How To Give Yourself
a Rife Session
(from Chapter 4)
The Rife Handbook
of Frequency Therapy,
with a Holistic Health Primer
© 2009 by Nenah Sylver, PhD
Part I. The Basics
1. Study the contraindications. Protocols for this tech-nology may need to be modified, or this techtech-nology may be contraindicated entirely, if you have a heart condition, are wearing a pacemaker, are pregnant, are nursing, have blood clots, are taking strong medications such as chemo, are wearing metal implants or stents, have breast implants, or are especially sensitive to radio frequency (RF) or other electromagnetic radiation.
2. Make sure your immune response is working cor-rectly and that your organs of elimination and detoxification are reasonably clear. You may expect to experience die-off symptoms as the pathogens are disabled or killed. Organs of waste processing and disposal include the colon, kidneys, liver, lungs, and lymph. If these become overloaded, waste materials may exit through the skin. If you have any questions about your ability to detoxify easily, consult a health practitioner.
3. Read the operator’s manual and run the unit through all of its steps to make sure it’s working. If you have any questions about the assembly or operation of the unit, check with the vendor. Also, make sure the unit is plugged into the wall and turned on. If using a power strip (highly recom-mended), make sure that the power strip is plugged into the wall and turned on. It’s surprising how many people forget to plug in or turn on the unit, and then panic because they think their device is not working.
4. Write down a complete health history, listing all your symptoms. This includes acute (recent-onset) and chronic (longstanding) conditions, as well as conditions you’ve had for so long, you’ve resigned yourself to them as inevitable or unimportant. Lingering symptoms can provide clues as to which frequencies are most needed, since some pathogens can linger in the body for years, and conditions not treated immediately can escalate into other disease categories. You don’t have to suffer! Visualize, and expect, the best possible results. This will help you devise the best wellness protocol. It will also help stimulate your immune cells.
5. Obtain a medical diagnosis, if possible. It can be helpful (though it is not mandatory) to have a diag-nosis from a medical doctor. However, sometimes a doctor does not order all the necessary tests, or misreads the results of those tests that are done.
Also, your doctor does not live in your body. Your own research, common sense and intuition may be as good as, or even better than, a professional diagnosis.
6. Look up the frequencies for your condition and/or relevant microbes, and write them down. To select the best and most relevant frequencies:
l If you have a diagnosis or already know what’s
ailing you, learn about your condition from a medical textbook or on the Internet. Diseases are usually named according to either the microbe involved, the body part that’s affected, or symp-toms. Be aware that sometimes the same disease has different names, particularly among different countries. If you do not have a diagnosis, make a list of every disease to which your condition is similar.
l Write down every body part that is affected by
the condition, and in what way.
l Write down which symptoms are the most severe
or dangerous, and which therefore require pri-ority attention.
l Since some frequencies work for a wide range
of ailments, don’t dismiss using a particular frequency just because you have only a few of many symptoms. Also, be aware that microbes are involved in many degenerative conditions, including ulcers, Multiple Sclerosis, kidney stones, and even fibromyalgia. Rifing for one condition may help other conditions that you wouldn’t have thought were related—which means that the same microorganisms are implicated in many disease pictures.
l Consider other options. For example, someone
medically diagnosed with a brain tumor got no results using frequencies for brain tumors. But when she tried frequencies for meningitis and encephalitis (both also disorders of the brain), she reversed her symptoms.
7. Program the frequencies into the unit. If your machine is very powerful, use each frequency for 2 to 3 minutes. If your machine is not very powerful, if you’re using a pad device, and/or if you need a particular frequency a great deal, program that number to run 10 minutes or longer.
