Module DPD Magento
30-11-2014 Business Development Manager
Dragos Buzea 30-11-2014 Support Specialist Alexandru Martin 15-01-2016 – update Support Specialist Alexandru Martin 03-02-2016 – revised,
new font and logo
DPD’s Delivery Service ... 3
Integration with Magento CE ... 3
Recommendations:... 3 Installation ... 4 Configuration ... 4 Shipping settings ... 4 PREDICT Service ... 5 Sender settings ... 6
COD configuration (Cash on delivery) ... 7
Configurating the Taxation Chart ... 8
Processing orders ... 9
General aspects ... 9
Self-validation of the postal code ... 10
Creating the delivery ... 12
Printing documents ... 14
Tracking the order ... 15
Processing without communication with DPD ... 16
Cost VS Value ... 16
Using the Front-end extension ... 17
Common issues ... 17
DPD’s Delivery Service
Integration with Magento CE
The DPD extension allows a flexible way of processing and managing delivery costs by integrating with the company’s core systems. The steps needed are detailed in the following paragraphs.
The main features of the extension are:
● Defining the flexible pricing, using the tool chart
● Parcels sent management
● Automatic correction for the postal code
● Auto-complete the postal code front-end section on the customer registration
● Printing the shipping labels for both normal and cash on delivery expeditions
● Tracking deliveries
● Communication with the DPD service
● Generating and printing tally-sheets and delivery labels
● Profit report, depending on the delivery method
● Delivery status
● The PREDICT service
● The Debug method
● The extension is compatible with Magento Community Edition 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x,
1.9.x and Magento Enterprise 1.14.x
● According to the Magento recommendations, we recommend creating a backup of
the database and files, before any new installation
● Optimum use of the extension requires the installation of the PHP mbstring
● The minimum PHP version is 5.3
● Also, PHP SOAP needs to be installed
● It is mandatory that the products have a defined weight, as DPD charges based on
weight. If the weight of the product is not mentioned, then the DPD method will not be available on checkout.
The extension can be installed using the Magento connect section or manually, using the archive.
1. Extracting the module files in the Magento folder
2. Magento Compilation must be disabled from: System/Tools/Compilation 3. The structure of the file includes:
4. Clearing Magento’s cache: System/Cache manager/Flush Magento Cache
5. Press Log Out and re-log using the Admin user
6. If the installation is completed, the ‘‘DPD Delivery“ menu should now be available and you can move on to setting up the module.
To set up the extension, follow the steps bellow (accessible from the DPD Delivery menu)
● Shipping settings
● Sender settings
● Payment settings, if a payment method is requested
● Filling the Tool Chart, to define how customers are charged.
Setting up the shipping methods can be set up in: System/Configuration/ Shipping methods The following fields will be filled in, in the DPD GeoPost section:
● Activ/Enabled: To activate or deactivate the payment method
● Correct/automatically completes the postal code: Yes, to activate the correction
precisely identify the postal code, based on the address filled in by the customer (country, region, street/address), then the site administrator will have to manually validate the postal code (chosing from a list of possible postal codes) before processing the shipment (press the Livreaza/Ship from the command interface).
● Selecteaza Tara/DPD Country Select: To select the country where the DPD
contract is signed
● Modul Productie/Production Module: To activate the testing extension – select
● Debug Mode: YES/NO
● Titlul metodei de livrare/Method Title: Title of the extension
● Numele metodei de livrare/Method Name: The name of the shipping method that
will be visible in checkout.
● Utilizator DPD/Web Service Username: It is the user name provided by DPD to
connect to the web service
● Parola DPD/Web Service Password
● Web Service Connection Timeout: Time, in seconds, in which the application is
waiting for a request made towards the DPD web service
● Id-ul adresei de expeditie/Sender‘s Address Id: Obtained at the signing of the
● Id-ul platitorului/Payer‘s Id: Obtained at the signing of the contract
● Serviciu/Service: The type of delivery service available in the contract
● Service PREDICT: It’s an additional service and it is available only if it’s active in the
contract, along side with the product. For Romania Produsul DPD B2C + PREDICT is active.
You can view the picture in Annex 1.1
Attention!!! Activate only the delivery services available in the DPD contract, to eliminate the unnecessary data processing (calls towards the DPD’s API).
It is the pre-checking service of the recipient, through SMS or email, on scheduling the delivery that is to be made towards him. The range is within the margin of 3-4 hours for the day of the delivery – range coverage available for Zone 0.
DPD Magento module offers, upon its activation, aid in verifying some problems that could appear in the DPD module.
The debug folder should be in the default system folder (if the settings are modified). Everything is reported to the project’s root:
- Magento - var/log/zitec_dpd.log
In this step you will set up the name and address of the sender, used to communicate with the DPD service.
