The Business Gold credit card from Swedbank includes travel
insurance from QBE Insurance (Europe) Limited Estonia Branch,
which belongs to the QBE Insurance Group.
QBE Insurance Group is one of the leading international
insur-ance and reinsurinsur-ance groups in the world which is listed on
the Australian stock exchange and operates in 45 countries
all over the world.
Credit card holders are covered by travel
insurance if their Business Gold credit
card is valid and active on the fi rst
day of travel.
Insurance cover is valid all over
the world, except for the
per-manent country of residence
of the credit card holder.
Travel insurance is valid
during the card holder’s
stay abroad and up to 90
days from the start of travel.
the General Travel Insurance Terms and Conditions of Swedbank Business Gold Credit Card No.002, which are the basis of Your insurance contract.
QBE Insurance (Europe) Limited Estonia Branch in the event of a loss.
Tel.: (+372) 667 1411 (Mon to Fri 08:00-17:00) (+372) 800 8000 (24 h)
Sõpruse pst 145, B Block, 13417 Tallinn
Maximum indemnities per insured person:
Medical care insurance in the total amount of: 400 000 EEK (25 560 EUR) Accident and sudden illness
- Emergency medical care in the case of an accident - Emergency medical care in the case of sudden illness - Medication prescribed by a doctor (medication prescribed by a doctor seen during the travel)
- Hospitalisation expenses (up to 30 days)
- Transport expenses of an injured person (including the expenses of an accompanying person if necessary) - Funeral or cremation expenses abroad
Emergency dental care (up to 2 teeth) 1 565 EEK (100 EUR) Medical aids (crutches, glasses, etc.) 1 565 EEK (100 EUR) Sudden complications related to pregnancy (up to 28 weeks) 20 345 EEK (1 300 EUR) Luggage insurance
Theft of luggage 30 000 EEK (1 920EUR)
Breakage or loss of luggage by fault of transport company 30 000 EEK (1 920 EUR) Damage to luggage caused by an accident or forces of nature 30 000 EEK (1 920 EUR) Delay of luggage for more than 4 h 15 000 EEK (960 EUR) Delay of luggage for more than 24 h 30 000 EEK (1 920 EUR) Travel interruption insurance
Cancellation or interruption of travel 30 000 EEK (1 920 EUR)
Late arrival for travel 30 000 EEK (1 920 EUR)
Fee for changing fl ight tickets 1 565 EEK (100 EUR)
termS and conditionS no. 002 of travel
inSurance by Swedbank buSineSS Gold
pleaSe note that thiS iS a tranSlation. in caSe of diSpute the termS and conditionS in eStonian are valid.
1. General termS
The Insurer shall be Estonian subsidiary of QBE Insurance (Europe) Limited (registry code 11392150) located at Sõpruse pst 145, 13417 Tallinn, Estonia, who has the right to be engaged in insurance activities pursuant to the procedure prescribed by law.
1.2 inSurer’S authorized Support Service
Insurer’s authorized support service QBE Atlasz (hereinafter the Support Service) is an international organization of medical care authorized by the Insurer to organize medical care pursuant to the procedure prescribed by these Insurance Terms.
The Policyholder shall be Swedbank AS (registry code 10060701) located at Liivalaia 8, 15040 Tallinn, Estonia, who has entered into the insurance contract with the Insurer pursuant to these Terms and who shall have the liability to pay insurance premiums.
The Insured shall be a natural person whom the Policyholder has granted the use of Swedbank Business Gold Credit Card (hereinafter the Card) on the basis of the account owner’s application, and whose name has been noted on the Card. The insurance cover shall extend to the Insured whose Card shall become valid and active on the first day of the trip.
1.5 inSurance contract
The Insurance Contract (hereinafter the Contract) shall be a written agreement entered into by the Insurer and the Policyholder on the basis of these Terms and effective legislation pursuant to which the Policyholder shall pay the insurance premium specified in the contract and the Insurer shall guarantee the insurance cover prescribed by these Terms, and perform the obligations arising from the Contract according to the Terms of the Contract.
1.6 inSurance cover and validity of the contract
The insurance cover shall consist of medical insurance, luggage insurance and travel failure insurance. The insurance cover shall extend to the Insured in accordance with the validity of the Card. The insurance cover shall become effective upon the issuance of the Card and shall end on the last day of the month noted on the Card at 24:00. Should the Card be closed during its validity , and cause the termination of the agreement of use of the Card, the validity of the insurance cover for the Insured shall end as well.