8. Use the gate and sweep functions if your machine has them. Both the body and microbes can become resistant to a steady unwavering signal, so—if the
A Short Course on How to Give Yourself a Rife Session
wave form is not specially configured to penetrate the body—most devices have ways to bypass this resistance.
l Gating puts a sharp point or spike onto a square
wave, which drives the wave more suddenly and forcefully into the body without harming the human or animal host. This feature enhances the penetration power of the frequencies, to compensate for the possible resistance of the pathogens and the body to the signal.
l Sweeping introduces one or more extra
frequen-cies on either side of the main signal or “target” frequency, to ensure that you are targeting all of the microbes and to compensate for any varia-tions in the Mortal Oscillatory Rate. By sweeping, any stray microbes oscillating outside of the normal range will be caught.
l Converging is a type of fancy sweep that
strad-dles the main frequency. With 2004 as the main or target frequency, here is an example of a converge: 2002, 2006, 2003, 2005, 2004. The frequencies around the target frequency are covered; and they are also administered in an asymmetrical way to prevent the microbes from easily adapting. Some experienced rifers feel that doing a convergent group of frequencies may be more effective than administering straight frequencies or even sweeping.
9. To maximize your rifing experience:
l Before your session, eat lightly rather than a large
meal, as the microbial die-off might make you feel nauseated.
l Dress in loose-fitting clothes to encourage
l Keep the room at a comfortable temperature,
with a blanket nearby.
l Place your frequency device at the proper location
and distance from you. Consult the manufacturer if you’re not sure where to put the machine.
l Remove all jewelry and metal if you’re using a
l Sit or (preferably) lie down. l Dim the lights.
l Drink water during and immediately after the
l Don’t engage in stressful activity, as your body
needs this time to heal. If you watch TV or a movie, make sure it’s uplifting and not depressing.
Media depicting violence and unethical behavior weaken the immune response. Media depicting caring relationships and positive situations (where the characters take charge of their own lives) strengthen the immune response.
l Try not to use the machine after about 4:00 p.m.
Sometimes, people find that the energy from rifing keeps them awake—and in any case, eve-ning is a time to prepare for sleep. Also, drinking is required during and after rifing. If you drink just before going to bed, you’ll have to interrupt your sleep to get up to use the toilet. And if you rife without drinking, you may have a headache or experience other unpleasant reactions the next morning.
10. For conditions that are very serious or life-threat-ening, including cancer and Lyme: These require an aggressive approach. The following are general guidelines only. Consult a health care practitioner and listen to your body.
l Spend from 1½ to 2½ hours for each session.
Cancer and other rapidly degenerative diseases generally require 2 long sessions per day. If you have Lyme, you may require some time off so your body can eliminate the debris.
l People generally run each frequency for about 3
minutes, depending on the power of the unit as well as their condition. Sometimes a frequency needs to be run for 5, 15, 30 or even 60 minutes. Some rifers have used a single frequency for 1 to 2 hours and gotten excellent results. Again, it depends on your situation.
l If you have too many frequencies to fit into 3 or
4 hours per day, create two days of programming and alternate the programs every other day.
l If you feel a lot worse after a session, this may
indicate a detoxification reaction to the microbial die-off. Try to continue with the sessions unless your system becomes too overloaded with waste material.
l Even after they are feeling better, most people
give themselves at least one session per day for about 4 to 6 months. This ensures that the illness will not return.
l Most people observe a favorable change within
a month, and a few feel better within days. But if you don’t notice any change after your sessions for several weeks, don’t be discouraged. Do con-sult a qualified health practitioner, however, who can monitor your condition. If you are using the
wrong program, you need to know this to change the course of your treatment.
l Note to those with cancer: if you are undergoing
chemo, depending on its intensity, you may want to wait to run frequencies until a few days after the treatment. Otherwise, your liver and kid-neys could be overwhelmed by the overload of systemic poisons. However, some people find that rifing favorably intensifies the effects of the chemo. Check with your doctor.
11. For conditions that are not serious or life-threat-ening: Consult a health care practitioner and listen to your body. These are general guidelines only.
l Follow the above guidelines for serious or
life-threatening conditions, but give yourself shorter session times. A general rule is, if you feel better the next day, do another session. If you feel a bit worse, do another session. If you feel a lot worse and don’t feel functional, this is probably due to the microbial die-off. Wait until you feel some-what better again, and then do another session.
l If you don’t notice any change after your session,
either run another session for a longer period of time, and/or change the frequencies.
