DellTM StatisticaTM • Complete Product Name with Trademarks Version
12.6 Release Notes
DellTM StatisticaTM ... 1
About Dell Statistica 12.6 ... 2
New Features ... 2
Workspace Enhancements: Statistica Enterprise Small Business Edition, Statistica Enterprise, or Statistica Data Miner ... 2
All Validated Procedures ... 2
Beta Procedures ... 5
Statistica Code Deployment ... 5
Statistica Decisioning Platform ... 6
Weight of Evidence... 6
Statistica Enterprise Small Business Edition, Statistica Enterprise ... 7
Statistica Web Data Entry ... 9
Statistica Enterprise Compliance Edition ... 10
Statistica Enterprise Server ... 10
Statistica Analytics Bundle... 10
Statistica Base ... 10
Statistica Advanced ... 12
System Requirements ... 14
Product Licensing ... 15
Getting Started with Statistica ... 15
Upgrade and Installation Instructions ... 15
Additional Resources ... 17
Globalization ... 17
About Dell ... 17
Contacting Dell ... 18
About Dell Statistica 12.6
Dell Statistica 12.6 is a minor release, with enhanced features and functionality.
Workspace Enhancements: Statistica
Enterprise Small Business Edition, Statistica
Enterprise, or Statistica Data Miner
The following enhancements were made for the Statistica Workspace. This document type is licensed for Statistica Enterprise products and Statistica Data Miner.
Workspaces are a visual analytic tool used to create an analytic workflow. One common workflow is: 1. acquire data
2. clean data 3. analyze 4. report
Nodes are added to a workspace to build a workflow. There are two types of nodes: scripted and compiled. The scripted nodes display an SVB icon. The compiled nodes have more options and a white background. Customers will not need to understand the difference between these node types unless they want to develop a custom solution.
All Validated Procedures
Nodes can be selected from the ribbon bar or the Node Browser – All Validated Procedures.
1. A new feature − Node Customization − has been added that provides the ability to customize graphs and spreadsheets generated from specific workspace node(s) in a workspace so that changes will be applied for future runs of the Workspace. Graph output can be customized using all the customization options available in the Graph Options dialog box. Spreadsheet output can be customized using all the options available in the spreadsheet Variable specifications dialog box, and can be applied either to spreadsheets going to the results workbook or spreadsheets used for downstream analysis.
DellTM StatisticaTM a. This feature provides the ability to customize the appearance of graph/spreadsheet
b. Customization scripts can be created by editing objects. You can also edit the resulting script if desired.
c. Customization scripts are saved with the workspace.
i. You can apply the customization scripts to any/all node outputs. ii. You can apply the same script in multiple places.
d. You can apply customizations to all outputs from a node e. You can apply customizations to all outputs from all nodes f. Customization scripts can be stored/referenced from Enterprise. g. Customization scripts can be copied between workspaces.
2. A new workspace node − Execute External Workspace − has been added to make it possible for you to reference a Statistica workspace from a parent workspace.
1) You can call one workspace from another.
2) The workspaces can now be defined as “templates” or subroutines that can be used in different workspaces.
3) You can specify which node from the parent workspace gets mapped to the child workspace. 4) You can specify which downstream outputs can be mapped in the parent workspace. 3. A new workspace node − Rename Variables − has been added to provide the ability to supply
4. In the Data Health Check node, a new option has been added to the Quick tab to provide the ability to remove or exclude all categorical variables with more than k levels. This option is only enabled if the Identify all categorical variables with more than k levels check box is selected. Qualified variables are removed or marked excluded in downstream documents depending on selected options on Results tab.
Figure 1: An option to remove or mark excluded all categorical variables with more than k levels has been added to Specifications - Quick tab
5. New options have been added to compute percentiles based on sets of boundaries or intervals using the Basic Statistics – Descriptive Statistics node and Basic Statistics – Breakdown; non factorial table analyses.
6. The database writeback node has been updated to support write back to MySQL and Teradata, and added ability to specify database type in cases where autodetection fails.
7. The following nodes were added as Validated Procedures in the workspace: 1. Data Mining\Cluster\Generalized K means Cluster Analysis 2. Data Mining\Feature Selection\Predictor Screening 3. Data Mining \Machine Learning\Support Vector Machines 4. Data Mining \Neural Network\SANN Regression
5. Graphs\Matrix Plots
6. Graphs\2D \Scatter w/Error Plots 7. Graphs\2D \Scatter Image Plots 8. Graphs\2D \Scatter w/Box Plots 9. Graphs\3D XYZ\Scatter Image Plots
Nodes can be selected from the Node Browser – Beta Procedures.
Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Service IntegrationThis beta node is not included in the standard Statistica 12.6 installer. Contact the Dell support team via https://support.software.dell.com/ to receive the instructions to install the node.
