2 There’s More to Sterling
About Us Our Culture and Values Our Customers and Clients Our Products
Don’t Take Our Word For It
5 7 9 11 13 15
Founded on a true entrepreneurial spirit.
Sterling Insurance Group Limited is a UK insurance group that operates across a number of different market sectors and offers a diverse range of products and services. Our business partners range from high street brokers to the UK’s leading retail banks and fi nancial institutions. Established by Nicholas Cooper in 1999, the Group has enjoyed impressive growth to become one of the most successful independent insurers in the country.
Our success has been achieved by our client focused philosophy and our commitment to developing and marketing a wide range of bespoke products.
6 There’s More to Sterling
At Sterling, we’re about working hard, working smart and providing unparalleled service to our business partners and customers.
We have four key values at the heart of our business operations:
1. Our passion for excellence delivers outstanding customer experience.
2. We provide market leading support to our business partners. 3. Our people are our greatest strength.
4. Exceptional effort and commitment by our people is at the heart of our culture.
Sterling has a strong professional ethos, with over 80% of our personal and commercial lines staff holding a CII qualifi cation. We are committed to raising professional standards across the industry and our Sterling Training Academy runs an annual technical training program for our staff and clients alike.
A focus on corporate responsibility fl ows throughout our business from the way we operate in our marketplace, treat our people, support our local communities and minimise our impact on the environment.
Sterling strives to put our customers at the heart of everything that we do, evidenced by our mission statement which is to ‘work hard, word smart and provide unparalled service to our business partners and customers’.
Our clients range from high street retail banks to provincial brokers and across the business, we work hard to forge meaningful and long term relationships with these partners.
Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) goes to the core of our organisation and we work in a number of ways to ensure we adhere to this in all that we do; by offering a range of market leading products and by ensuring we listen to both clients and customers at every stage in the insurance product cycle.
Our stated aim is to deliver complete customer and client satisfaction and nowhere is this more important than with our claims handling. We employ exceptional staff and our claims handling process is designed to pay genuine claims accurately and effi ciently.
10 There’s More to Sterling
Sterling underwrites and administers a range of life and general insurance products. We operate across a number of different market sectors and offer a diverse range of products to suit different distribution channels and different target markets.
Our Products include:
• Household Insurance – Sterling is one of the UK’s leading specialist insurers and has insured higher value homes for over 50 years. We offer specialist, market leading household insurances for Mid and High Net Worth Clients.
• Commercial Insurance – We are committed to providing our business partners with superior commercial insurance products, designed to meet the needs of owners and managers of modern companies within the traditional and emerging business sectors. • Protection Products – Sterling continues to support customers
with a range of short-term income protection products ensuring they have security in place, should they suffer a fi nancial shock. • GAP – We offer bespoke solutions to suit a wide range of
Guaranteed Asset Protection product requirements. Our fl exibility enables us to deliver a tailored service to our clients and deliver innovative solutions.
• Simple Health – We specialise in marketing simple health products on behalf of our partner affi nities, the core features and benefi ts of the products are easily explained and eligibility requirements are quite simple enabling the product to be integrated into an existing product or service.
• Life Insurance – Sterling is recognised as a leading niche term life insurer. Our short form application process and guaranteed acceptance provides customers with instant, affordable life cover.
Sterling offer a range of specialist services based on our technical sector knowledge and are now recognised as market leaders, in our chosen fi elds. Our Services include:
• Sterling Administration Services – We can provide fl exible, scalable and cost effective administration solutions to suit every business model – from underwriters to distributers.
• One Service Solutions – A Claims management service, to help companies exceed expectations throughout the claims experience whilst managing claims costs and controlling leakage
• Affi nity Marketing – We are able to offer our simple health products on a white label basis and support this process through a range of marketing channels including Retail, Email, Online, Telemarketing and Direct Mail. • Corporate Partnerships – Through Corporate Partnerships, Sterling are able to offer Mid and High Net Worth household product facilities to some of Britain’s highest profi le brands, with an underwriter manned operations centre.
• Web Based Sales Solutions – Sterling offer clients expert e-commerce sales solutions which can be launched quickly to market, fully branded and compliant.
• Yellowtag - Yellowtag is an innovative online and SMS enabled service that protects products worldwide and reunites lost items with owners, without divulging personal details. It is an ideal service to enhance and differentiate product propositions and increase customer loyalty.
• Sterling Technologies – Sterling Technologies is a leading supplier of software and E-commerce solutions for the insurance and fi nancial services industry. These solutions are in everyday use across call centres, high street branches, back offi ce administration centres and direct to customer e–Commerce sites.
14 There’s More to Sterling
Here is what our customers, clients and staff have to say about their experience with Sterling.
“Sterling is a fantastic company to work for and I, along with many others, am looking forward to many more years at Sterling.”
“The greatest compliment for me is when clients recognise the level or service they receive from us which means that we are complimented as a company.”
“I have the privilege of working with a very talented pool of people with a diverse range of skills. The focus is always on getting the best result for the Business. The positive attitude and professional approach presented to these customers along with the desire to deliver for them has cemented very strong working relationships, and long may it continue”
Our Clients and Customers
“It’s very uncommon these days to have a Development Manager that actually has the experience & knowledge needed to help us develop, but its not just that; he has an empathy and understanding of our issues, although small in the great scheme of things, they are important to us and he always seeks to help.”
“It was recommended that I use Sterling to put forward a quote and what a recommendation it was. The young lady in question’s manner, timekeeping, professionalism and brilliant quote has made me want to come back to you with more and more quotes!”
The Sterling Insurance Group includes:
Sterling Insurance Company Limited.
Commercial and Personal Lines General Insurance Products.
Sterling Life Limited.
Sterling Administration Services Limited.
Third-party creditor claims administrator.
A leading supplier of software and e-commerce solutions to the insurance and financial services industry.
Sterling Insurance Group Limited, a private company, limited by shares incorporated in England number 02966506. Sterling Life Limited, a private company limited by shares incorporated in England number 911235.
Sterling Insurance Company Limited, a private company limited by shares incorporated in England number 498605. Sterling Administration Services Limited, a private company, limited by shares incorporated in England number 04302905. The registered office of all the above is at 50 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4JX.
Sterling Insurance Company Limited and Sterling Life Limited are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.