IN PRINT AND ONLINE
WITH SUPER LAWYERS
Connecting selected attorneys with
consumers and referring colleagues
Super Lawyers is a research-driven, peer-influenced rating
service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high
degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Attorneys are selected from more than 70 practice areas and
all firm sizes, assuring a credible and relevant annual list.
Our mission is to provide visibility to attorneys
who exhibit excellence in the practice of law.
Diverse list of the top attorneys nominated by their own peers
Validated with third-party research across 12 key categories
EVALUATIONS Reviewed by a highly credentialed panel of attorneys FINAL SELECTION 5% of attorneys selected to Super Lawyers 2.5% of attorneys selected to Rising Stars
PATENTED SELECTION PROCESS
Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third-party research, and each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis.
The objective is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys that can be used as a resource for attorneys and consumers searching for legal counsel.
SUPERLAWYERS.COM/ADVERTISING 3 ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Platinum Profile ...6
NEW! Premier Platinum Profile... ...6
Display Advertising ... 7
Ask Super Lawyers Print Advertising ...8
Standard Profile ...9
NEW! Premier Impact Listing... ...9
Attorney Impact Listing ...9
Firm Impact Listing.. ...9
onlinePremium Online Attorney Profile ... 11
Expanded Online Attorney Profile ... 11
Super Lawyers TopSpots ... 11
Ask Super Lawyers Answer Page ...12
Premium Online Firm Profile ...12
Super Lawyers Video...13
content marketingNEW! Legal Leader... ...14
recognition and gift collectionRecognition and Gifts ...15
Super Lawyers Magazines feature lists and profiles of selected attorneys, and are distributed
to attorneys in the state or region and the ABA-accredited law school libraries. Super Lawyers is also published as a special section in leading city and regional magazines across the country, reaching more than 21 million consumers annually.
Attorneys selected to a Super Lawyers or Rising Stars list can also be found on SuperLawyers.com. With more than 500,000 visits per month, online profiles are visible to both consumers and attorneys searching for a lawyer. Eighty percent of SuperLawyers.com traffic comes from major search engines. All selected attorneys are listed in associated publications and on SuperLawyers.com at no charge.
Attorneys selected to a Super Lawyers or Rising
Stars list from any year have the exclusive
opportunity to display attorney badges on their
website, blog or other online property at no cost.
GET YOUR PERSONALIZED
SUPER LAWYERS BADGE
Go to your Super Lawyers online attorney
profile and click the link at the bottom.
SUPER LAWYERS STUDIO TOOL
Studio.SuperLawyers.com is an online tool designed to create a custom preview of print and online marketing solutions, allowing selected attorneys to preview what their custom ad or online profile would look like. This new tool uses all information loaded into My.SuperLawyers.com to show an attorney’s headshot image, contact information and practice areas within various print and online marketing solutions.
• Preview a variety of custom print and online marketing solutions • Make purchases in the My.SuperLawyers.com online store • Send a link to share the custom preview with others • Print custom preview (or save as an image)
Print marketing solutions available for custom preview:• 1/3 page Standard Profile (10 design options available) • 1/9 page Standard Profile
• Impact Listing • Firm Impact Listing
Online marketing solutions available for custom preview:• Premium Online Attorney Profile
• Expanded Online Attorney Profile • Ask Super Lawyers Answer Page • Super Lawyers TopSpots
Login today at Studio.SuperLawyers.com to get started!
THE POWER OF PRINT
Magazines are the strongest media influence on
personal recommendations. Influence word-of-mouth
recommendations and compel readers to take action
with Super Lawyers Print Advertising.
• Benefit from high-impact visibility within the lists • Generate brand attention from potential clients
reading magazines at leisure and without interruption • Drive more visits to your website by influencing readers
to search for your content online
• Develop long-term relationships with consumers, who invest more in products seen in magazines than on television or the Internet • Diversify your marketing strategy and improve overall ROI
with print advertising
Super Lawyers Magazine has, by far, been the best business-attracting
publication that I have ever tried. I’ve received numerous calls that
have become new clients and current clients tell me they saw me in
Super Lawyers. It is an honor and it is a marketing golden apple!
DELONG, CALDWELL, BRIDGERS & FITZPATRICK, LLC ATLANTA, GA
Platinum Profiles provide high-impactvisibility in both print and digital versions of Super Lawyers Magazine and special sections in leading city and regional magazines across the country. Platinum Profiles are offered in a wide variety of layouts and sizes to fit your brand and budget.
