Joan M. Weiss, M.S., M.F.T 3675 Greenhill Rd. Pasadena, CA 91107 (626) 510-9190 California license MFC 11843
Joan is Online
JoanWeissMFT.com (website)— joan@JoanWeissMFT.com (e-mail)
In an effort to better serve you, I have set up a website from which you can see my schedule and make, change, or cancel appointments online. You can also use the scheduler at any time to confirm the date/time of any appointments you’ve already made.
Of course, those who prefer to book directly with me in person or via phone will be able to do that, as well. If you book with me, your appointment will be entered into the online system, and you can always use the electronic system to check or change an appointment.
The website is at www.JoanWeissMFT.com. And please note that I have a NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS. To assure reaching me promptly by e-mail, please use joan@JoanWeissMFT.com.
To make, change, or cancel an appointment, click here, then follow the directions on the attached pages.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of all appointments (new, changed, or canceled). You will also receive an e-mail reminder the day before an appointment.
Joan M. Weiss, M.S., M.F.T 3675 Greenhill Rd. Pasadena, CA 91107
(626) 510-9190 California license MFC 11843
Using the Online Appointment Scheduler
The online scheduler is very easy to use. It allows you to see what appointments are available, then book online, at your convenience. You can also cancel or change appointments online. Access the scheduler by going to my website (www.joanweissmft.com), and clicking on the “Make/cancel an appointment” link, which appears on every page. My website and the scheduler can be used with any modern browser, on either a Mac or a PC.
1. You will be asked to log in. I will give you your username. Your initial password is “joan,” which should be changed as soon as possible by telling me what you want the password to be. Your account must be set up by me before you can log on for the first time.
2. Notice that when you log on, any existing appoint-ments are shown in the lower right hand corner. This is also where you go to cancel an appointment.
3. The first step in making an appointment is to click on the “Select Type of Session” window, and choose whether you are booking an individual or couples session, and the length of the session. I nor-mally see individuals for one hour, and couples for an hour-and-a-half.
4. Then click on the date you want to book an appoint-ment. Dates in white are available. Dates in light gray are past, and dates in dark gray are either already fully booked, weekends, holidays, or days when I will not be available due to vacation, continuing education, or personal commitments.
The scheduler will not permit you to book a same-day appointment.
5. As soon as you click on a date, that day’s schedule is displayed. Gray indicates an unavailable time. Times in white are available. To select the time at which you wish your appoint-ment to start, click on the the white box next to that time.
The scheduler will not let you select a start time where there isn’t enough available time for the length of appointment you’re request-ing.
6. You will receive an imme-diate confirmation of the appointment details. If the time or date isn’t what you intended, use your brows-er’s “back” button to select another time or date.
You are welcome to enter any message to me under “special instructions.”
7. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your appointment. The e-mail address entered when your account was created is already in this box, but you can add additional or alternate e-mail addresses if you want confirmations and reminders to go else-where.
8. After checking to make sure the information is cor-rect, you must press the “Finalize Appointment” button to create the appointment.
9. You will receive an imme-diate on-screen confirma-tion that the appointment has been made. You can opt for a printer-friendly version, if you want a hard copy, or print the confirm-ing e-mail which you will receive within a few min-utes.
10. Notice that the appoint-ment has immediately been added to your list of existing appointments.
11. Unless you wish to book another appointment, you can return to my main website by clicking on this link.
12. You will receive an e-mail confirming the appoint-ment, as well as a reminder e-mail the day before the appointment. Cancellations will also be confirmed by e-mail.
13. To CANCEL an appoint-ment, click on “cancel appointment”
14. Click the appropriate but-ton to cancel.
15. You will receive immedi-ate on-screen confirma-tion, as well as an e-mail.
If you wish to re-book, simply start the normal appointment process over by selecting an appointment type, date, and
16. For those of you who use Microsoft Outlook, you can click here (or on a sim-ilar link in your confirm-ing e-mail) and the sched-uler will export a file you can drop on Outlook to automatically enter your appointment information in your personal calendar.
I hope the online scheduling capability will enable you to more easily and quickly book or cancel appointments, since it will eliminate the “phone tag” issue.
If you have any questions or problems, please let me know. Joan