KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA GC CRPF BANTALAB CLASS -9th
SUBJECT – SCIENCE
HOLIDAY HOMEWORK SUMMER BREAK 2021-22
1.Prepare a model to demonstrate movement of particles in solids, liquids and gases.
2.Take an earthen pot (mutka), some pebbles and sand. Design a small-scale filtration plant that you could use to clean muddy water
3.Prepare a chart and presentation on:
FRACTIONAL DISTILATION (roll no. 1-10 ), SEPERATION THE
COMPONENTS OF AIR (roll no 11-20), WATER PURIFICATION SYSTEM (roll no 21-30), VARIOUS CELLS OF HUMAN BODY (roll no 31 - 40),
PROKARYOTIC & EUKARYOTIC CELL (roll no 41 -50), MOTION (roll no 51 and above)
4.WRITE ABOUT TEN EXAMPLES OF PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL CHANGES WHICH HAPPEN NATURALLY.
5.Do complete your notebook and Prepare for Periodical test -1 of following chapters (a) MATTER IN OUR SURROUNDINGS
(c ) THE FUNDAMENTAL UNIT OF LIFE.
6.. Make a newsletter having 20 science related news.
7.Make a file and working model for (i) CENTRIFUGATION . (ii) Write at least 10 joyful activity related to science .
( iii). Make any best activity video related to science .
8. Practice of PISA/ CCT based questions and also visit the diksha app for PISA/CCT content.
1. Fill in the blanks: (a) Evaporation of a liquid at room temperature leads to a———effect. (b) At room temperature the forces of attraction between the particles of solid substances are——— than those which exist in the gaseous state. (c) The arrangement of particles is less ordered in the ——— state. However, there is no order in the ——— state. (d) ——— is the change of solid state directly to vapour state without going through the ———state. (e) The phenomenon of change of a liquid into the gaseous state at any temperature below its boiling point is called—— —.
2. Osmosis is a special kind of diffusion‘. Comment.
3. Classify the following into osmosis/diffusion (a) Swelling up of a raisin on keeping in water. (b) Spreading of virus on sneezing. (c) Earthworm dying on coming in contact with common salt. (d) Shrinking of grapes kept in thick sugar syrup. (e) Preserving pickles in salt. (f)
4. Water as ice has a cooling effect, whereas water as steam may cause severe burns.Explain these observations.
5. Alka was making tea in a kettle. Suddenly she felt intense heat from the puff of steam gushing out of the spout of the kettle. She wondered whether the temperature of the steam was higher than that of the water boiling in the kettle. Comment.
6. You are provided with a mixture of naphthalene and ammonium chloride by your teacher.Suggest an activity to separate them with well labelled diagram.
7. It is a hot summer day, Priyanshi and Ali are wearing cotton and nylon clothes respectively. Who do you think would be more comfortable and why?
8. You want to wear your favourite shirt to a party, but the problem is that it is still wet after a wash. What steps would you take to dry it faster?
9. Comment on the following statements: (a) Evaporation produces cooling. (b) Rate of evaporation of an aqueous solution decreases with increase in humidity. (c) Sponge though compressible is a solid.
10.Why does the temperature of a substance remain constant during its melting point or boiling point?
11.Why are lysosomes known as ‗suicide-bags‘ of a cell?
12.Do you agree that ―A cell is a building unit of an organism‖. If yes, explain why? 13.Why does the skin of your finger shrink when you wash clothes for a long time? 14.Why is endocytosis found in animals only?
15.A person takes concentrated solution of salt, after sometime, he starts vomiting. What is the phenomenon responsible for such situation? Explain.
16.Name any cell organelle which is non membranous. 17.How does amoeba obtain its food?
18.Name the two organelles in a plant cell that contain their own genetic material and ribosomes.
19.Why are lysosomes also known as ―scavengers of the cells‖? 20.Which cell organelle controls most of the activities of the cell?
21.The displacement of a moving object in a given interval of time is zero. Would the distance travelled by the object also be zero? Justify you answer.
22.How will the equations of motion for an object moving with a uniform velocity change? 23.An object starting from rest travels 20 m in first 2 s and 160 m in next 4 s. What will be the velocity after 7 s from the start.
24.Draw a velocity versus time graph of a stone thrown vertically upwards and then coming downwards after attaining the maximum height.
KV BANTALAB GC CRPF
HOLIDAY HOME WORK
SUBJECT - MATHS
Q1. Define Rational numbers .
(a) Write three numbers whose decimal expansions are non-terminating
(b) Write three numbers whose decimal expansions are terminating
(c) Write three numbers whose decimal expansions are non-terminating
(d) Write three numbers whose decimal expansions are terminating
Q2. Represent √2 , √3 , √5 , √7, √9.3 ,√5.6
Q3. Express the following in the form of p/q
Q4. Write all the properties of Real(Rational and Irrational separately) numbers
Q5. Prove the following:-
(x-y)2 = x2-2xy+y2
(x+y+z )2 = x2+y2+z2+2xy+2yz+2zx
(x+y)3 = x3 + y3+ 3xy(x+y)
(vii) (X-y)3 = x3-y3-3xy(x-y)
(viii) X3+y3= (x+y)(x2-xy+y2)
X3-y3 = (x-y)(x2+xy-y2)
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA GC CRPF BANTALAB HOLIDAY HOMEWORK
ENGLISH CLASS 9
1. Write an article on the teachers in moulding the character and personality of students. 2. Imagine you are Evelyn Glennie. Write a diary entry describing your first day at the Royal
Academy of Music,London.
3. Maintain a dictionary by learning 5 English words and their meanings from your textbook. 4. Revise all the work done in the class
5. Write a letter to the editor of a national daily, urging the people to switch over to solar energy and limit electricity bills. You are Sumit/Sumitra of 29, panchsheel Garden, New Delhi.