RELIABLE BEYOND LIMITS
ABC COMPRESSORSSince its foundation in 1943, ABC has focused on providing
the most reliable compressors for different sectors and applications. Its global orientation and the commitment for growth was shown from its early exports in the 50’s to its latest geographical expansion, having delivered compressors in more than 120 countries.
Becoming a worldwide benchmark in the piston compressor industry has always been ABC’s goal, and today it has turned into reality. The company is continuously expanding and consolidating as a global solution supplier, with more robust and efficient compressors. New assembly plants in China and Brazil, and the endless opening of new service outlets worldwide are the best proof of such growth.
ABC offers a wide range of reciprocating compressors and provides tailored solutions covering air and numerous industrial gases.
OTHER APPLICATIONSA I R A N D G A S C O M P R E S S O R S
ABC HEADQUARTERS SPAIN
EIBAR ABC CHINAWUJIANG ABC BRAZILITUPEVA
Air, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Methane, Carbon dioxide, Freon, Natural Gas, Vinyl chloride, Methyl chloride, Ethylene, Propylene, Sulphur dioxide, Butadiene, Isobutene, Isobutane, Butane, Propane, Carbon monoxide, Synthesis gas, Biogas and Syngas... except for Oxygen and Acetylene.
Piston compressors with up to 3 pairs of double-acting cylinders, with or without lubrication. Up to 6 stages of compression, mounted on a structural steel skid.
Up to 1.200 kW
Up to 150 bar CONFIGURATION
ABC Headquarters, Eibar 100% testing ensures no surprises
· Market leader in kWh/Nm3
· Lowest total cost of ownership.
· Total guarantee and efficiency in
extremely demanding conditions.
· Maximum part durability.
EASY TO INSTALL
· Quick start up and mobility.
· No vibration isolation required.
· Reduced installation space.
· Training on site.
· Up to 5 years of guarantee.
· 24 hours x 365 days of operation.
· Service starting from 8.000 hours.
· Minimum vibration and noise.
· Design with up to six horizontally-opposed cylinders. · Low linear piston speed.
· Low operating forces, minimizing wear and tear on structural elements.
· Integral factory test with all peripherical equipment.
· Isothermic cycle adjustment through correct cylinder and cooling combination.
· Large valve outlet opening surface area.
· Double acting cylinder construction, minimising air loss and maximising wearable part life.
· Compressor packaged construction on a single skid with electrical, pneumatic, vent connections... factory prepared. · Minimal water, electrical, vent connections.
ABC has been a pioneering supplier of compressor packages for food and beverage industry with high pressure solutions for PET blowing and CO2 recovery systems. Since early 1980s ABC has installed more than 2.500 compressor packages in 110 countries, in cooperation with converters, bottlers and engineering companies.
ABC installations are supported world-wide by more than 100 field technicians, located strategically to assure quick response and local spare part availability.
· Designed to run in demanding conditions: continuous operation, high temperatures, high altitudes…
· Coolers adapted to demanding conditions.
· Low discharge temperatures, ensuring long life for valves, packings, rings and other elements subject to wear and tear.
· Motors (IP55) and cabinets (minimum IP54) protected from environmental incidents.
H O R I Z O N TA L C O N F I G U R AT I O N W I T H O P P O S I N G C Y L I N D E R S
BALANCE OF FORCE AND TORQUE
270º 90º 180º
Primary force Secondary force Result
up to 860 m3/h
ABC compressor construction starts with a robust frame and sump, providing generous pressurized lubrication to all crankshaft and rod bearings, and ending with double friction bearings on the drive side.
Cylinders are horizontally opposed, with crankpins displaced by 180º, cancelling out the inertia loads and virtually eliminating all vibration.
· The useful life of mechanical parts is significantly lengthened because they do not transmit excessive force or produce fatigue on structural parts of the compressor, ensuring stability of the pipes. · No anti-vibration or special foundations are required, only
2 kg/cm2 soil loading.
· Compressor and all peripheral components are mounted on a single skid to form a complete self-contained, reliable air system.
