How we shine
At SunTrust Mortgage, we’ve helped millions of
clients realize their dream of homeownership,
an accomplishment we take great pride in.
How have we consistently achieved such
an impressive record of success?
By hiring client-focused mortgage professionals
who recognize the importance of intimately
understanding their clients’ needs and crafting
solutions that make moving day a reality.
By creating a team-oriented work environment in
which every teammate is committed to delivering
impeccable service and a memorable client experience.
By providing dedicated employees, our most valuable
asset, with the resources and rewards to grow,
flourish and succeed in business and in life.
“How can we help you shine” is more than a
tag line; it’s our unparalleled commitment
to both clients and teammates.
Why SunTrust Mortgage
We’re committed to
providing our teammates
with an environment
that fosters success.
Our mortgage professionals
are not only the face of our
company, but the heart of each
client connection. We trust in
them to own and nurture client
relationships, now and in the
Benefit from the support and
backing of an efficient service
team. Our commitment to closing
on time is an unwavering priority.
Powerful marketing tools
State-of-the-art lead generation
programs, prospecting tools
and personalized websites help
generate new opportunities
with prospective clients
and business partners.
In addition to traditional
offerings, we pride ourselves on
exclusive portfolio products that
give our mortgage professionals
a competitive edge in the
Teamwork and accountability
With a culture of mutual
work closely together to achieve
excellence in execution and client
delight. We excel as one team.
We listen to our employees; they
are the voice of our company
and the heart of our success.
Our senior management
actively solicits feedback and
ideas from team members
through numerous forums.
Financial strength and stability
The financial resources and
backing of a stable world-class
banking organization allow
our teammates to focus their
efforts where they belong—
meeting client needs.
Our company actively supports
the communities we serve
and strongly encourages
volunteerism through Shine On,
a corporate program inspiring
and social responsibility.
Career growth and advancement
Our people are our most
important asset and our first
priority is investing in them. We
offer an exceptional training
curriculum and top performers
enjoy exciting potential for
Our goal is to hire and retain
the best talent in the industry.
Our employees prosper from
an outstanding compensation
plan that recognizes and
rewards sales excellence.
We firmly believe that
when we work together
and pool our individual
strengths, we shine as one.
We recognize that distinctive
referral segments require
focus and specialization. For
this reason, we’ve established
skilled business development
and support teams for four
unique sources of business.
Real estate agents are the heart
of our referral network. With over
63,000 agents in our footprint,
we have aligned a skilled team to
support these strategic alliances
and provide helpful marketing
support. We go the extra mile to
support the success of our referral
partners, because their success
is our success. From numerous
marketing agreements with major
real estate companies to simple
desk rentals, we provide
co-branded sales materials, signage,
and the tools needed to support
our preferred lender relationships.
We’ve created a suite of
innovative construction products
providing greater leverage
in developing home builder
relationships. With exclusive
solutions and end-loan builder
rate-saver options, plus a
dedicated operational and
business development support
structure, SunTrust Mortgage is
positioned to be a major player
in this market.
With affluent consumers
comprising a significant home
buying segment in addition to a
significant number of SunTrust
Bank clients, we have tailored
several mortgage solutions
to meet their needs. From
an industry-leading doctor’s
mortgage to selective jumbo
products, we can address the
unique lending needs of affluent
and wealthy homebuyers with
a competitive advantage.
As part of a $170 billion dollar
bank serving four million retail
and commercial clients in the
Mid-Atlantic and Southeast,
SunTrust Mortgage serves
one of the most productive
referral pipelines in the country.
Recognized in the industry for
inspiring client loyalty through
exceptional service, SunTrust
bankers focus on uncovering
client needs by developing
long-term, trusted relationships.
And if a mortgage need arises,
our bankers warmly introduce
our loan officers to their clients
to help them understand options
that fit their personal goals for
Products & Programs
SunTrust Mortgage is a full-service
lender, proudly offering a wide range
of financing solutions tailored to our
clients’ needs and circumstances.