The insurance cover shall be effective if the maximum duration of one trip does not exceed 90 calendar days.
1.7 inSurance cover validity area
Insurance cover validity area shall be the whole world, excluding the Insured’s country of permanent residence. As an exception, the country of residence shall be regarded as the insurance cover validity area in case the trip is cancelled or in case the delayed
participation in the trip has been caused by an Insurance Event that has taken place in the country of residence.
1.8 Sum inSured
In these Terms the Sum Insured is a sum of money that in case of an Insurance Event shall be the marginal rate of the sum of paid services provided to the Insured and of the expenses to be indemnified for the Insured which in case of an Insurance Event shall be indemnified by the the Insurer up to the marginal rate of the sum of indemnification resulting from these Terms applied upon different Insurance Events.
1.9 inSurance event
According to these Terms, an Insurance Event shall be an unexpected and unpredictable event that has arisen during the insurance cover validity as a consequence of which the Insured or the Policyholder has the right to receive an insurance indemnity and the Insurer shall pay an insurance indemnity.
1.10 Marginal rate of sum of indemnification
The marginal rate of indemnification shall not decrease by the sum already paid as an insurance indemnity.
In the event of death, the Beneficiary (Beneficiaries) is (are) the closest relative(s) of the Insured unless otherwise provided by law.
1.12 Insurance certificate
The Insurance Certificate is a document issued by the Insurer which shall set out the information regarding the contact details of the Insurer and the Support Service authorized by the Insurer. The Insured is recommended to carry the Insurance Certificate with them while travelling.
In case of loss of the Insurance Certificate, the Insured shall turn to the nearest Swedbank branch in order to receive a new one.
2. medical inSurance
2.1 inSurance cover validity
2.1.1 Medical insurance event
According to these Terms, the Insurance Event shall be an accident or unexpected illness outside the country of permanent residence.
The following shall be regarded as an accident: • unexpected bodily injury caused by an external force;
• infectious diseases infected with through a wound caused by an accident; • incidental acute poisonings caused by poisonous plants, chemical substances
(industrial or domestic chemical substances), tainted food products (excluding gastrointestinal infections, like dysentery) or medicines;
• heat stroke, sunstroke, freezing, drowning;
• injury caused by a sudden movement independent on the Insured’s will occurred during the trip and medically treated within 7 days from the rise of the injury at the latest.
An unexpected illness means any unexpected deterioration of the state of the Insured’s health first symptoms of which have arisen during the trip and for the treatment of which the Insured needs emergency medical aid.
2.1.4 Medical costs
• the Sum Insured in case of an accident and unexpected illness shall be 400 000 EEK (EUR 25 560);
• expenses on hospital treatment up to 30 days, if the prescription for a medical examination or treatment of illness, or upon injury has been made by a physician licensed and registered in the relevant country;
• unexpected complications related to pregnancy that become evident for the first time before the 28th week of pregnancy shall be indemnified for up to 20 345 EEK (EUR 1 300);
• expenses on medicines bought on the basis of a prescription by a doctor; • emergency dental aid and/or local anaesthetics up to 2 teeth 1 565 EEK (100
EUR per tooth);
• In case of need caused by an accident the acquisition costs of medical aids (inc. crutches and glasses) shall be indemnified for up to 1 565 EEK (EUR 100). 2.1.5 Costs of transportation and repatriation
In case the Insured’s state of health calls for the Insured’s returning to the country of their permanent residence, the Support Service shall organize their transport (together with an accompanying person, if necessary).
Upon the Insured’s death, the Insurer shall organize and indemnify for the transport of the deceased to the country of their permanent residence, or burial or cremation costs of the deceased (excluding funeral banquet costs) abroad.
The Insurer shall, if necessary, indemnify for additional expenses for return transport in a situation in which the Insured cannot use the existing return tickets to a country of permanent residence as a result of the Insurance Event.
Only the Support Service doctors are entitled to decide whether the repatriation is possible and necessary, and how this should take place. If the Insurer’s authorized Support Service doctors consider the repatriation possible, but the Insured refuses to do it, the Insurer shall not indemnify for the caused damage, i.e. shall not pay either for the out-patient treatment or hospital treatment, neither shall the Insurer cover subsequent costs incurred upon repatriation.