These settings can be found in: System / Configuration / Sales / Shipment Settings / DPD
GeoPost / Adresa de ridicare a coletelor
The filled in fields of this sections are: Name
Aditional Name Street
ZipCode Country Telephone Adress email
COD (Cash on delivery) configuration
This feature allows customers of the Magento store to pay to pay for the order on delivery.The delivery method will have its own associated fee (that can be defined by the store’s administrator) and will be active in the checkout only if DPD delivery method was chosen previously.
To view these settings, access System / Configuration / Payment Method / Plata la livrare
prin DPD - COD or you can visualize a print screen in Annex 1.2.
Caution: The charge details in this section (payment type and value payment type) will be used only if there won’t be any rules selected, from the toll chart for the delivery system. Available settings for the delivery method:
● Activ/Enabled: The method of payment is acivated/deactivated in any context for the
selected website ● Titlu/Title
● Nume taxa/Method Name: Number visible in the checkout
● Statusul noii comenzi/New oreder status: The status of a new order placed using the DPD payment method
● Serviciu/Service: Select the delivery service for the active payment method ● Tip plata/Payment Type: generally, the chosen option will be Cash
● Tip valoare plata/Payment amount type: Chose the type of charge applied for the method of payment, in case they are not defined any entries in the taxation chart. The type of the charged can be a predefined amount or a percentage of the value of the package. If there are any entries in the taxation chart for a certain DPD delivery service, then the value set in System / Configuration will not be used.
● Valoare plata/Payment amount: Depending on the value selected in the previous field, the value of the Payment Amount will be used as a percentage or a predefined amount.
Metoda de plata activa pentru tarile/Payment from Applicable Countries
Configurating the Charging Table
The charging table represents particular configurations for each delivery service that allows the store administrators to control the shipping costs more accurately.
Thus, using the shippig chart can define a large variation of charging rules, depending on:
● the recipient’s postal code
● country of destination
● region of destination
● the store that the order is placed on
● the weight / destination ratio
● the price / destination ratio
With the help of the aforementioned conditions, we can define special prices for deliveries and pricing:
● payment of a fixed amount
● added percentage of the value of the delivery, as seen by DPD
● adding an exact value over the value of the delivery, as seen by DPD
● equivalent payment to cash on delivery - free
● equivalent payment to cash on delivery – exact amount
● equivalent payment to cash on delivery - the sum of the percentage values of all
More details on Annex 1.3
In this section it is possible importing from a CSV file containing many rules. You can generate a template of a CSV file by pressing the export button. After editing the CSV file, based on your needs, you can upload the file and run the import. The Shipping price column from the CSV file respects the following convention:
● it will add the # character after a numeric value, to define a fixed price
● it will add the % character after a numeric value, to define the added percentage from
the response received from the DPD service
● it will add the + character to define the fixed priced added after the response received
from the DPD service
The filled fields in the Charging Table are:
● Tara dest./Country: The country for which the taxation rule is applied
● Regiunea/Statul dest./Dest Region/State: The state/region for which the taxation rule is applied
● Cod postal dest./Destination Zip/Postal Code: The postal code which the taxation rule is applied. It will be left blank and * will be set, for any postal code.l
● Serviciu/Service: Type of DPD delivery service
● Conditie/Condition: Represents the particular condition imposed by the rule : the ratio weight / destination or price / destination
● Greutate (si mai mare) /Weight (and above): This occurs if the selected condition is weight. It will be filled in with the weight in Kg from which the rule applies
● Pret (si mai mare)/Price (and above): This occurs if the condition is price vs destination. The price filled in will be the one for which the delivery rule applies
● Activeaza Metoda Livrare/Enable Shipping Method
● Calcularea pretului de livrare/Shipping Price Calculation: Type of calculation of the delivery method. It can be a fixed amount or a fixed percentage.
● Pret livrare/Shipping Price
● Adaos valoare procentuala la valoarea DPD/Shipping Percentage ● Adaos valoare fixa la valoare DPD/Add fixed amount to price
● Taxa plata la livrare/Cash On Delivery Surcharge Calculation: Represents the type of charge for the cash on delivery method. It can be a fixed amount, zero or a percentage of the order’s value.
● Taxa valoare fixa pentru Plata la livrare/Fixed tax value for cash on delivery ● Taxa minima CDO (plata la livrare)/Minimum COD Surcharge
In the process of delivering orders from the Magenta interface, the following actions will be available:
● Manual verification of the postal code or using a a postal code automatically identified for the user’s address
● Dividing the products in packages
● Adding description for boxes
● The price shown by the Magento extension in Front-end is without TVA (the magento
extension takes into consideration the option from the Magento admin: System ->
Configuration -> Tax -> Calculation Settings -> Shipping Prices).
