Certified Public Accountant
Certified Public Accountant
What is a CPA
A CPA is a certified public accountant who is licensed by a state board of accountancy. To earn the prestige associated with the CPA license, you are
required to demonstrate knowledge and competence by meeting high educational standards, passing the CPA exam and completing a specific amount of general accounting experience. The two most important aspects of becoming a CPA are
passing the Uniform CPA Exam and meeting licensing requirements in the state
where you want to practice.
Becoming a CPA
3 E’s are required for licensure
• Have a bachelor's degree or higher • Requirements vary by state/jurisdiction
• Pass all 4 exams
• Eligibility to sit for exam depends on state
• Many states require the candidate to have 1 – 2 years experience under a CPA
Prestige and Respect
Money and Benefits
Job Satisfaction and Variety
Why get licensed?
The CPA license is a symbol to the public that an accountant has mastered the vital elements of the profession.
A CPA license is a high standard recognized by employers and their clients, governments and the public as an assurance of skill, dedication and quality. In today’s business world, a CPA represents a trusted voice in business and financial consulting and is a sought-after commodity among all walks of professional
The AICPA does not license CPAs. The licensing authority and requirements for CPAs falls under the jurisdiction of the Board of Accountancy for the state, district, or country in which a CPA practices.
Five popular reasons for earning a CPA
NGO Public/Privat Company
SalaryIncrease Confidence Recognition in an Elite group
CPAIT Financial Planning Tax Accounting Estate Planning Management Auditing
Why and Who Should Apply for the CPA
The CPA examination is the most established and recognized professional accounting designation. The benefits include:
The opportunities available to a CPA are positions in:
Pay Application and Examination FeesTaking the examination involves two categories of required fees that are to be paid either to your board of accountancy or to NASBA. The required sections are as follows:
o Application Fee: This fee is established by and paid to your board of accountancy or its designated agent.
o Examination Fee: The amount of this fee depends on the section of the examination and is paid either to your board of accountancy, its designated agent or to NASBA.
o Examination fees are established by boards of accountancy, NASBA, the AICPA and Prometric.
o Note: You must pay additional fees for each examination section you plan to take internationally upon registration, regardless of which board of
accountancy has declared you eligible for the examination.
• International Administration of the CPA
The CPA Examination application process is basically the same for U.S. and
international candidates. In order to qualify to take the CPA Examination outside the U.S., candidates will have to establish their eligibility through a State Board participating in the International CPA Examination Administration program. Prospective candidates must select the participating U.S. jurisdiction to which they will apply, contact the Board of Accountancy in that jurisdiction to obtain application materials, submit completed applications and required fees as- instructed, and once deemed qualified, register for the examination. After
FAR: Financial Accounting and Reporting
AUD: Auditing and Attestation
BEC: Business Enviroment and Concepts
The CPA Curriculum
• Examination Length and Formats
*Passing score is 75 on a 0-99 scale for each exam.
Join the CPA Courses Now at
Course Schedule: Once a week from 6:00 PM till 9:00 PM
Course Location: Milestones Head Office, Antelias
Course Duration: 30-32 weeks
Exam Location: Amideast, Beirut, Down Town
1. January 1 – February 28 (29) 2. April 1 – May 31
3. July 1 – August 31
4. October 1 – November 30
You can take any or all sections of the examination during any testing window and in any order. However, you may not take the same section more than once during any one testing window.
Gleim CPA Materials
1. The Gleim System for Success -- Our System for Success helps you develop and implement a system for success for the CPA exam.
3. Intuitively appealing -- Gleim is easy to understand and easy to study. Rather than extra work, Gleim products are perceived as extra help. Gleim materials are used in CPA Reviews across the world and at universities throughout the United States!
4. Helps you understand why you answer practice CPA questions incorrectly -- Gleim helps you to avoid making mistakes on the actual exam. Most candidates are overly concerned with the correct answers, whereas understanding why each incorrect answer was selected is the key to
5. EFFECTIVE -- We can help! Gleim candidates experience tremendous success when they complete 90% of the work in CPA Gleim Online. 6. Cost Effective -- The mission of Gleim is to provide the most effective
knowledge transfer system and to assist users in achieving success with the minimum investment of time and resources.
Visit: www.milestones-mena.com or mail us on: email@example.com Call us: 00961 4 402569/70 00961 70 124567