2.2 caSeS when the inSurance cover iS not valid
The Insurer shall be released from the obligations set forth by the Insurance Terms if the following circumstances become evident:
• trips undertaken with the purpose of receiving medical treatment;
• illnesses that have started before the trip, and ilnesses that have not been cured by the first day of the trip and are contraindications for a trip abroad from the medical point of view;
• diseases that required in-patient hospital treatment during the last 6 months before the trip;
• costs related to chronic diseases, excluding measures to save the Insured’s life; • costs related to mental disorders, including depression;
• costs related to pregnancy or childbirth, complications and consequences thereof (excluding unexpected complications related to pregnancy that become evident for the first time before the 28th week of pregnancy shall be indemnified for up to 20 345 EEK (EUR 1 300);
• costs related to abortion and consequences thereof, except in cases when the abortion was urgently needed as a result of an accident or an unexpected illness;
• costs related to in vitro fertilization, the treatment of infertility or prevention of pregnancy;
• sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS;
• hydrotherapy, heliotherapy, cosmetic therapy and plastic surgery; • vaccination;
• expenses on prosthetics, on acquisition of prostheses or orthopaedic appliances, as well as expenses on acquisition of hearing aids, etc.;
• expenses on seeing aids (glasses, frames of glasses, contact lenses, etc.) excluding cases they are needed as a result of an accident;
• stomatologic treatment, except emergency dental care 1 565EEK (EUR 100) per tooth (2 teeth total );
• expenses on medical treatment and care that are not inescapable or have not been caused by an Insurance Event;
• traumas that have been caused by a disease (paralysis, cramps, mental and memory disorders, etc.);
• use of treatment methods not accepted by official medicine; • any influence of radiation sources;
• consequences of alcoholism or state of intoxication (alcohol content in blood exceeds the norms of respective country –‰), and also the consequences of use of narcotic or toxic substances;
• deliberate acts of the Insured and consequences thereof, including a suicide or an attempted suicide;
• costs related to bets and consequences thereof;
• costs related to the consequences of offences, fights or consequences thereof, excluding cases of self-defence;
• *accidents that are caused by practising the following amateur sports: motor sport (car, motorbike or any other mechanical vehicle), all fields of aerosports, alpinism, mountaineering, all fields or martial arts, speleology, underwater swimming;
• accidents that are related to professional practising of sports (including participation in contests, performances and trainings;
• events that have occurred upon the violation of travel terms established by the travel agency;
• war with a foreign country or a civil war, rebellion, riots, acts of terrorism, acts of diversion, strikes or explosions;
• consequences of epidemics, pollution of nature and natural disasters that were know before going on a trip and in the countries against which the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Estonia has warned.
• Insurance company shall not be liable for damage due to defective or incompetent medical treatment that has been caused by a service provider or a service provider’s partner.
3. luGGaGe inSurance
3.1 Luggage Insurance Sum Insured
3.1.1 The luggage insurance Sum Insured shall be 30 000 EEK (EUR 1 920). The Sum Insured shall be the marginal rate of the insurance indemnity paid by the Insurer.
3.2 inSurance cover validity
3.2.1 Insurance events of the luggage insurance shall be as follows: • theft or robbery of luggage;
• damage to or loss of luggage due to the fault of the transport company; • damage to luggage or its destruction in connection with an accident; • damage to luggage or its destruction caused by elemental force; • delay of luggage.
