Telecommunicator certificate? Yes
* 7. I understand that I must meet the minimum requirements established by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement for Telecommunicators.
* 8. Are you a United States Citizen? Yes
* 9. Have you ever been adjudicated for a crime involving family violence? Yes
* 10. Have you ever been issued a discharge from the United States Armed Services that is less than Honorable or which makes you ineligible to reenlist?
* 11. Are you a TCOLE Instructor? Yes
* 12. Select any of the following equipment you have experience working with: Communications equipment
Computer aided dispatch (CAD) Alarm monitoring
Closed-circuit television (CCTV) operations Fire alarm systems
Alert notification systems Terminal paging system None of the above
* 13. Select any of the following administrative duties you have experience with: Staff schedules
Routine and emergency operating procedures Corrective actions
staff evaluations Interviewing Counseling Discipline
None of the above
* 14. I understand that I must maintain federally mandated security clearance required to work at an airport at all times.
* 15. I understand that applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A & B
Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and Family Violence Convictions
* 16. Please describe your experience working in a call center/dispatching environment and why you are the best candidate for this position.