12. Write down your responses to all of the frequencies used in the session, even if they’re unfavorable or you didn’t feel anything. A written record of your physical, mental and emotional responses (if any) to the frequencies will help determine which frequen-cies were hits (produced a discernible response), and which frequencies did not work. A written record will also help you find patterns in symptoms, plan a long term health protocol for upcoming session(s), and change your protocol if necessary. Your reports may also be useful to others, should you decide to share your results.
13. Drink water in sufficient amounts, appropriate to your weight and size and toxicity level. The water should contain liquid minerals (electrolytes), chlorophyll, Vitamin C, or lemon to make it more assimilable. If you won’t drink water, don’t give yourself sessions, or you’ll risk toxification from microbial waste.
14. Don’t interrupt the sessions until you’re completely well, unless you have a good reason for doing so. Some people who take a break from using the equipment before their illness is completely gone experience a recurrence. And sometimes, the fre-quencies they were using no longer work for them, probably because the microbes have developed a
resistance to the frequencies. Be persistent about continuing with your program, especially if you have
cancer, Lyme, or a similar hard-to-treat condition.
Part II. Troubleshooting
Let’s assume that (a) the unit’s working properly, (b) the signal is getting into the body, and (c) you have done everything suggested in Part I. If you are still not getting results with your protocol, and/or your condition is getting worse, see a health practitioner. Also:
1. Be patient. Each body is physiologically and anatomi-cally different. So, the signals are processed by your body differently than by your friend’s body. Just as a note will sound different in shallow water than it does in deep water, a frequency will react slightly differently in a body that’s thin than a body that has more fat on it. However, if you are getting steadily worse, see the following steps. And, of course, con-sult a qualified health practitioner.
2. Use different frequencies. Microbes can mutate, due to either natural variations in their evolution or differences in the body’s terrain. Bodily terrain depends on acid-alkaline balance, diet, hormones, and even climate. (For instance, a hotter or colder body may create variances in the effects, which is why microbes may respond differently in Alaska than they do in Brazil.) A particular location may also contain anomalous electromagnetic fields that behave differently from those elsewhere, and which cause unexpected frequency variations. Join an Internet group to check for updates on new fre-quencies. Also, if you received a medical diagnosis, consider that it may be incorrect, and try using another approach to your symptoms.
3. Spend more time with the unit. You may need to take a very aggressive approach for your condition, and spend either more time with the machine or more time per frequency. Some people find relief using one frequency for 45 minutes or longer. 4. Run frequencies for Candida and parasites, even
if you think you aren’t affected. It’s amazing how many conditions are either caused or exacerbated by fungi and parasites.
5. Eliminate silver-mercury fillings and mouth infec-tion. Mercury in fillings continually leaks, as vapor, into the mouth. Even in parts per billion (ppb) amounts, mercury is very toxic! See a holistic dentist.
Some herbs chelate heavy metals out of the body; and some homeopathic remedies and other electro-medical devices can nullify the effects of mercury. Also, the mouth is a breeding ground for bacteria and hence disease. Infections not only impede progress, they can cause even apparently unrelated conditions including heart attacks, as the teeth are connected to every meridian in the body.
6. Consider that your system might not have adequate amounts of thyroid hormone. Hypothyroidism— either from insufficient hormone output by the gland, or the inability of the cells to receive and process the hormone—can exacerbate and even cause many other conditions, ranging from cancer to fibromyalgia to heart disease. Fifty percent of the North American population may suffer from hypothyroidism. For more information, see “Thyroid, Underactive / Hypothyroidism” under Glands,
Thyroid, in Chapter 5.
7. Use the regenerative frequencies. Your system may not be working the way it should (whether or not microbes are involved), and you may benefit more by focusing on glandular and organ support. Some frequencies are believed to stimulate the body’s cells to repair and regenerate, independent of any ability to destroy microbes.
