R E Q U E S T F O R P R O P O S A L S
F O R
E L E V A T O R C O N S U L T I N G S E R V I C E S
P 1 6 0 0 3
Table of Contents
1.0 Introduction and Objectives ... 4
2.0 RFP Schedule ... 4
3.0 Scope of Services ... 4
4.0 Submittal Instructions ... 5
5.0 Proposal Content... 6
6.0 Evaluation Criteria ... 7
7.0 Agreement ... 7
8.0 Time of Performance ... 8
9.0 Personnel ... 8
10.0 Proposer's Responsibility ... 8
11.0 Retainer and Service Fees ... 8
12.0 Conflict of Interest ... 9
13.0 Independent Contractor ... 9
14.0 MPHA's Rights ... 9
15.0 Equal Opportunity ... 9
16.0 Section 3 ... 9
17.0 Insurance ... 10
18.0 State and Federal Data Practices Act ... 10
19.0 Inquires ... 10 Exhibit 01- Elevator QEI Inspection Fee Schedule (RETURN WITH PROPOSAL) ... Exhibit 02- Personnel and Hourly Rates Schedule (RETURN WITH PROPOSAL) ... Exhibit 03- Monthly Billing Spreadsheet ... Attachment 01- Owner/Contractor Professional Service Agreement ... Attachment 02- Contract Provisions Required by Federal Law, HUD Form 5195-A ... Attachment 03- General Contract Conditions Non-Construction, HUD Form 5370-C ... Attachment 04- Instruction to Offerors, HUD Form 5369-B ... Attachment 05- Certificate of Insurance ...
Attachment 06- State and Federal Data Privacy Statement ... Attachment 07- Area-Wide Consulting Services Implementing Order ... Attachment 08- Section 3 Information Summary ... Attachment 09- Certifications and Representations of Offeror, HUD Form 5369-A...
1.0 Introduction and Objectives
The Minneapolis Public Housing Authority (MPHA) is a public entity that was formed in 1991 to provide HUD federally subsidized housing and housing assistance to low-income families. MPHA owns 42 highrises , 1 office complex, and 1 community facility that contain a total of 83 elevators. The safety of MPHA's vulnerable highrise population is its top priority. The majority of the highrise residents are either elderly or disabled, and many cannot access their
apartments when the building elevator is out of service. The elevators must operative at peak efficiency.
In order to maximize value without jeopardizing safety and service levels, MPHA intends to enter into a Professional Services Agreement with a firm or individual to provide
comprehensive consulting services for elevator maintenance, modernization, and owner representation.
2.0 RFP Schedule
The anticipated timetable for this RFP:
RFP publicized March 07, 2016
Pre-proposal Conference March 15, 2016 at 10:00 am
Deadline for Questions March 21, 2016 at 4:30 pm
Deadline for Answers March 22, 2016 at 4:30 pm
Deadline for Proposals March 30. 2016 at 2:00 pm
3.0 Scope of Services
Work will be assigned at the discretion of the MPHA Contract Administrator. All work, tasks, and/or assignments will be authorized by Consulting Services Implementing Orders (IO's), which will be issued on an as-needed basis using the following guidelines:
1) MPHA needs for the specific work assignment
2) Consultant's previous experience or work relative to the task
3) Consultant's expertise and qualifications relative to specific anticipated activities 4) Consultant's fee for the proposed activities
The successful Proposer shall be required to provide, but is not limited to, the following activities:
1) Code Compliance Analysis and Owner Notification 2) Elevator inspections by QEI certified personal
3) Construction Cost Estimates on Modernization work ranging from $10k to $1.75 million.
4) Construction Compliance Certification, Oversight, and warranty support 5) Needs analysis and recommendations
6) Design Services and Preparation of Specifications and Bid Documents 7) Third Party Maintenance Contract Monitoring Services as Needed 8) Monthly Maintenance Invoice Review and Verifications
9) Contract Review Services
10) Procedural Development and Review
Work under the IO will be based on review and agreement between the Consultant and MPHA. The Consultant will provide written estimates for individual assignments. The Consultant will be required to follow MPHA Procurement Policy, and Federal, State, and Local regulations, laws and ordinances.