• Preparation services from a photographer and writer • Complimentary practice area listing stands out in red and
references profile page number
• 25 bonus copies of Super Lawyers Magazine and/or your state-appropriate consumer publication, 300 profile reprints, a framed profile reprint and up to three framed Super Lawyers or Rising Stars Certificates
FULL PAGE PLATINUM PROFILE
HALF PAGE PLATINUM PROFILE
THE ANNUAL LIST
The Top Attorneys in Pennsylvania & Delaware Including Rising Stars
SPECIAL ADVERTISING SECTION
PENNS YL V ANIA & DEL A W ARE 2 0 15 SuperLawyers.com/Pennsylvania SuperLawyers.com/Delaware Personal Injury Defective Products Toxic Tort Business Law Employment Law PHILADELPHIA | (215) 555-1212 | hatchkellerchoilawﬁrm.com
LEADING THE CHARGE FOR VICTIMS’ RIGHTS
HATCH, KELLER & CHOI, LLP
Left to right: Brian Anderson**, Jim Matthews, Lisa Keller*, Richard Jones*, Trevor Hatch*, Alice Miller *Selected to 2015 Super Lawyers **Selected to 2015 Rising Stars
PREMIER PLATINUM PROFILE
Purchase the opening page of a Super Lawyers special section within a regional/city magazine.
ONE SPOT PER CONSUMER PUBLICATION AVAILABLE.
LIMITED INVENTORY NEW!
Whenever I need to refer a case to someone outside my area of expertise, I first grab
Super Lawyers Magazine and browse the list of reputable attorneys. I think other
lawyers do that too, because the number of quality referrals coming into our office
has gone up since being selected to the Super Lawyers list.
VANCE & LARSON LAW FIRM ALAMOSA, CO
Display Advertising allows impact and flexibility regarding the design of the advertisement. The firm may provide camera-ready ads, or Super Lawyers can assist with design (additional fees apply).
• Maximize your existing firm brand • Available in five sizes
• Excellent solution for larger firms where a group photo may not be feasible
FULL PAGE DISPLAY AD HALF PAGE
Ask Super Lawyers Print Advertising
Showcase your expertise in a specific area of practice with Ask Super Lawyers Print Advertising. This print solution includes advertorial-style Q&A within consumer publications, optimizing your exposure and credibility to consumers seeking legal advice.
• Relevant exposure in leading city/regional consumer publications and/or your state’s Super Lawyers Magazine
• Available in a variety of layouts and sizes • Custom answer provided by attorney
DISPLAY HALF PAGE DISPLAY FULL PAGE DISPLAY FULL PAGE PLATINUM
SUPERLAWYERS.COM/ADVERTISING 9 PREMIER IMPACT LISTING
• Fully customizable and can include firm contact info, website and all selected attorneys at a firm (space limited based on number of selectees)
• For individual attorneys, a photo can be included
• 2 ads per practice area listing are available (per publication)
ATTORNEY IMPACT LISTING
• Included in both the print and digital versions of Super Lawyers Magazine and the state-appropriate consumer magazine or newspaper supplement
• Includes attorney name, firm name, city, phone number and website
FIRM IMPACT LISTING • Available in select publications
• Includes firm logo, city and state, phone number and website
Standard Profiles give an attorney both a strong attorney referral network and unmatched visibility to consumers in need of legal services.
