13. Close the utility by selecting the Exit button
2.3 AVEVA P&ID Project Administration Program
2.3.11 List of Values Configuration Category
The List of Values set application pane is used to edit the lists of values available when labelling items. A default set of lists of values is provided with the product. If online validation is active (as described later in the Miscellaneous Configuration Category topic), data entered during labelling is checked against these lists, with only values in these lists being valid. User-defined lists can also be created.
The application pane includes a drop down list:
Select the required validation data set from this list. The content of the data set is then displayed in the grid below and may be edited as required. For more information see Principle and Concepts - Validation.
The list also includes any user-defined lists of values. See below for the procedure for creating user-defined lists of values.
The list also includes the AlphaNumeric/Numeric equivalent Size list. This is used to specify the numeric equivalents of alphanumeric size values, to be used when data is exported, for example to a Schematic database.
In the above example, the alphanumeric size value of 20A has a numeric equivalent of 20.
As a result, when size values of 20A are exported, they will automatically be converted to 20.
• Adding a Value
If a value is to be added, select the button. The following dialog box is then displayed:
Enter a unique value and press the OK button. The dialog box will be closed and the entered new value will be displayed in the grid. Enter a description in the adjacent Description field.
To edit a value, select the button and enter the new value in the dialog that is then displayed.
Note: In order for reducers to automatically change orientation, so that the wide end is always connected to the larger pipe size and the narrow end is always connected to the smaller pipe size, the list of values for sizes used on the project (Metric Sizes or Imperial Sizes) must set up sorted from smallest size to largest size.
• Editing Pipe Styles
Data entered on this application pane includes the pipe styles that are valid for the project.
Select Pipe Styles from the drop down list. Update existing values, or add new pipe styles as required. If the style of a pipe that exists on a drawing is changed, the drawing will be updated with the new style when it is reloaded.
1. In the Multi-Line (Y/N) field enter Y if the new style is to consist of multiple lines, otherwise enter N. For further details on creating multi-lines, refer to AutoCAD documentation.
2. In the Line Type field, select the AutoCAD line type that the new style is to be based on.
3. Enter a meaningful description in the Description field.
4. If the change the drawing layer that pipes of a pipe style are to be placed on, double click on the appropriate field. Choose the required value from the list of values that is then displayed and press Enter to save the selection.
5. To change the colour of a pipe style, double click on the appropriate field. The colour box dialog button is displayed:
On selection of the button, the colour selection dialog box is displayed:
The Colour Code can be selected by the following three methods:
• Selection of one of the colours shown in the palette
• By double clicking the Assume Owner Colour hyperlink. Items will automatically assume the colours of the owning items. When there is no owning item, they will be set to the default colour.
• By double-clicking on the Assume By Layer hyperlink. Labels will automatically assume the colours of the layers they are inserted into, as set on the Layers Sub-Set the Drawing Configuration Category.
• By manually entering the Colour Code field
Following selection, press OK. The selected colour code will then be displayed in the grid.
• Creating User-Defined Lists of Values
To create a user-defined list of values, select this button in the User-Defined List of Values
section of the pane: .
The following dialog box is then displayed:
Enter the name of the new list of values and press the OK button. The dialog box will be closed and the name of the list will be displayed in the grid in the User-Defined List of Values section. Note that the application automatically prefixes the names of user-defined lists of values with "USERLOV_".
The LOV File Name field displays the filename of the list. This is automatically generated and cannot be changed.
Once a list of values has been created, it can be selected from the list of list of values at the top of the pane. The values that comprise the list can then be entered as described above.
The toolbar buttons in the User-Defined List of Values section work in the same way as those in the upper section, as described above. Use these to rename lists of values, sort the lists in the grid, delete lists etc.
To edit a list of values name, select the button and enter the new value in the dialog that is then displayed.