How to create a new Component
i. You have been granted Project Manager rights and you are part of the respective Managing Authority datagroup.
ii. Your funds and financial components have been set up at a
Programme level by the respective programme’s Senior Manager. iii. Your Project has been created in the projects list.
1. Go to Projects to Invoices, then click on Components and Commitments in
the drop down menu
Note: For Grant Schemes do not follow this Knowledge Base article.
2. The Components list appears
In the Component screen you will see the list of components for which your datagroup has access to.
3. Click on Insert component on the right hand side.
An empty Component appears. The top section of the screen is shaded in grey to show you that you are now creating a new component.
sorting bar Components list
right hand side menu Component information related to the
Part A – Entering the Component Details
4. From the Project drop down menu, choose the Project that the Component
is part of.
5. A popup message will show on screen Changing Project will create, amend or
delete the financial plan. Do you want to continue? Click on Yes.
6. Enter the Component’s Short Code in the field. This should follow the naming convention on the components (numbers starting from “1”).
Components should be entered following each other as per application form.
Do not create component codes which do not follow this convention – otherwise the SA will change them without notice.
7. Enter the Component’s Description in the text box. This should be copied
from the Application form.
8. Choose the component’s status in the Status drop down menu.
On-Going – Component is currently underway Closed – Component is closed
Pending – Component is on hold
9. Enter the date related to the status change in the Status Date field, using the format dd/mm/yyyy .
Part B – Entering the Financial Details
11. Click on Financial Plan tab.
12. You will now see an empty financial plan of the Component and you will have to insert figures in the white columns: Initial Allocation, Allocation and Disposal. The shaded columns are calculated automatically from higher and lower levels. The funds available from a Project level are shown.
If there is a financial component which is missing, contact your Senior Manager to add the financial component. Do not proceed with creating the component!
13. The system allows the user to enter figures both in Euro and Lm. Click on
Euro to enter the figures in euro.
14. For each and every Financial Component, enter the following Euro figures:
Initial allocation – this is the allocation when the component was approved;
You do not need to remove the extra funds at the end of the component relating to the Initial Allocation since these will not be deducted from the Programme’s budget.
Any extra funds remaining at the Allocation and Disposal fields will have to be removed at the end of the commitment.
Remember to press the TAB key or click outside the box after
each financial entry, otherwise the figure will show as 0.00 .
You may change these figures at a later stage. The system is fully audited and any changes are recorded indicating the user making the changes and the time stamp.
15. Check that the figures are correct of each financial component and that the total amounts are correct.
Part C – Saving the component
16. Click on save changes in the right hand side menu to save your component.
17. You will now see the new component in the list of Components, together with a new list of tabs at component level.
Check that all information is correct.