Statistica and Microsoft Azure Machine Learning service integration enables customers to use Dell Software’s recently acquired Statistica Advanced Analytics platform in tandem with the Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Service. With the combination of Dell Statistica and the Azure Machine Learning Service, customers
get the robust predictive analytics capabilities they desire while enjoying the many advantages of a cloud deployment, all while maintaining proper compliance and security.
1. Create analytic workflows in Statistica 2. Create analytic models in Azure
3. From a Statistica workspace, run Azure models in the cloud
4. Share analytic results within hybrid cloud and on-premise environment
Statistica Code Deployment
The Model Converter module is a new tool that provides the ability to convert a Statistica-generated PMML model to different deployment targets.Until now, modelers had to create multiple projects to generate code for different deployment targets. This tool makes it possible for the modelers to work more efficiently. They can create PMML, save it, and then convert the saved PMML code into the following deployment targets:
• Java • SAS • Teradata
• SQL User Defined Function in C# • SQL stored procedure in C# • Rules
This is first release for code deployment to MapReduce/Hadoop, to be consumed by Statistica Big Data Analytics/Kitenga engine.
Statistica Decisioning Platform
Weight of Evidence
The Weight of Evidence (WoE) analysis has been enhanced to allow for the addition or deletion of predictor variables while working with already selected and binned predictor variables.
Statistica Enterprise Small Business Edition,
1. The following enhancements are for the Statistica Enterprise Manager application, which has been enhanced to provide reporting capabilities for users, groups, and objects.
A. Enterprise User
a. User administrators can generate reports on Enterprise Users based on the different options that are available.
b. Reports can be set to run as an automated process.
B. Enterprise Group
a. User administrators can generate reports on Enterprise Groups based on the different options that are available
b. Reports can be set to run as an automated process.
C. Enterprise Object
a. System administrators can generate reports on Enterprise Objects based on the different options that are available.
2. SVB Alarm Handlers defined for a Quality Control analysis configuration within Enterprise has been enhanced; the handler can now be stored in Enterprise.
3. Enterprise Manager has been enhanced to provide the ability to set an Enterprise-wide default spreadsheet format for data configuration columns defined as Time Stamp.
Statistica Web Data Entry
1. Enterprise Manager has been enhanced to add support for Intellisense while adding/editing constraints in the Data Entry Setup. Characteristics/Labels within the Data Entry setup are available for selection, as well general Spreadsheet formulas.
2. Enterprise Manager has been enhanced with an option in Data Entry Setups defined in a Data Entry Sequence to specify that only one subform can be entered per parent.
3. The Web Data Entry module has been enhanced to supply a global option (in the web.config file) that, if electronic signatures are enabled for sample complete, users must enter an electronic signature for the save operation as well.
4. The Web Data Entry module has been enhanced with an option to only require comment when Approver rejects the data (requires revision).
Statistica Enterprise Compliance Edition
When Enterprise is integrated with Statistica Document Management System (SDMS), and an approval is being executed of an Enterprise object through Enterprise Manager, the SDMS Approval Type that is specified will be added into the Reason column of the Enterprise Audit Log that records the approval.
Statistica Enterprise Server
1. Enterprise Object Links
You can now link directly to Enterprise general documents through a Statistica server URL. For example, you can have a .pdf document stored as an external document in Enterprise. You can create a link to Statistica server that will reference this document. This link can also be embedded in applications that support links (email, .pdf, Word, etc.)
2. Statistica Server has been enhanced to support HTTP Get Request for keep alive/health check probes.
Statistica Analytics Bundle
The following enhancements are included in Statistica Base. Since all products include Base, these enhancements will be seen by all customers.
1. New options have been added to compute percentiles based on sets of boundaries or intervals using the Basic Statistics – Descriptive statistics and Basic Statistics – Breakdown; non factorial table analyses. Regulated industries should find this feature useful for generating segmentation and reports.
DellTM StatisticaTM 2. In a macro, Statistica Visual Basic now has the ability to support the computation of the probability
density, cumulative density, and quantile for the noncentral F and noncentral Chi-square distributions. 3. Statistica has many example data sets and macros included with the program. These files are installed in
the program files directory, which is read only. If you want to add to or edit the examples to share with the team, you now have a new option. You can specify a custom“Examples” location in the StatOpts.xml or DefOpts.xml file. This location will be used when you select Home Open Open Examples. 4. Matrix plots have been enhanced to visualize large complex data sets. The Show scale values check box
was added at the bottom of Matrix Plots dialog box – Advanced tab.