• Available in two sizes: one-third page (up to 150 words) and one-ninth page (100 words)
• Features a full-color photo, biography and contact information • Sorted as a standalone ad or within the practice area list pages
JOHN R. SMITH ATTORNEY AT LAW Anytown • 123-456-7890 www.lawfirmname.com Anytown‚ State • 123-456-7890 lawfirmname.com ONE-NINTH PAGE ONE-THIRD PAGE SEVERAL DESIGN OPTIONS AVAILABLE
SUPER LAWYERS / ILLINOIS 2015 BY PRACTICE AREA
Wolven, Lauren J., Horwood Marcus & Berk, Chicago, 312‑606‑3239 Pg. S‑5 Zaluda, Jeffrey A., Horwood Marcus & Berk,
Chicago, 312‑606‑3200 FAMILY LAW Kimberly A. Cook* Jay P. Dahlin Timothy M. Daw Charles J. Fleck Meighan A. Harmon Burton S. Hochberg David H. Hopkins Jennifer Dillon Kotz Joshua M. Jackson* Michelle A. Lawless Gregory C. Maksimuk* Carlton R. Marcyan Claire R. McKenzie Karen Pinkert-Lieb** Patrick T. Ryan* Donald C. Schiller Eric L. Schulman Tanya J. Stanish Arnold B. Stein Anita M. Ventrelli
*Rising Stars honorees **Top 50 Women
162 W. Grand Avenue, Chicago (312) 600-0000 |AnkinLaw.com
Adess, Jason G., Berger Schatz, Chicago, 312‑782‑3456
Ainley, David Clyde, Katz & Stefani, Chicago, 312‑364‑9000
Siegal, Barry P., Golan & Christie, Chicago, 312‑263‑2300
Simon, Gregg M., Much Shelist, Chicago, 312‑521‑2605
Stark, Blooma, Aronberg Goldgehn, Chicago, 312‑755‑3152
Stetter, Debra L., Schiff Hardin, Chicago, 312‑258‑5741
Stone, J. Andrew P., Kozusko Harris Duncan, Chicago, 312‑589‑2410
Strauss, Benton C., Strauss & Malk, Northbrook, 847‑562‑1400
Stuart, Jr., Robert A., Brown Hay & Stephens, Springfield, 217‑544‑8491
Such, III, Domingo P., Perkins Coie, Chicago, 312‑324‑8415
Sugar, Richard A., Sugar Felsenthal Grais & Hammer, Chicago, 312‑704‑9400
Thies, Richard B., Hamilton Thies & Lorch, Chicago, 312‑650‑8620
Tish, Martin H., Neal Gerber & Eisenberg, Chicago, 312‑269‑8031
Trost, Eileen B., Freeborn & Peters, Chicago, 312‑360‑6313
Turk, Mary Lee Jontz, Levin Schreder & Carey, Chicago, 312‑332‑6300
Weinberg, Neil H., Katten Muchin Rosenman, Chicago, 312‑902‑5646
Whitty, Michael D., Handler Thayer, Chicago, 312‑641‑2100
Williams, H. Randolph, Williams & Baerson, Chicago, 312‑629‑9003
Allen, Gemma B., Ladden & Allen, Chicago, 312‑853‑3000 Pg. S‑44
Ashmore, Laura N., Lake Toback, Chicago, 312‑726‑7111 Pg. S‑13
Beermann, Miles N., Beermann Pritikin Mirabelli Swerdlove, Chicago, 312‑621‑9700 Pg. S‑4 Benassi, A. Lou, Benassi & Benassi, Peoria,
Bennett, Margaret A., Bennett Law Firm, Oak Brook, 630‑573‑8800 Pg. S‑4, S‑5, S‑44 Berger, Michael J., Berger Schatz, Chicago,
Berman, Arthur M., Grund & Leavitt, Chicago, 312‑640‑0500
Birnbaum, Jacalyn F., Birnbaum Haddon Gelfman & Arnoux, Chicago, 312‑863‑2800
Block, Gloria E., Hoffenberg and Block, Chicago, 312‑853‑8000
Bognar, Erin J., Griffin McCarthy & Rice, Chicago, 312‑782‑4244
Bolon, Laurence J., Bolon Law Offices, Chicago, 312‑782‑1272
Botti, Stephen R., Botti Marinaccio, Oak Brook, 630‑575‑8585 Pg. S‑44
STEPHEN R. BOTTI
BOTTI MARINACCIO, LTD. Oak Brook • 630‑575‑8585
www.bottimarinacciolaw.com CONT’D FROM PAGE S-8
WILLIS TOWER, 233 S. WACKER DRIVE, SUITE 5210, CHICAGO, IL 60606 PH: (312) 258-9400 • FX: (312) 258-9444 • SPELLMIRELAW.COM
Spellmire Law Firm LLC represents attorneys, accountants and other professionals—as well as businesses, organizations and individuals—in litigation involving ethical and professional liability disputes in all courts, arbitration and mediation. George Spellmire has handled hundreds of professional liability cases from coast to coast. He is recognized by The National Law
Journal as one of the most prominent professional malpractice
lawyers in the United States. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in
America and selected to Illinois “Leading Lawyers.” Spellmire is
a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
GEORGE W. SPELLMIRE
Chosen to 2005-2015 Super Lawyers
Promote your expertise through Super Lawyers Online Advertising.
Proprietary Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tools and techniques
make it easy for your targeted audience to find you and make a
personal connection before they meet you.
