Past contract expired September 19, 2019
Continued to negotiate while the arbitration process
Longer than normal delay due to the pandemic
TERMS OF THE NEW AGREEMENT
The NALC at headquarters will schedule a RAP session meeting, more than likely it will
be virtual online due to pandemic
Rap Session is designed for National Officers to explain provisions of tentative agreement
in detail to local officers.
While the RAP session is being planned, headquarters will be printing copies of the
tentative agreement so that every member will receive a copy with their ballot.
Simultaneously ballots will be printed and prepared for the membership.
• Members of the union have a vote to agree or to disagree with this contract.
Should the members vote NO, the parties return to bargaining table and possibly resume
RATIFICATION PROCESS CONT.
Should the members ratify and vote yes then the provisions of the new contract are in
affect going forward.
Until that happens the provisions of the old contract continue to be in affect.
If the contract is ratified the local branches begin the process of negotiating the local
• Currently local negotiations are set for April 29, 2021 – May 28, 2021
Should the members vote NO and an arbitrator decides, there is NO vote and you get
whatever the arbitrator decides, and the timeline would be decided later.
FINANCIAL WAGE INCREASES• All Letter carriers will receive the following general wage increases
• 1.1% Effective November 23, 2019 This raise is retroactive
• 1.1% Effective November 21, 2020 This raise is retroactive
• 1.3% effective November 20. 2021
• 1.3% effective November 19, 2022
• 4.8% plus cost-of-living increases
• CCA’s will receive an additional 1% on these 4 dates in lieu of the COLA raises afforded to career employees
• 2.1% (11/23/19) Retro, 2.1% (11/21/2020) Retro, 2.3% (11/20/2021), 2.3% (11/19/2022)
FINANCIAL WAGES CONTINUED
Cost of Living increases for Career employees
• 1stCOLA Effective February 29, 2020 paid retroactively All carriers table 1 $166 Table 2 see below
• A-$102, B-$107, C-$111, D-$116, E-$120, F-$125, G-$129, H-$134, I-$139, J-$143, K-$148, L-$152, M-$157, N-$161, O-$166
• 2ndCOLA Effective August 29, 2020 paid retroactively All carriers table 1 $188 Table 2 see below
• A-$116, B-$121, C-$126, D-$131, E-$136, F-$141, G-$147, H-$152, I-$157, J-$162, K-$167, L-$172, M-$178, N-$183, O-$188
• 3rdCOLA effective March 20m, 2021, 4th COLA effective September 2021, 5th COLA effective March 2022
November 19, 2022 an additional step will be added to both Table 1 & 2.
• Step P will be $444 more than Step O
• All carriers with at least 46 weeks at Step O on November 19, 2022 will go to Step P
A new entry level step is created for CCA’s being converted to PTF.
CCA WAGE CHANGES
Effective June 19, 2021 the CCA entry level CC pay rate will be eliminated
New entry level CCA rate will be the BB rate (currently 17.79)
NEW automatic conversion to Part Time Flexible (PTF) at 24 months as a CCA in your installation.
• ONLY union to attain this provision
• APWU Arbitration settlement 30-month one-time only conversion (large offices only)
• Mail handlers Negotiated agreement 30-monthsd one-time only conversion (large offices only)
Conversion of CCA to PTF would take place after ratification in ALL size offices on a continuing
basis. (This is
a one-time only conversion)
CCA’s converted to Career will no longer have a 90-day qualifying wait to use
Prior rule was taken to arbitration and we lost the issue, however it has now
been negotiated into our contract that annual leave earned by a PTF can be
used immediately and do not have to wait provided the CCA has at least 90
Any Carriers that have retired recently will have
all pay raises and COLA’s that should have been in
effect prior to retirement applied including back
pay and adjustments to your annuity.
• No increase in percentage of Health Insurance costs for 2020 or 2021
• Currently the Postal Service pays 73% of the weighted average and the employee pays 27%
• The Postal Portion is capped at 76% currently
• 2022 & 2023 the Postal Portion will be reduced by 1% to 72% of the weighted average and employee pays 28%
• CCA’s Health Insurance
• 2020 & 2021 No change in Postal Portion
• Self only Postal Service pays $125
• 1styear Self plus one and family Postal Service pays 65% of the plan
• 2nd year Self plus one and family Postal Service pays 75%
• Current Uniform allowance is $464 per year
• May 21, 2021 Increase to $487
• May 21, 2022 increased to $499