Stepwise Model Builder has been enhanced to facilitate the identification of Cox Regression Models based on predictors chosen by the user at each step. The final Cox Regression model can then be saved in XML/PMML form or directly deployed to Statistica Enterprise. The module also gives you more diagnostic control into the choice of predictors to be added into the final model. The feature provides various goodness of fit statistics and diagnostic graphs to help the analyst with the choice of predictor variables for the final model.
Stepwise Model Builder has been enhanced to facilitate the identification of Linear Regression Models based on predictors chosen by the user at each step. The final Linear Regression Model can then be saved in XML/PMML form or directly deployed to Statistica Enterprise.The module also gives you more diagnostic control of the choice of predictors to be added into the final model. The feature provides various goodness of fit statistics and diagnostic graphs to help the analyst with the choice of predictor variables for the final model.
Logistic Regression (Drill Down)
The Stepwise Model Builder module for Logistics Regression has been enhanced to give you more diagnostic control into the choice of predictors to be added into the final model. The module provides various goodness of fit statistics and diagnostic graphs to help the analyst with the choice of predictor variables for the final model.
To activate a trial:
1. Visit the trial download web page: http://software.dell.com/products/statistica/ accessed through the product page.
2. Find your job function and select the corresponding trial. 3. Sign-in to your account or register.
4. Complete a brief survey. 5. Download the trial file.
To activate a purchased commercial license:
1. Visit the support website: https://support.software.dell.com/ 2. Click Download New Releases in the self-service section. 3. Select product, select Edition, and click Download. 4. Sign-in to your account or register.
5. Download the commercial file.
License keys compatible with Statistica 12.5 and earlier versions are no longer supported with Statistica 12.6. If you need assistance to find your license number or an upgrade key, contact the License Administration team: https://support.software.dell.com/licensing-assistance
Getting Started with Statistica
Upgrade and Installation Instructions
1. Installation instructions:
Refer to https://support.software.dell.com/statistica/ for detailed installation instructions. 2. Upgrade instructions:
1) Uninstall any updates that have been applied. The installer will provide a warning if you try to upgrade without uninstalling the updates.
2) Using the upgrade only installer:
Self-extracting zip packages will be provided (one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit). Launch and run the zip package.
After clicking Install:
3) Using the full installer:
Server Upgrade using full install (after downloading the zip file and extracting):
After clicking Statistica, you will be provided an option to perform an upgrade as shown in the screenshot below.
Additional information is available from the following:
This section contains information about installing and operating this product in non-English configurations, such as those needed by customers outside of North America. This section does not replace the materials about supported platforms and configurations found elsewhere in the product documentation.
This release supports any single-byte or multi-byte character set. In this release, all product components should be configured to use the same or compatible character encodings and should be installed to use the same locale and regional options. This release is targeted to support operations in the following regions: North America, Western Europe and Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe, Far-East Asia, Japan. It supports bidirectional writing (Arabic and Hebrew).
Dell listens to customers and delivers worldwide innovative technology, business solutions and services they trust and value. For more information, visit www.software.dell.com.
Product questions and sales: (800) 306-9329
Technical support resources
Technical support is available to customers who have purchased Dell software with a valid maintenance contract and to customers who have trial versions. To access the Support Portal, go to
The Support Portal provides self-help tools you can use to solve problems quickly and independently, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In addition, the portal provides direct access to product support engineers through an online Service Request system.
The site enables you to:
• Create, update, and manage Service Requests (cases) • View Knowledge Base articles
• Obtain product notifications
• Download software. For trial software, go to Trial Downloads. • View how-to videos
• Engage in community discussions • Chat with a support engineer © 2014 Dell Inc.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
This guide contains proprietary information protected by copyright. The software described in this guide is furnished under a software license or nondisclosure agreement. This software may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of the applicable agreement. No part of this guide may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording for any purpose other than the purchaser’s personal use without the written permission of Dell Inc.
The information in this document is provided in connection with Dell products. No license, express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, to any intellectual property right is granted by this document or in connection with the sale of Dell products. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SPECIFIED IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR THIS PRODUCT, DELL ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER AND DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY RELATING TO ITS PRODUCTS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL DELL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS DOCUMENT, EVEN IF DELL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Dell makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and reserves the right to make changes to specifications and product descriptions at any time without notice. Dell does not make any commitment to update the information contained in this document.
If you have any questions regarding your potential use of this material, contact: Dell Inc.
Attn: LEGAL Dept 5 Polaris Way Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Refer to our web site (software.dell.com) for regional and international office information.
DellTM StatisticaTM Dell, the Dell logo, and Statistica are trademarks of Dell Inc. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other countries. Other trademarks and trade names may be used in this document to refer to either the entities claiming the marks and names or their products. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
CAUTION: A CAUTION icon indicates potential damage to hardware or loss of data if instructions are not followed.
WARNING: A WARNING icon indicates a potential for property damage, personal injury, or death.