C O M P L E T E C O M P R E S S O R P A C K A G E
Easy and safe mobility 100% inhouse machined parts
PET Compressor 3THA-3-LT up to 525 m3/h PET Compressor 3HA-4-TER-LT up to 1.443 m3/h The compressor package is supplied complete with compressor,
motor, electrical cabinet, air receiver, and refrigerated dryer, forming a compact but complete compressor system. CO2 compressor packages include bare compressor, motor and electric cabinet on skid ready to be integrated with the CO2 recovery plant.
· Electrical connections and cabling, pneumatics, refrigeration, etc, are all factory prepared.
· Centralised control of the entire ensemble from a single panel. · A single water input and output connection point.
· A single electricity supply.
· A single condensate removal point. · No high pressure air flexible pipes needed. · Integral testing, with peripherals, before shipment. · Possibility of transport by container without disassembly. · Quick, simple and safe start-up in the customer’s plant with
· Ample space between equipment for convenient maintenance.
· Complete package mobility, which provides easy relocation with minimal resources.
E N E R G Y S A V I N G
ABC Double Acting
The compressor is 10% more efficient than any other compressor on the market
Perfectly adapted, the ABC compressor provides 15% energy savings
Our four-stage reinjection process means a 50%saving in compression energy
application4HA-6-TRIS-LT up to 2.321 m3/h PET Compressor EFFICIENT DESIGN
With savings of up to 15% of real energy consumption, the ABC design gives optimum performance.
This energy savings guarantees the most competitive total operating cost (energy consumption + cost of the machine + maintenance), and has a significant impact on consumption, since energy costs are 80% of the total cost of the compressor throughout its useful life.
· Double-acting cylinders minimise leaks and premature wear and tear.
· With a wide range of double-acting cylinders, ABC is able to balance compression ratios, thereby improving efficiency and lowering energy consumption.
· Generous cooling between stages.
· Large stainless-steel valve outlet surfaces, reduces pressure drops.
· When unloaded, venting the intercoolers is not required, another way we increase efficiency and lower energy consumption. · Up to four-stage compression design optimises the compression
cycle facilitating the removal of the heat generated during the compression process.
· Adaptation of independent vents per stage, preventing leaks. · Large-capacity air receiver for more precise regulation,
extending the life of the valve unloaders.
· The soft starter is supplied on all ABC packages above 200 kW, and is optional for compressors of lower power. This eliminates inrush current, thereby avoiding costly “peak” charges.
· When coordinating systems with several compressors, ABC offers intelligent systems that make it possible to select and prioritise the start up of the compressors according to the demand for compressed air.
The ABC compressor can be furnished with optional energy saving systems which can be supplied with the compressor package, or retrofitted at a later date.
· Lower energy consumption · Without air leaks
· Lower temperatures in operation · Longer durability of parts · Better regulation
Room-air Reinjected air Cylinder Inter/aftercoolers Filter Blow-moulding air Receiver Dryer Filter 1st stage 2nd stage 3rd stage 4th stage REINJECTION IN FOUR STAGES
Reinjection system Frequency converter
COMPRESSION CYCLE P44 P34 P23 P13 P24 P14 P33 P2 P1 P1 P2 P3 P3 P Energy consumption ABC four stages
ABC three stages Standard three stages
up to 1.700 m3/h
ABC offers variable speed drives, VSD, which make it possible to reduce or eliminate the compressor valve unloading which uses energy without producing compressed air.
The balanced mechanical design of the ABC compressor permits it to operate at a slow rotational speed, while maintaining sufficient lubrication to all mechanical parts and control of the rotational inertia forces.
ABC takes full advantage of the variable frequency converter features, allowing a wide range of capacity control of up to 50% of the speed range.
When the customer opts for air recovery from the stretched blowing machine, ABC re-injects it inside the compressor with a subsequent energy saving. Additionally, thanks to four stages of compression, up to 50% of the energy required for compression is saved (re-injected into the 3rd stage), as opposed to the 33% saving achieved in the three-stage compression, where it is re-injected into the second stage.