● Obtaining a delivery price report, if the used pricing is fixed or filled
● Calculating the final price, after the boxes were divided or other administrative
changes (address or orders).
● Creating a tally-sheet
● Generating the tally-sheet labels in PDF format
Self-validation of the postal code
The need to process the deliveries as efficient as possible, implies using the postal codes in the DPD delivery system. The Magendo extension comes in the support of the online shop administrators, by implementing an automatic validation of the postal code for the customer’s complete address. The delivery extension allows the validation of the postal code from the address, automatically (in the moment of communication with the service – when the order is placed) but also offers some notifications if the postal code could not have been properly setup. If the postal code could not be generated with a satisfying precision, the extension will notify the site administrator (in the order visualization interface or the order visualization) the fact that an automatically generated postal code was used for generating the delivery fee, but he will be prompted to manually validate it, before shipping the package.
Looking up the postal code is done by selecting one of the suggestions found in the DPD database, for the address already filled in by the customer or updated by the site administrator.
Once the shipping address is edited, all the notifications vanish, and the postal code is considered valid. From this point on the processing of the order can continue.
Creating the delivery
You can view below a new command that has the “DPD Pending Cash On Delivery” status. This status signals that this order has been made using a DPD delivery and payment method.
In the order visualisation interface you can see the payment details. It can be noted that the method of payment implies a specific tax for cash on delivery, that also affects the order total, that will be billed.
In the delivery processing interface (press the Livreaza/Ship button) you can choose the number of boxes in which the delivery is done, but also if it will communicate with DPD for obtaining the updated price.
By pressing the Submit Shipment button, a new window will pop-up, for package management and recalculating the final shipping price.
It can be seen in the picture above that the price our customer has paid for the delivery is 10RON (fixed pricing in checkout was chosen as the toll), and the real price (calculated through API) is 15.13RON.
Before adding the DPD delivery system and obtaining a tracking number, you can add comments for each package (default being the product code).
After generating the shipping in the DPD system, the administrator will get a message similar to the one illustrated bellow and can monitor the shipping in real time, by clicking the the link : Urmareste comanda (Follow the order).
Printing the labels is available from both the visualization of the order and from Sales/ Shipments.
The buttons for printing the labels, generating and printing tally-sheets can be found in the delivery list, for simultaneous shippings.
Printing the delivery lables means generating a PDF file that will contain a page for each shipping ticked on the list. Each page will contain, of course, a label for each package.
The manifest is a mandatory document that will be requested by the DPD agent when the packages are picked up. The manifest must contain the deliveries for the entire day, and must be printed out in two copies.
The manifest will generate a PDF file that will integrate the deliveries selected by ticking. We recommend filtering the delivery lists by day (Sales / Shipments), then pressing the“Select the visible” button, followed by generating the document in the Actions section.
Also, each delivery section can be chosen at a time, to obtain more information. Exemples of these documents can be found in Annex 1.4
Tracking the parcel/shipment
Upon placing the delivery, in the order and shipping visualization interface or on the customer’s account, there is an available tracking link that opens a new window with more information regarding the actual delivery, but also a link towards the DPD system, with the exact location of the package.
This window is also available for the customers in the online shop, in the “Comenzile mele/ My orders section.
Processing without communication with DPD
As shown above, in the administrative section you can also process orders without communicating with the DPD service, that shows the exact shipping price. You may need this option in certain situations. For example, if the DPD system is unavailable.
Cost VS Value
Navigating in the DPD deliveries / Cost VS Value Report can be viewed and exported in CSV format, in a more detailed report of prices payed by the customers and the prices payed towards DPD, with the option to filter them by date and time.
Using the Front-end extension
Once the extension is installed and configured as previously mentioned, the DPD payment method will be available in checkout, similar to any other delivery.
If some addresses are invalid (for example addresses that DPD does not ship), the method of delivery will not be available.
In addition, the DPD delivery method can activate a method of payment on delivery, that unlike other payment methods, can charge the customer extra, depending on the shop administrator’s settings.
1. PHP SOAP is not active on the server 2. The PVP version is under 5.3
3. The DPD delivery services activated in the System / Configuration / Shipping methods section are not available in the DPD contract
Updating the validator for postal codes
You can update the valid postal codes by importing the CSV file shown on the DPD site, in the installed extension DPD_ZITEC.
It can be downloaded form http://www.dpd.com/ro/home/e_commerce
The last version is coduri_postale.csv
Click on the Postcode update manager for locate the import section.
Select the downloaded file from dpd.ro and press the import button.
The update was successful.
For more information, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org The application is free.
To modify the extension, DPD Romania is not responsible for its errors. The DPD extension works under standard requirements of its platform, any modification brought to the platform can lead to odd behavior / module failure.