3.2.2 Principles of indemnification for a luggage damage and marginal rates of indemnification
• The Insurer shall indemnify the Insured for the direct material damage to the luggage and personal belongings which the Insured had with them during the trip;
• The Insurer shall indemnify for the damage of luggage lost due to the fault of the air transport company to the extent not indemnified by the airline;
• With regard to photo cameras, video cameras, mobile phones, laptops and travel documents the obligation to indemnify is valid only in case these are under the direct supervision of the Insured or in a guarded luggage room. The above-mentioned items are not insured if these are located in the luggage room of an airplane, bus, train or ship;
• In determining the sum of an indemnity, the evaluation of damages shall be which are based on the value of luggage as of the occurrence of an Insurance Event, but not exceeding 30 000 EEK (EUR 1 920);
• The Insurer shall indemnify for the costs of obtaining new documents instead of the passport or personal identity card (in case of occurrance of an Insurance Event that has taken place in a European Union country), driver’s licence or technical passport stolen from the Insured or lost certified with a statement and the original invoice up to well-grounded expenses. This indemnity shall belong to the luggage insurance Sum Insured;
• If the luggage is delayed, the Insurer shall indemnify for the purchase costs of utility articles that are unavoidably necessary during the trip and are related to the intended purpose of the trip (incl. necessary clothes, footwear) on the basis of expense receipts, if due to the fault of the transport company, the luggage is delayed to the destination in a foreign country more than 4 hours, but not exceeding 15 000 EEK (EUR 960);
• * If the luggage is delayed, the Insurer shall indemnify for the purchase costs of utility articles that are unavoidably necessary during the trip and are related to the intended purpose of the trip (incl. necessary clothes, footwear) on the basis of expense receipts, if due to the fault of the transport company, the luggage is delayed to the destination in a foreign country more than 24 hours, but not exceeding 30 000 EEK (EUR 1920);
• The Insurer shall indemnify for the damage of luggage lost due to the fault of the air transport company to the extent not indemnified by the airline.
3.3 luGGaGe inSurance iS not valid
The luggage insurance shall not extend to the following items: • handicrafts;
• musical instruments, pieces of art and antiquities; • animals, furs;
• means of transport, boats and other vehicles, bicycles, skis; • glasses, sunglasses and contact lenses;
• hearing aids, false teeth and organs;
• tickets, keys, cash or means of payment replacing it (bank debit or credit card, coupon for using a service, ski slope ticket, etc.), securities, precious stones and metals, jewellery, collections, seals, credit cards, weapons and documents (excluding passport, driver’s licence and technical passport of a vehicle); • property that has been shipped as a merchandise or has been shipped before
the beginning of the trip;
• software (computer and technical equipment); • items the taking of which on a trip is unusual;
• items for the insurance of which there are other kinds of insurance. • An indemnification shall not be paid, if the damage has been caused by: • leaving the luggage or personal belongings without supervision, losing or leaving
the luggage or personal belongings;
• customary use, wear, scratch, tear of the luggage or personal belongings and the natural qualities thereof;
• wilful activity, negligence or state of intoxication of the Insured; • smearing or corrosive substances in the luggage;
• breakage of fragile items (items of ceramics, glass, porcelain, etc.); • activities of authorities;
• theft from an unlocked or unguarded room or other room; • theft of luggage left in a vehicle from 22.00 p.m. to- 6.00 a.m.;
• theft of luggage from a passenger compartment of a car or a trailer covered with tarp (without a solid cover);
• theft when the Insured travelling by a motor vehicle does not take the luggage from the vehicle to the place of accommodation.
• war with a foreign country or civil war, revolts, public unrests, acts of terrorism, diversion, strikes.
The insurance does not cover: • intangible damages;
• damages to a third person caused by the Insured;
• cases caused by the violation of the travel agency’s travel terms;
• events caused by dangerous sports (mountaineering and spelepology trips, mountaineering, car and motor sports and diving) and participation in related trainings;
• if the Insured provides false data on an Insurance Event; • delay of luggage upon the Insured’s repatriation;
• events caused by radiation directly or indirectly classified as ionizing according to the law, or events caused by nuclear energy;
• events directly or indirectly related to a war, civil war, battle, revolt, riot, public unrest or strike;
• damage indemnified in the framework of other insurance, e.g. the transport operator’s liability insurance;
• damage to items excluded from keeping in a guarded luggage.
4. travel failure
4.1 travel failure Sum inSured
The Sum Insured in case of the cancellation, curtailment of the trip, or delayed participation in the trip shall be 30 000 EEK (EUR 1 920).
4.2 validity of travel failure inSurance
4.2.1 Cancellation or curtailment of the trip
Upon the cancellation of the trip, the Insurer shall indemnify the Insured for the direct material damage up to 30 000 EEK (EUR 1 920) if the damage was caused by the cancellation of the trip.
Upon the curtailment of the trip, the Insurer shall indemnify the Insured for inevitable travel and accommodation expenses up to 30 000 EEK (EUR 1 920). The following events shall be regarded as Insurance Events:
• sudden catching an illness, accident or death of the Insured;
• death, perilous situation, serious illness or bodily injury of the spouse (including actual spouse, cohabitee, partner), children, sisters, brothers or parents of the Insured .