F O U R - O R T H R E E - S TA G E C O M P R E S S I O N C. R. = Compression Ratio 4HP-4-LT up to 3.087 m3/h PET Compressor 3HP-4-LT up to 4.135 m3/h PET Compressor Four-stage compressors have the most superior technical
attributes; lower cylinder temperatures, less operating stress on structural elements, which immediately lengthens the useful life of valve, rings, gaskets, etc.
Depending on the location of the installation and the characteristics of the surroundings, the ABC compressor package is supplied in four- or three-stage configurations. The four-stage configuration is especially suitable for installation in the following circumstances:
· High altitudes where ambient inlet pressure is low and a high compression ratio is encountered.
· High room temperatures due to the ambient conditions of the plant installation.
· Very demanding work conditions, where the equipment is subjected to tougher-than-usual conditions.
· Installations in which longer time between maintenance cycles is required.
Final Pressure 42 bar
C.R.: 42 4-stages
Sea level: 1,013 bar
2.800m: 0,72 bar Atmospheric
C L O S E D C O O L I N G W AT E R S Y S T E M S 4HP-6-LT complete package
up to 6.004 m3/h
PET Compressor The 4HP-6-LT model, the largest in power and capacity of ABC, completes a cycle of market-adapted powers and products, becoming the largest reciprocating compressor of the PET market. 4HP-6-LT compressor, supplied with a 1.000kW motor, delivers 6.000m³/h flow, more than the 80% above other large alternative machines of the market.
For installations where cooling water isn’t available or is of poor quality, ABC offers a complete line of packaged closed cooling water systems.
· Water/water: Closed-type cooling towers.
· Water/air: Air-cooled radiators with no water consumption, including adiabatic types.
The control panel monitors and operates the cooling system according to the working requirements of the compressor. Cooling systems include all pumps, valves, instruments and receiver necessary to monitor and control the coolant required for the entire compressor package… all mounted on a compact skid.
D I R E C T C O U P L I N G
As an optional feature to standard belt driven transmission, ABC offers direct coupled compressors for the whole PET range (with gear box depending on the capacity).
Main bottlers and key players worldwide have already trusted on direct coupled ABC solution. This assures an additional 3% energy saving to ABC’s standard efficiency, already accepted as best one in the market.
4HA-6-TER-LT up to 1.700 m3/h Direct coupling PET Compressor 4HP-6-LT up to 6.004 m3/h Direct coupling PET Compressor 4HA-6-TRIS-LT up to 2.321 m3/h Direct coupling PET Compressor
ModEL STAGES CYLINdERSmm CAPACITY FAd* m3/h / cfm ABSoRBEd PoWER kW / HP IP55 SoFT START PLC + ToUCH SCREEN FREQUENCY CoNVERTER REINJECTIoN SYSTEM CoMPLETE PACKAGE CoNVERTER REGULATIoN UP To, % SET oN SKId** FooTPRINT m2
3THA-3-LT 3 250 315 186 51 70 m m m 59 m 9,6 175 416 245 68 92 85 525 310 87 118 4HA-4-TER-LT 4 310 613 722 860 362 426 507 96 115 142 130 156 193 m m m 49 m 12,2 185 125 75 3HA-4-LT 3 2x250 1.031 608 161 219 m m m 46 m 12,9 160 95 3HA-4-TER-LT 3 2x310 1.140 1.443 673 851 173 229 235 311 m m m 46 m 12,9 185 105 4HA-6-TER-LT 4 2x310 1.563 922 241 328 m 49 m 15,5 2x185 140 1.700 1.003 267 363 95 4HA-6-TRIS-LT 4 3x310 2.026 2.243 2.321 1.195 1.323 1.369 309 350 365 420 476 496 m 49 m 16,4 240 165 115 4HP-4-LT 4 580 2.650 2.907 3.087 1.564 1.715 1.821 394 437 469 535 594 637 m 62 m 31,9 370 230 145 3HP-4-LT 3 2x450 3.351 1.977 488 663 m 56 m 28,2 300 3.758 2.217 553 752 175 4.135 2.440 614 834 4HP-6-LT 4 2x580 5.400 3.186 786 1.068 m 62 m 46,7 2x370 265 6.004 3.542 889 1.208 175
P E T R A N G E
PERFECT BLOWN AIR QUALITY
Included m Optional
Calculated for 50Hz frequency * Sea level, 35ºC, 40 bar
** Complete package: compressor, motor, receiver, dryer and electric cabinet on skid, with interconnected elements from origin.