• Be found online in search engines and on SuperLawyers.com through enhanced visibility
• Measure your success by generating new business via optimized contact options • Strengthen your portfolio by diversifying with websites, blogs and social media • Control your image with Super Lawyers’ credible, third-party validation
• Build relationships with prospects via photos, biographical information and video • Available to any attorney or firm ever selected to Super Lawyers
SEE IT ONLINE
Read the latest digital editions of Super Lawyers Magazine
Premium Online Attorney Profile
The Premium Online Attorney Profile highlights an attorney’s achievements and expertise to potential clients searching online for legal assistance.
• Prominence in the SuperLawyers.com attorney directory; excellent visibility in major search engines
• Optimized contact options and interactive map • Ability to link all online properties and syndicate
social media and blogs
• Enhanced user experience with mobile devices that is optimized for conversion
Expanded Online Attorney Profile
The Expanded Online Attorney Profile is designed to introduce an attorney to a potential client by providing contact information, biographical information and a photo.
• Enhanced exposure within SuperLawyers.com attorney directory • Super Lawyers’ selections and top lists noted
• Contact information, photo and web link • Enhanced user experience with mobile devices
that is optimized for conversion
TOP PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITY
Super Lawyers TopSpots provide exclusive top-three placement of your Premium Online Attorney Profile in the SuperLawyers.com attorney directory, targeted by practice area and geographic location.
PRICING VARIES BY LOCATION AND PRACTICE AREA.
Premium Online Firm Profile
The Premium Online Firm Profile provides instant online visibility for your entire firm. Establish credibility with potential clients by showcasing your law firm on SuperLawyers.com.
• Increased visibility in the SuperLawyers.com directory • Responsive design for desktop, mobile and tablet use • Professionally written overview of the firm and pie chart of
• Visually optimized email contact form on every page, links to firm’s online properties and syndication of social media/blogs • Separate Premium Online Firm Profile for each office location
Ask Super Lawyers Answer Page
Showcase your expertise online with an Ask Super Lawyers Answer Page. This advertorial spin on a traditional question-and-answer set uses optimized content to direct consumers with a specific legal issue to your personal Answer Page.
• Targeted content to reach a relevant audience with a particular legal question and answer
• Strategically placed contact buttons and excellent visibility in search results
• Links to SuperLawyers.com online attorney profile and your firm’s website
Super Lawyers Video
Super Lawyers Video provides flexibility and creativity to help you create a portfolio of videos for any attorney at your firm (at least one of the videos must be for an attorney selected to a Super Lawyers or Rising Stars list). Our competitive video marketing solution aligns with industry standards and capitalizes on our legal expertise providing your firm with the following:
• Video Producer – A video producer works with you to determine your key messages and strategy in a pre-production call. After the shoot, they continue to manage the production of each video.
• Professional Video Crew – Our experienced video team will film high quality video(s) that convey your firm’s message clearly, dynamically and professionally.
• Video Editing – Our team of video experts edits the footage and provides you with the finished video.
Jane Doe rated by Super Lawyers
Attorney Jane Doe describes her personal injury focused law practice.
SPECIAL DISTRIBUTION FOR SUBSCRIBERSCurrent Super Lawyers Premium Online Attorney Profile and Ask Super Lawyers Answer Page subscribers will receive exclusive distribution via Super Lawyers channels:
• Premium Online Attorney Profile (if applicable) • Ask Super Lawyers Answer Page (if applicable) • Super Lawyers branded YouTube channel • Video.SuperLawyers.com
• Customer provided finished video via downloadable link Additionally, proprietary SEO techniques and tools are used to ensure maximum exposure as well as expanded viewership with HTML5 mobile compatibility. Performance management metrics are also included.
Half-Day Shoot: $5,500 one-time cost
1-10 AVERAGE VIDEOS (30-60 SECONDS EACH)
Full-Day Shoot: $9,000 one-time cost
3-10 AVERAGE VIDEOS (30-60 SECONDS EACH)
Please note: If an attorney has never been selected to a Super Lawyers or
Rising Stars list, their video will not have Super Lawyers branding or distribution through Super Lawyers channels.
SUPERLAWYERS.COM & FINDLAW.COM DISPLAY ADS
CUSTOM SLIDESHARE PRESENTATION CORE WHITE PAPER
BLOG POSTS SOCIAL POSTS & PROMOTION
© 2014 by Roberts Law Group, PLLC . All rights reserved. Design and editorial services by FindLaw, a part of Thomson Reuters. 9
The court also considers the methods used to conduct the fraudulent scheme. One provision in the guidelines calls for an enhancement if the individuals used “sophisticated means” to carry out the offense.8 What are sophisticated means? They could be many different things, from fake documents that allegedly cover up criminal activity to programs used by computer hackers. The more elaborate the scheme, the more likely it is that this enhancement will apply.