• Conventional mortgages for conforming
• Fixed and adjustable rate mortgages1
• Government mortgage programs such as
FHA, VA and Rural Development
• State Housing Authority/Bond programs
(subject to state availability)
• Portfolio Affordable program
• Traditional and portfolio jumbo financing
including Jumbo Solution Second
• Doctor Loan Program2
with higher loan
limits and no private mortgage insurance
for doctors and dentists
custom home building and renovations
• Builder Rate Saver, and extended lock
program for select ARM1
the home construction process
1 Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) products have interest rates that may increase after consummation.
2 Available only in AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV, DC and select counties in PA to licensed Residents, Interns, Fellows in MD and DO programs and licensed Physicians and Dentists (MD, DO, DDS, DMD) who have completed their residency within last ten years. Doctors with over ten years post residency need to be members of SunTrust Private Wealth Management (PWM) or belong to a practice that is part of PWM to be eligible for this product.
3 SunTrust Permanent Financing is only available in AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, PA, SC, TN, VA, WV and DC through Construction-Permanent Certified Retail Loan Officers. CP loans in AR and MS must be originated through the Memphis, TN mortgage office.
Continuity Loyalty Program
The Continuity Loyalty Program
is a relationship-building direct
marketing and lead generation
program. This dynamic marketing
tool keeps you front and center with
your existing clients, referral sources
and prospects to help capture future
Professionally designed mortgage newsletters are sent to clients and prospects quarterly. Client newsletters are provided at no expense to loan offi cers.
E-Cards and Postcards:
In addition to sending all new clients and prospects a warm thank-you card, a variety of additional announcements and seasonal messages are emailed throughout the year.
Self-Service Direct Marketing:
Quickly send targeted emails and postcards to clients, prospects or referral sources, promoting SunTrust Mortgage products, programs and special events. Corporate Direct Marketing: Targeted, direct marketing campaigns to existing SunTrust Mortgage clients may include direct mail, email notices and statement messages.
Marketing Tools & Platforms
You’ll have access to some of the
most innovative marketing tools
and programs around, all backed
by industry-leading service and the
strength of the SunTrust brand. Our
Marketing team directly supports
the Mortgage line of business with
a full suite of marketing tools,
including all of the resources needed
to successfully build client and
Loan Offi cer Websites:
SunTrust Mortgage will develop and maintain your personal website, which includes customizable content and the ability to choose from different navigation menu options.
Open House Flyer System:
Create co-branded property listing fl yers with side-by-side fi nancing scenarios. Free electronic delivery.
Promote yourself and build your business quickly and easily with personalized marketing materials that you generate on your own schedule. Options for free electronic delivery.
FedEx Offi ce Signs:
Choose from a variety of interior and exterior signs and personalize with your contact information.
Print and Online Advertisements:
You make the media buy/ad placement with your local publication and Marketing will provide you with a print-
ready PDF of your ad to submit to the publication. Online advertisements are designed to increase traffi c to your personal SunTrust Mortgage website. provide you with a print-
SunTrust believes that the value of
work is more than a paycheck. It’s
about benefits and programs that
promote your physical and financial
well-being. It’s the environment
we create as a working community,
and the things we do to help you
maintain balance and control in your
life outside work.
Our comprehensive benefits plan
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• An employee assistance program,
including dependent care resources and
other referral services
• Life insurance, business travel accident
insurance and group universal
• Long-term disability benefits
• Long-term care insurance
• Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
for dependent care and health care
reimbursement and a Health
Reimbursement Account for incentives
Additionally, SunTrust helps you plan
for a secure future.
Planning for a secure retirement is a
cornerstone of your long-term financial
well-being. The SunTrust 401(k) Plan is
funded by your contributions and SunTrust
contributions, and offers a choice of
• Save from 1% to 50% of pay in pre-tax or
• Matching contributions: If you contribute
to the 401(k) Plan, SunTrust matches
your contributions $1 for $1 up to 6%
of your pay.
• Annual special contribution: SunTrust
intends to make a special contribution
to every teammate’s 401(k) account
following the end of each plan year,
between 0% and 4% of your eligible
compensation with 2% as the target.
Even if you are not enrolled in the 401(k)
Plan, SunTrust will open an account and
make the contribution on your behalf.