30 bar range also available and boosters adapted to client’s specific installation. Learn more through your sales contact.
The quality of the air exceeds the standard based on ISO 8573-1:
· Oils: Class 0 · Particles: Class 0 · Humidity: Class 4
· Lubrication-free cylinders guarantee 100% total absence of oil.
· Filtration system at the dryer outlet is standard, removing solid particles.
ABC‘s CO2 compressor range is prepared to compress saturated CO2 guaranteeing the maximum robustness and reliability: · Horizontal opposed cylinders.
· 2 compression stages. · Double acting cylinders. · Water cooled.
ABC cooperates with engineering companies responsible for designing and implementing CO2 recovery systems, being also in direct contact with breweries and other end users.
ABC’s compressors are customized according to the project requirements, delivering complete units (bare compressor, motor and electric cabinet, everything on skid) or bare compressors to be packaged by the engineering company responsible for the turn-key recovery system.
ABC compressors are prepared for continuous 8000 hours work without any spare part replacement, allowing the highest machine availability.
Moreover, with the horizontal arrangement of the cylinders, there is no need for special elevation tools or cranes during regular maintenance jobs.
LONG SERVICE CYCLE
Thanks to its horizontal arrangement with opposed double acting cylinders, together with big flow area valves operating much below their nominal characteristics, ABC offers the lowest consumption ratio of the market.
APPLICATION2EHA-2-LT up to 766 kg/h CO2 Compressor 2EHA-4-GT up to 1.531 kg/h CO2 Compressor
Two extra long chamber blocks between casing and cylinders. Cylinder side chamber is large enough to avoid the piston rod part in contact with the mechanical elements could get in contact with the packing. An oil thrower at the rod avoids the oil to advance along the piston rod.
OIL FREE CYLINDERS · Light alloy pistons, with teflon segments.
· Stainless steel piston rods.
· Automatic valves, in 13% Cr stainless steel, big flow area. · Water cooled intercooler in stainless steel bundle type, dilatable,
demountable, flowing gas through the inner part and water through the outer part undercurrent.
· Water cooled after cooler, water separator, horizontal arrangement, providing 10°C difference between inlet cooling water and gas outlet temperatures, stainless steel bundle type, dilatable, demountable, flowing gas through the inner part and water through the outer part undercurrent.
PROTECTED AGAINST CORROSION
· Fitted with stainless steel inlet and outlet dampeners and equipped with: safety valves, manual condensate drain traps, and pressure and temperature ports.
· Thermostatic valves in every cylinder. BREWERY PLANT MODEL: 3 x 2EHA-2-GT INSTALLED POWER: 3 x 45 kW FLOW: 3 x 500 kg/h BREWERY PLANT MODEL: 2 x 2EHA-4-GT INSTALLED POWER: 2 x 90 kW FLOW: 2 x 1.000 kg/h
CO2 C O M P R E S S O R S - 2 0 B A R
R A N G E
Regulation: 0-50%-100% Electrical parts with IP55 protection Wye Delta / Soft Start / VSD available NA: Not available
ModEL STAGES CYLINdERS mm
SUCTIoN PRESSURE 1,013 barA SUCTIoN PRESSURE 1,200 barA
FooTPRINT m2 CAPACITY
kg / h INSTALLEd PoWER kW / HP ABSoRBEd PoWERkW / HP CAPACITYkg / h INSTALLEd PoWER kW / HP ABSoRBEd PoWERkW / HP
2EHA-2-GT 2 250 / 125 408 35 50 33 45 NA 4,3 495 45 60 39 54 536 45 60 39 54 623 55 75 50 68 673 55 75 49 67 766 75 100 62 85 878 75 100 66 90 NA 934 90 125 71 97 2EHA-4-GT 2 2x250 /2x125 1.031 90 125 82 112 1.121 90 125 82 112 6,5 1.235 110 150 98 134 1.345 110 150 99 134 1.460 132 180 118 161 1.594 132 180 118 161 1.531 160 220 125 170 1.868 160 220 142 193 2EHA-6-GT 2 3x250 /3x125 1.822 160 220 145 197 1.962 160 220 144 195 9,1 2.190 200 270 177 241 2.392 200 270 177 241 2.297 250 340 187 255 2.803 250 340 213 290