4.0 Submittal Instructions
Firms or individuals submitting a response to this RFP will supply MPHA with:
1) Four (4) printed copies of the proposal. The cover sheet should be entitled, "AREA-WIDE ELEVATOR CONSULTANT SERVICES PROPOSAL". Include the executed Attachments 9 , 10, and 11.
2) One (1) electronic copy of the proposal on a USB flash drive or CD/DVD disk.
Submit proposals in a sealed envelope. Other forms will not be accepted. Mark the outside of the envelope with the subject "Elevator Consultant Proposal". Proposals must be received by March 30, 2016. No late proposals will be accepted.
Deliver proposals to:
Minneapolis Public Housing Authority Procurement Department Room 204 1001 Washington Ave N
All proposals shall set forth full and accurate information and shall address the following items: 1. List the name and address of the firm or individual making the proposal. If the proposal is a joint venture, indicate that fact. Set forth a general overview of the firm's history and background (when established, identify the partners, any officers, its main location, branch offices, etc. Must have at least 5 years of successful Elevator Consulting Services experience). List the name(s) of the person(s) directly responsible for providing the services required under the Scope of Services and the person responsible for managing the contract on a day-to-day basis including experience, in both consulting and elevator maintenance, professional affiliations, and professional certifications and the associates wage rates for each person.(include documentation for both current and lapsed certifications). Changes in personnel shall be approved in writing by MPHA Contract Administrator.
2. Provide information to illustrate the quality and nature of services Proposer is capable of performing. Provide specific work experience relevant to the Scope of Services set forth above. Provide a list of 5 references (firms or agency name, contact name, phone number, address, a brief description of the consulting services provided, and dates of performance). Provide a list of current projects, including your anticipated fee. Provide the 3 most recent completed modernization projects. For each project, Include the total modernization cost and your total fee charged. Please provide a list of your workitems on the project.
3. Provide information to illustrate Proposer's ability to respond promptly and effectively to MPHA's requests for services.
4. Provide rates for QEI inspections at the buildings listed on Exhibit 1 and enter this total on the Bid Form. Provide Billing Rates setting forth the hourly charge for ALL personnel whose services might be required for ALL disciplines that may be utilized in the performance of under the Agreement. Complete Exhibit 2: Elevator Consulting Personnel Hourly Fee Schedule. 5. Indicate Proposer's ability to successfully oversee elevator rehab projects in occupied buildings. Express specific strategies Proposer will implement to deal with the logistics of working in occupied residential spaces. Provide specific examples of how Proposer has dealt with these issues in similar projects in the past. Indicate Proposer's ability to successfully act as an Owner's Representative for both modernization and daily elevator maintenance operations. 6. Illustrate the Proposer's commitment to Affirmative Action and Section 3 compliance. Indicate specific efforts that will be made to encourage Women and Minority Business Enterprise (W/MBE) participation as well as Section 3 qualified individuals in the assigned projects.
7. Provide a completed "Certification and Representations of Offeror'' (Attachment No. 9). 8. Clearly outline your particular area(s) of expertise as it relates to the Scope of Services and give representative examples of specific experience in these areas.
9. Provide recommended list of detailed Scope of Services broken down by phases (i.e., survey and recommendations, specifications and bidding, construction monitoring,
construction certification, and warranty checks). This may be amended in negotiations and added to the resultant Owner and Consultant Agreement.
10. Indicate any exceptions taken or recommended changes to the Model Owner and Consultant Agreement (Attachment No. 1). Since MPHA cannot omit or in any way modify many of the terms and conditions of the Agreement, respondents are urged to read and understand the Agreement prior to submitting their proposal. MPHA will consider all proposed revisions to the Agreement, but will not be obligated to make any of the proposed revisions.
6.0 Evaluation Criteria
The evaluation criteria MPHA will use to determine the successful Proposer(s) selected will be as follows:
35% Proposer's understanding of the breadth and depth of the details of the Scope of Services necessary in elevator retrofit, maintenance, and modernization, as well as the Proposer's ability to illustrate the quality of services the firm/individual is able to perform. 20% Proposer's ability to respond promptly to the Owner's request for services.
15% Proposer's past experience most closely related to Owner's needs, work setting, and proposed scope of work detailed in this proposal.
30% Reasonableness of Proposer's Billing Rate Schedule for the hourly charge of its personnel and inspection fees listed on Exhibit 1 in response to Paragraph 4 above.
