State of Wisconsin
Division of Enterprise Technology (DET)
Service Offering Definition (SOD)
Document Revision History
Date Version Creator Notes 07/15/2011 1.0 Lisa Jorgensen Initial draft
Table of Contents
Introduction ... 4
What Is Included ... 4
What Is Not Included ... 4
Benefits ... 5
Service Description ... 5
Service Period ... 6
Roles and Responsibilities ... 6
Business Continuity ... 6
Performance Metrics (Monitoring/Alerting/Reporting) ... 6
Configuration Diagram ... 7
How Services Are Charged ... 8
Cost-Saving Tips ... 8
SharePoint SOD 4
DET managed SharePoint 2010 provides a web based business productivity platform that allows for collaborative content to be centrally created and managed, with appropriate contextual metadata, customized to fit the business needs of the users. Agencies can utilize SharePoint to automate business processes and provide
collaboration capabilities both internally and with external business partners, citizens, and employers. Key functional components of SharePoint include content versioning, basic workflows, calendaring, collaboration, indexing and search
capabilities and role-based central administration and distributed site administration. The SharePoint Governance Group will be comprised of representatives from DET and agencies using the DET Windows SharePoint Service. The group will provide decisions on how the Enterprise SharePoint service should be delivered and managed from both a business and technical perspective.
What Is Included
SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Edition
Web based collaboration environment
Document Management including Version Control
SharePoint Enterprise features such as business data connector, excel services, search capabilities
• Authentication via agency domain, ACCOUNTS domain or external facing domain.
• It will be composed of two environments: User Acceptance and Production
• Authorization to content handled via roles-based group security
• SharePoint aware Anti-Virus software capable of detecting viruses on content added to the SharePoint environment
• DET Supported Templates: See the following link for a matrix of supported templates.
• Distributed administration of sites
• Base support level
• SharePoint Site Content Indexing and Searching
• Creation and management of SSL certificates from a WebTrust certified certificate authority for external facing sites.
• Basic Auditing
• Forms based authentication
What Is Not Included
• Office Web Apps
• Site and Item level backup and restore (The centralized backup can be used to restore f an agency has a need for this, however, these types of requests will be charged at the DET consulting rate with a two hour minimum)
SharePoint SOD 5
• Support for Custom Web Parts. Custom Web Parts can be implemented in the SharePoint 2010 environment, however, all such parts need to be approved and promoted through UAT and any support for custom web parts will be charged at the DET consulting rate
• Support for templates not specifically listed in the “What Is Included” section
• MySites component
• Custom application development
• Custom delegated administration development
• Site Promotion from UAT to Production. (The current toolset does not allow for site promotion, however, a backup and restore can be done to promote a site. This will be charged at the two hr minimum consulting rate.)
• Customization to Master Pages and Templates
• Payment for SSL certificates from a WebTrust certified certificate authority for external facing sites
• Configuration of vanity domains and SSL certificates
SharePoint provides a cost effective web collaboration platform. Agencies can utilize SharePoint to:
• Automate business processes
• Provide collaboration capabilities both internally and with external business partners, citizens, and employers
This service will use the SharePoint 2010 Enterprise version of SharePoint. It will be composed of two environments: User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Production (PROD) A User Acceptance Test Web Application and Site Collection will be created for each production Web Application and Site Collection an agency plans to use in Production. Customers will create and manage their sites within their own site collection.
Content created or managed in SharePoint 2010 will be housed in SQL databases associated with the environment the content is created within. Authorization to content is handled via SharePoint role-based group security and utilizes groups maintained within SharePoint itself.
The SharePoint Governance Group will provide decisions on how the Enterprise SharePoint service should be delivered and managed from both a business and technical perspective.
SharePoint SOD 6
Agencies will have the responsibility to customize the SharePoint Master Pages to meet Federal and State Standards. Additional standard Microsoft templates will be available and supported with approval of the SharePoint Governance Group. Some templates are installable by the agency admins; others must be installed by DET. Reference the list of templates in the “What Is Included” section of the DET
All external facing sites must use SSL certificates for transport layer security. SSL Certificates are purchased separately by DET for the agency. The actual cost will be charged back to the requesting agency.
The SharePoint service will support all Microsoft supported web browsers.1
The SOD, RnR and Rate will be reviewed annually to determine if any modifications are required.
Roles and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities for the SharePoint service can be found here.
Business Continuity for the SharePoint 2010 service will be determined at a later date.
Performance Metrics (Monitoring/Alerting/Reporting)
Standard server monitoring will be included.
SharePoint SOD 7
SharePoint SOD 8
How Services Are Charged
For the Enterprise SharePoint 2010 service, the full costs of the SharePoint 2010 environment will be shared according to the agreed upon amounts as designated in the SharePoint 2010 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the agencies utilizing this service.
If a new agency is interested in utilizing the Enterprise SharePoint 2010 service, the cost will be determined based on the agencies anticipated use of the environment and a minimum yearly cost to be agreed upon by the participating agencies. Any custom administration changes above and beyond the standard setup will be reviewed and potentially charged at the DET consulting rate to implement. Any additional infrastructure components will be charged to either the overall service or the agency requiring the additional components depending on a decision by the SharePoint Governance Group.
Two SSL certificate are required for the parent/main/root/first external site for an agency. Individual SSL certificates are required for each vanity domain. DET will purchase the SSL certificate and bill them back to the agency using the SSL certificate. Configuration of vanity domains will be charged at the DET consulting rate.
**Any restores will be charged the standard DET Consulting rate with a two hour minimum.
Please see the DOA IT Services Rate Sheet for rate information.
The greater the number of agencies sharing the cost of this service, the lower the individual agency costs will be.