ModEL STAGES CYLINdERS mm
SUCTIoN PRESSURE 1,013 barA SUCTIoN PRESSURE 1,300 barA
FooTPRINT m2 CAPACITY
kg / h INSTALLEd PoWER kW / HP ABSoRBEd PoWERkW / HP CAPACITYkg / h INSTALLEd PoWER kW / HP ABSoRBEd PoWERkW / HP
2EHP-2-GT 2 450 / 230 2.254 200 270 177 241 2.535 200 270 177 241 12,5 2.805 250 340 223 303 3.151 250 340 222 302 3.146 315 425 254 345 3.836 315 425 277 377 NA 4.110 355 480 301 409 2EHP-4-GT 2 2x450 / 2x230 4.194 355 480 314 427 NA 25,6 4.719 400 545 356 483 5.343 400 545 358 486 5.767 500 680 445 604 6.508 500 680 444 604 6.292 560 760 493 670 7.193 560 760 498 678 NA 7.878 630 875 556 756 8.221 710 965 586 787 2EHP-6-GT 2 3x450 / 3x230 6.685 560 760 499 678 NA 34,0 7.392 625 850 556 756 8.323 625 850 556 756 8.258 710 965 629 856 9.351 710 965 632 859 9.201 800 1.088 715 972 10.379 800 1.088 712 968 9.437 900 1.200 736 1.001 11.406 900 1.200 796 1.082 NA 12.331 1.000 1.360 876 1.191 2EHP-4-LT up to 6.292 kg/h CO2 Compressor
ABC CO2 compressors are designed using interchangeable cylinders. Thanks to that, all compressors share the same spare parts, allowing a cost effective and easy maintenance.
100 % INTERCHANGEABLE PARTS
L O W A N D M E D I U M C A P A C I T Y
Its products and services are aimed at optimizing clients’ air or gas compression system. Improvement of regulation system, systems for coordination of batteries of machines, up-grading of compressors, energy saving methods, consultancy and plant audits.
A Bi l i t y I M P R O V E R
Through a wide network of service offices in more than 20 countries, with more than 100 field technicians and stock of spares strategically distributed throughout the world, ABC en-sures the best technical support for the start-up, maintenance and monitoring of compressors.
ABC considers it important to help clients monitor their in-ternational compressor network quickly and efficiently. Con-sequently, the REMOTE CONTROLLER ABility Eye, with its three levels of surveillance, becomes the perfect tool to keep the compressor room under control.
In order to grant the best long-term operating guidelines of the compressors and to keep the maintenance cost contro-lled from the very beginning, ABC offers “FULL SERVICE”, maintenance contracts, with extended guarantee up to five years.
ABC offers clients and field specialists complete training pro-grams, to ensure that only the best technical guidelines are used when diagnosing and operating the compressors.
After more than 60 years in the market, ABC works to strengthen long-term relationships with clients, supplying not only the best customized products, but also the complete service package for their whole life cycle.
ABility Services cover the services from the initial design of compressor, its start-up to its operation, providing the fo-llowing range of services, as well as technical solutions:
LAUNCHING oPERATIoN MACHINE UPGRAdING
ABC productivity AVERAGE productivity STARTING-UP MACHINE UPGRADING PREVENTIVE AND CORRECTIVE MAINTENANCE
ORIGINAL SPARE PARTS
TRAINING AND TECHNICAL CONSULTANCY DESIGN /
For additional information browse our Service Catalogue or visit our website
oHSAS 18001HEADQUARTER Eibar
Polígono Azitain nº 6 P.O.Box 87 20600 EIBAR (Guipúzcoa) SPAIN Tel.: +34 943 820 400
Fax: +34 943 820 235 email@example.com
Contact with our INTERNATIONAL NETWORK
PRODUCTION PLANT ASSEMBLY PLANT