If the enhancement does apply, there are severe consequences for the defendant. The guideline says that two points will be added to the base offense level, with a minimum level of 12 if it is used in any particular case. That means that, even if the offender was at nine after the two points are added, he or she would automatically be raised to level 12 due to the sophisticated means enhancement.
IMAGINE AN EXAMPLE: SENTENCING GUIDELINES AND A PONZI SCHEME
8 U.S.S.G. § 2B1.1(b)(10)(C) 9 18 U.S.C.A. § 1343 WIRE FRAUD Level 17 Offense 1ST-TIME OFFENDER Level 1 Criminal History Category BASE SENTENCE 24 Months MAX SENTENCE 30 Months To better understand how the sentencing
guidelines work, imagine a man with no criminal history. He has never been in trouble with the law before, but he is being charged with wire fraud in connection with a Ponzi scheme. In a Ponzi scheme, the organizer typically makes promises of huge returns to investors in exchange for their investments. When a person invests in the fund, this money is then used to pay off earlier investors and reward the organizer. The scheme requires that new people be constantly recruited in order to maintain the funds necessary to repay those already involved. In many cases, the funds quickly dry up, leaving investors broke. The man may have sent emails to 100 potential investors, calling for a $5,000 investment, with a promise of
a $7,500 return. If 20 people participated in the proposal, he will have made $100,000. Under the code, a conviction for wire fraud carries a possible maximum sentence of 30 years.9 (Note that wire fraud is just one of the possible code sections that might apply in this case.) Because the man is a first-time offender, he falls in the Level I criminal history category.
© 2014 by Roberts Law Group, PLLC . All rights reserved. Design and editorial services by FindLaw, a part of Thomson Reuters. 6
Once a person’s criminal history category and offense level are determined, judges can use the Sentencing Table to see the number of months that an individual could serve under the guidelines. THE NUMBERS COUNT.The addition of even one criminal history point, or the application of just one offense level increase,
can mean several more months in prison. That is why it is critical that your attorney pay attention to each and every detail, making sure that nothing is wrongly counted against you. As a former prosecutor as well as an experienced defense attorney, I have seen many cases in which the guidelines were applied to extend a person’s prison sentence.
APPLYING THE GUIDELINES TO FRAUD CASES: WHY THE AMOUNT OF MONEY AT ISSUE IS THE ISSUE
The sentences imposed in many fraud cases are covered by the United States Sentencing Guideline 2B1.1. This guideline also applies to larceny, embezzlement, forgery and theft, as well as many other types of white collar crimes.
CREDIT CARD FRAUD FRAUD PONZI SCHEMES
FOR GER Y MAIL FRAUD IDENTITY THEFT LARCENY EMBEZZLEMENT BRIBER Y THEFT EXTORTION W IRE FR AUD MORTGAGE FRAUD HEAL TH CARE FR AUD
Fraud and the Federal Sentencing Guidelines
A White Paper Presented by
PATRICK ROBERTS, ESQ. An Award-Winning Federal Criminal Defense Attorney
Legal Leader is a robust marketing campaign designed to expand your visibilty and solidify your reputation as a thought leader. Legal Leader provides a white paper that delivers forward-thinking content in a professional package that aligns with your brand. This includes:
• Core thought leadership white paper (custom content and design) • Supplement content (blog and social posts, SlideShare presentation) • 10-week promotional campaign (paid social advertising, FindLaw.com
and SuperLawyers.com advertising)
• Campaign report (summary of metrics such as reach, impressions and social engagements)
You’ve received the honor. Now spread the word.
Make a lasting impression with Super Lawyers authentic recognition items and gifts to show potential clients that you have been named to a Super Lawyers or Rising Stars list. Commemorate the honor with over 30 recognition items and gifts to choose from.
BEWARE OF IMITATIONS: NO ONE IS AUTHORIZED TO PROVIDE RECOGNITION ITEMS ON BEHALF OF SUPER LAWYERS—ONLY WE PROVIDE AUTHENTIC COMMEMORATIVE RECOGNITION ITEMS FOR YOUR SELECTION TO A SUPER LAWYERS OR RISING STARS LIST.
PROMOTE YOUR SELECTION
recognition and GIFTS
ONLINE SELECTION ANNIVERSARY APPAREL BARWARE BUSINESS
ACCESSORIES SPORTING GOODS
VIEW ONLINE CATALOG
FOR MORE INFORMATION