Shine On is our call to action as well
as the name of our volunteerism
and corporate social responsibility
program. Designed to inspire
teammates to think about their
personal passions and interests
around volunteering, Shine On also
provides the opportunity for sharing
financial well-being resource tools
with their favorite charity.
As a company, SunTrust Mortgage:
• Has proudly supported the United Way
campaign since 1995
• Has participated in the American Cancer
Society’s Making Strides Against Breast
Cancer Walk since 2003
• Has supported the Central Virginia
Food Bank since 2004
• Is a long-standing corporate sponsor
of First Book, a national non-profit
organization that gives children from
low-income families the opportunity
to read and own their first new books
For our teammates, we provide:
• 16 hours of paid time off to volunteer
in your community
• The opportunity to participate and be
recognized in the Presidential Service
• An easy way to learn about volunteer
opportunities in your area through the
Shine On portal
• A simple way to log your volunteer and
board service hours online
SunTrust MortgageCommitment to Success
• Direct responsibility for
management of client relationships
• Outstanding service and fulfillment teams including company-funded sales support
• Robust mortgage product suite including exclusive portfolio products
• Positive, open interaction with senior management including a CEO advisory board and sales excellence forums
• Mortgage-focused technical, marketing and human resource support teams
• Innovative sales training programs for development of advanced skill sets
• Dedicated builder and realtor leadership teams supporting expansion of strategic alliances
• Productive referral pipeline from major national bank with 1500+ branches
Lead Generation Sources
• Sales platform that houses leads from multiple sources
• Credit, payoff and pre-mover triggers
• Home Value Finder
• Mortgage calculators
• Rate Watch
• Online pre-qualifications
• Online applications
• Proprietary Multiple Listing Service
• Client surveys
• Direct marketing
• Advertising & paid search
Powerful Marketing Tools
• Bank-funded client continuity loyalty program to maximize customer retention and repeat sales
• Custom Creator platform for on-demand development of customized marketing collateral
• Automated Open House Flyer System for the creation of customized, co-branded listing flyers
• Self-Service Direct Marketing Tool with expansive template library for LO-originated emails and postcards
• Proactive direct marketing programs to drive new business opportunities to LOs
• Personalized monthly economic forecasts
• Homebuyer Privileges website with valuable retail discounts and savings for clients
• ABAs, desk rentals and marketing agreements
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive compensation plans
• SunTrust University comprehensive training programs
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
• Matching 401(k) contributions
• Physical and financial well-being education programs
• SunPerks employee discounts and savings
• Client-centric streamlined origination model
• Free personalized websites for LOs (24/7 virtual office)
• Online applications with 1003 re-population feature
• Electronic document delivery
• Website links to business partners
• Advanced market analytics and support tools
Strong Parent Bank
• Subsidiary of SunTrust Bank, a $170+ billion institution operating in Southeast and Mid-Atlantic states, with more than 1,500 bank branches and 2,800 ATMs
• Reliable support from SunTrust Bank as key funding source
• Well-respected and nationally recognized brand
• Two-way referral network anchoring dynamic and successful corporate cross-sales strategy
• Industry leader in community support and involvement
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and
apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at 615.391.8480 or by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the
online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
Right opportunity? Right person?
Shine with us.
SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. and its affi liates are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classifi cation protected by applicable laws. SunTrust supports a diverse workforce, including through its Affi rmative Action Programs. SunTrust intends to ensure a safe and productive work environment consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, including through drug testing as a condition of employment. This brochure is not an offer of employment or a contract and does not impose any contractual obligations on SunTrust.
Equal Housing Lender. SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. - NMLS #2915, 901 Semmes Avenue, Richmond, VA 23224, toll free 1-800-634-7928. CA: licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act, IL: Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee, MA: Mortgage Lender license #-ML-2915, NH: licensed by the New Hampshire Banking Department, NJ: Mortgage Banker License - New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance, and RI: Rhode Island Licensed Lender. ©2014 SunTrust Banks, Inc. SunTrust and SunTrust Mortgage are federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc. How can we help you shine? is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.