A serious illness or bodily injury shall mean medically certified damages to health due to which the Insured was not able to go on the trip.
4.2.2 Delayed participation in the trip
Within the limits of the Sum Insured, the Insurer shall indemnify for the additional costs in connection with the delayed participation in the trip or the transit flight caused by the following:
• delay or cancellation of the regular flight, boat or train connection (excluding hydrofoils) ;
• unexpected serious damage to the Insured’s property before the beginning of the trip due to which the presence of the Insured is inevitably necessary (breaking in the place of residence, fire, water accident, natural disaster, etc.);
• the car that is used for driving to the starting or transit point of the trip becomes involved in a traffic accident;
• the delay or cancellation of a means of transport was caused by the weather conditions or a technical breakdown;
• the cheapest possibility to get to the destination was used upon changing the tickets;
• if due to the delayed arrival at the starting point of the trip, the Insured misses the trip, the Insurer shall pay for the actual cost of the missed trip (considering the marginal rate of the sum specified in the insurance policy per each insured). 4.2.3 Change of the flight ticket (valid only in case of business flights).
The Insurer shall indemnify the Insured for the ticket changing costs up to 1 565 EEK (100 EUR).
The Insurer shall indemnify for the price rise of the new ticket up to 10% of the initial cost of the flight ticket.
The following events are considered Insurance Events:
• Changing of the flight ticket due to unexpected and unforeseeable changes in the timetable, the changing has been done before the check-in.
• The insured’s trip abroad extends due to an unexpected and unforeseeable reason.
All the listed Insurance Events (in clause 4.2.3) and incurred expenses shall be certified by documents (e.g. letter, e-mail, fax).
4.3 travel failure inSurance cover iS not valid
The indemnification shall not be paid in the following cases:
• under the circumstances set out in clauses 2.2, if these occur in the country of permanent residence or in the destination of the trip (including intermediate landings) under the said circumstances
The Insurer shall not indemnify for
• moral damage, revenue not received, spent time, indirect expenses; • expenses that have been indemnified by the transport company which is liable
for the delay or cancellation of the trip;
• damage caused by a wrongful behaviour of the Insured (including delays) which the Insured could have avoided by taking into consideration the circumstances they were aware of or should have been aware of (travel itinerary, weather conditions, traffic conditions, etc.);
• violation of traffic regulations, unauthorized intervention in the driver’s activity; • if the events set out in clauses 2.2 occur due to the fault or carelessness of the
• damage caused upon using air transport, if the interval between the arrival to the starting or transit point of the trip and the departure from there by plane did not correspond to the minimum time foreseen by the tour operator.
• war with a foreign country or civil war, revolts, public unrests, acts of terrorism, diversion, strikes.
5. claimS for indemnification
5.1 activitieS of the inSured in caSe of loSS event
5.1.1 In order to get help in case of an accident or unexpected illness, the Insured is obliged to immediately contact, in person or through their representative, the Insurer or the authorized support service of the Insurer by calling one of the numbers set out below:
eStonian SubSidiary of Qbe inSurance (europe) limited: +372 667 1411, or information telephone: +372 800 8000
e-mail: travel@ee.Qbe.com Qbe atlaSz (24 h): +361 460 1500
The Insured shall guarantee the Support Service doctors an access to the necessary medical information concerning the Insured. After returning to the country of permanent residence the Insured shall inform the Insurer in writing of all the Insurance Events at the earliest possibility. If due to any extraordinary circumstances the Insured is not able to send the Support Service a notice beforehand, and therefore has to cover the treatment costs to be indemnified pursuant to the given terms themselves, the Insured shall send a written application within 15 days after arriving from the trip on the occurred events at the Insurer’s address provided in the Insurance Certificate: Estonian subsidiary of QBE Insurance (Europe) Limited Sõpruse pst 145, 13417 Tallinn, Estonia.
Copies from the documents certifying the expenses of the Insured, the copy from the medical certificate and/or the certificate of a law enforcement agency and the
identity card must be added to the application.
5.1.2 Activities of the Insured in case of luggage insurance
In order to apply for indemnification, the following documents are requested: • in case of theft or robbery of luggage, a registered police statement / court
judgement (in English, Russian or Estonian, if possible);
• invoice received upon the purchase of an item (in its absence the Insurer shall determine the amount of loss on the basis of the average price of analogical items on the Estonian market);
• other documents requested for the submission of a claim;
• in case of technical goods, an export authorization approved by the customs (except when the trip was made to the states of the European Union). If it is necessary for the submission of a claim, the Insurer shall indemnify the Insured for the translation of a foreign statement into the Estonian language within in the limits of 700 EEK (EUR 45) (on the basis of the original invoice).