8. Run the frequencies for chemical and heavy metal toxicity. Many illnesses are either caused or exacer-bated by chemicals, many of which are toxic metals. These contaminants can be in air pollution, vehicle or factory exhaust, foods, cosmetics, carpets, construc-tion materials, or drinking water. Illnesses caused or exacerbated by chemical poisoning range from cancers to neurological disorders (such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s). Books on chemical poisoning are in References.
9. Use detoxification protocols for the liver and colon. Many conditions can be alleviated partially or com-pletely through detoxification. Detoxification may involve an herbal parasite purge, liver cleanse, sauna, colonic, or other modality like chelation to eliminate heavy metals. Dealing with just this aspect can make a huge difference in how you feel.
10. Try Chinese Medicine diagnosis. There are relation-ships among all organs, glands and body systems. You might not be able to affect your condition with fre-quencies specifically for that condition, but focusing on related points may help. For instance, the spleen “controls” the mouth and lymph. So if the spleen is unhealthy, with deficient or excess energy, you
could have a gum infection or clogged lymph vessels. Similarly, the kidneys “control” bone health. So if the kidneys are weak, you could suffer bone loss (osteo-porosis). These relationships may not make sense to the Western mind, but they’re still valid. Many acu-puncturists obtain excellent results using pad units for hard-to-treat conditions by placing the electrodes at the site of meridians and acupuncture points. 11. Drink even more water than you were drinking
before. If the wastes are accumulating faster than the body can eliminate them, water will dilute the toxins to a more manageable level.
12. Pay attention to lifestyle: diet, exercise, sleep, and stress levels. Since the allopathic medical model is so dominant in the West, some people tend to use Rife technology in a strictly allopathic manner. They think that simply zapping the microbes will eliminate the disease, without requiring them to pay attention to what made them ill in the first place. If your diet is poor, you’ll feed the microbes, which thrive on junk. Don’t underestimate the importance of food in becoming and remaining healthy. Similarly, if you don’t get enough exercise or sleep (or if you get too much), and if you have no way of managing stress, this can help keep you ill.
13. Try other therapies. If you’re drinking enough water (and are using the correct frequencies) and you feel sluggish, fatigued, congested, nauseated, thirsty, and/or have flu-like symptoms, try some protocols summarized in Chapter 3. These include lymphatic drainage, massage, bouncing gently on a rebounder, ozone therapy, and sauna therapy. Rife technology is compatible with virtually all holistic therapies. It has been used somewhat less successfully in conjunction with allopathic medicine (drugs); although people do manage to combine rifing with medically neces-sary surgery.
14. Learn to release, manage and make peace with your emotions, and try to eliminate any beliefs that may contribute to being ill. Often, some frequencies provide relief from emotions such as anger. This makes sense, as microorganisms constantly excrete mycotoxins that cross the blood-brain barrier and poison the brain. Since the brain is a primary organ of emotions, perception of sensory input, motor function, and cognition, mycotoxins will affect mood, motor coordination and ability to think, as well as exacerbate or cause various neurological disorders. Nevertheless, approaching emotional and mental issues from a psychological perspective
is important, too. See the Resource Appendix for more information on some easy-to-use modalities. 15. Be aware that there are some conditions that rifing
may not be able to correct. These include: damage caused by nutritional deficiencies; damage due to drugs or toxic chemicals; severe trauma due to sur-gery or mechanical injury; and damage due to the effects of electromagnetic radiation, as long as the radiation continues to exist. However, it can’t hurt to try. At best, some of the frequencies may help
regenerate some tissue, or at least alleviate pain. At worst, the frequencies won’t have any effect.
REMEMBER: As always, if you have a medical condition, consult a qualified medical professional
you trust. If you are rifing, find someone familiar with Rife technology. This person may be a naturopath, chiropractor, osteopath, herbalist,
acupuncturist, open-minded physician, or someone practicing a related modality.