5.1.3 Activities of the Insured in case of a travel failure insurance event • The Insured shall take all measures in order to avoid arising of damage or
increase of damage;
• Upon delay or cancellation of means of transport, the Insured shall contact the responsible official of the transport company in order to obtain the relevant certificate (in English, Russian or Estonian, if possible).
In order to receive an indemnity, the Insured shall submit the Insurer an application, the transport company certificate confirming the delayed trip, and the documents proving the additional expenses incurred.
Upon indemnification, the basis shall be in whose interest the expense has been made, not who incurred the expense. If the damage and expenses arising from a travel failure that cannot be related to a particular Insured, it shall be considered that each traveller’s share in the common expenses is equal. The Insurer shall not have the obligation to indemnify the contractual penalties arising from the contracts entered into by the traveller and the tour operator.
5.1.4 The Insured shall be indemnified for reasonable and urgent expenses on means of communication up to 300 EEK (EUR 20) incurred in connection with the Insurance Event.
5.2 inSurer’S activitieS in caSe of a loSS event
The Insurer shall pay the compensation within 30 days after the receipt of all requested documents.
If the Insurer ungroundedly delays the payment of the indemnification, the Insurer shall pay a fine for delay in the amount of 0,1% of the indemnification sum per day, but not more than 50% of the sum to be paid.
The Insurer shall not be liable for a delay or hindrance in the performance of his obligations pursuant to the contract due to strikes, explosions, riots, public unrests, restriction of freedom to move, diversions, acts of terrorism, war with a foreign country or civil war, consequences of radioactive pollution, as well as due to other unforeseeable and extraordinary circumstances.
The Insurer shall indemnify the Insured only for these expenses of emergency medical aid provided outside the borders of the country of permanent residence regarding which the Insured is not entitled to receive any indemnification from other persons (e.g. motor third party liability insurance).
6. other proviSionS
6.1 riGht of recourSe
6.1.1 All the rights of the Insured to claim any indemnification from third persons for the caused damage shall be transferred to the Insurer in the amount of the insurance indemnities paid and services provided to the Insured.
6.1.2 The Insurer shall keep the right to claim the return of the paid indemnity, should circumstances become evident which in accordance with these Terms exempt the Insurer from the obligation to provide medical care and indemnify for expenses. In such a case, within 14 days after such a circumstance becomes evident the Insured shall indemnify the Insurer the expenses already indemnified by the Insurer and the paid indemnity, as well as the expenses made for the clarification of the circumstances of the Insurance Event. If the Insured or the recipient of the indemnity delays with the repayment, they shall pay a fine for delay in the amount of 0,1% per day, but not more than 10% of the sum to be returned. 6.1.3 If the Insurer is not able to use the right referred to in clause 6.1.2 due to the fault of the Insured, the Insurer may either partially or fully waive the provision of services and the obligations of indemnification.
6.1.4 If the Insured suppresses facts or gives false statements, fails to mention something or is imprecise informing of the Insurance Event, if they cheat or cover
up the circumstances which caused the Insurance Event or consequences thereof, fail to inform of the Insurance Event pursuant to these Terms, the Insured shall lose the right on the services provided and the insurance indemnities paid by the Insurer
6.2 Settlement of diSputeS
6.2.1 The Policyholder may file a complaint against the activities of the Insurer to the Financial Supervision Authority.
6.2.2 In case of circumstances not regulated by the contract, the effective legislation shall serve as a basis.
6.2.3 Disputes between the parties shall be settled by negotiations. If no agreement is reached, the disputes shall be settled at the local court of the Insured.
6.3 confidentiality reQuirement
6.3.1 The Insurer shall maintain the confidentiality of the information received about the financial situation and business activities of the Policyholder and the Insured. 6.3.2 The Insurer shall maintain the confidentiality of the delicate information about the Insured received by processing their personal data.
6.3.3 The Insurer may forward the information received about the Policyholder and the Insured only to the reinsurance companies; persons and organizations who render assistance to the Insurer in the handling of insurance events; to authorized law enforcement authorities in the cases provided by legislation.