After the Proposal deadline, a committee of MPHA staff will review each Proposal received. Interviews may be conducted and additional information clarifying the components of any Proposal may be requested from any Proposer.
MPHA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any or all proposals and re-solicit proposals. All proposals received in response to this RFP become the property of MPHA. All costs of proposal preparation and submittal shall be borne solely by the Proposer.
substantially similar to Attachment No. 1. The Agreement shall not be construed as a guarantee of any number of work projects under the Scope of Services or of any total dollar amount of compensation. As work tasks are identified, the selected Proposer will be issued an IO for each specific assignment and/or task. The assignment of work projects and/or tasks will be made solely at the discretion of MPHA.
The RFP and the contents of the Proposal submitted by the selected Proposer and any clarifications thereof shall become part of the contractual obligation and be incorporated by reference into the resulting Agreement in accordance with MPHA's Procurement Policy. Since MPHA cannot omit or modify many of the terms and conditions of the Agreement,
firms/individuals submitting a proposal are urged to read and understand the Model Agreement (Attachment No. 1) prior to submission of proposal.
8.0 Time of Performance
The service availability of the selected Proposer shall commence on the date stipulated in the Agreement and continue for a period of 730 consecutive calendar days (a two (2) year period) with an option to extend for three, one (1) year additional terms, or until all IO's have been satisfactorily completed and/or the Agreement has been terminated. IO's may be issued at any time during the term of the Agreement.
The selected Proposer(s) shall secure, at its own expense, all personnel necessary to perform the required services. Such personnel shall not be employees of or have any contractual relationship with MPHA.
10.0 Proposer's Responsibility
It is neither MPHA's responsibility nor practice to acknowledge receipt of any proposal as a result of the RFP process. It is the Proposer's responsibility to ensure that a proposal is received by MPHA in a timely manner. MPHA assumes no responsibility for Proposals that are lost or otherwise not received.
11.0 Retainer and Service Fees
MPHA will not consider any Proposal for selection from a Proposer who requires any sort of monthly retainer or service fee.
12.0 Conflict of Interest
No member of the governing body or officer, employee, or agent of MPHA who exercises any functions or responsibilities in connection with the carrying out of the project to which the Agreement pertains, shall have any personal interest, direct or indirect, in the Agreement.
13.0 Independent Contractor
The relationship between the successful Proposer and MPHA is an "independent contractor" status and none of the selected Proposer's agents, employees, subcontractors, or independent contractors are employees of MPHA.
14.0 MPHA's Rights
MPHA reserves the right to reject any proposal or part of a proposal, to negotiate modifications of proposals submitted, to accept part or all of a proposal based on the Evaluation Criteria as provided by applicable laws and regulations.
MPHA also reserves the right to cancel the Agreement, without penalty, as provided in the Agreement. However, at any time prior to the execution of the Agreement by all parties, MPHA reserves the right not to enter into an Agreement.
15.0 Equal Opportunity
The selected Proposer agrees to comply with all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives, and regulations of the federal, state, and local governing bodies or agencies thereof, specifically including the provisions of Federal Regulations 41 CFR• 60-741.4, 60-250.4,60-4.2, and 60-4.3, insofar as these laws apply to the Agreement.
16.0 Section 3
The work to be performed under the Agreement is on a project or projects assigned under a program providing direct Federal financial assistance from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and is subject to the requirements of Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968, as amended, 12 U.S.C. 170lu. The Section 3 Clause requires that, to the greatest extent feasible, opportunities for training and employment be given to lower income residents of the area of the Section 3 covered project and contracts for work in
substantial part, by persons residing in the area of the Section 3 covered project.
The selected Proposer must furnish MPHA with evidence of insurance for the amounts and types as specified in the Agreement (Attachment No. I) within ten (10) calendar days following notice of award and prior to commencement of work under any IO. Coverage shall be in force throughout the time of the Agreement and any IO's. Certificates of coverage provided shall name the MPHA as an "additional insured" by endorsement to all liability policies. Each such Policy of insurance shall additionally provide for thirty- (30) day's advance written notice to MPHA prior to the effective date of any cancellation.
The Agreement shall not be effective without MPHA's receipt and approval of acceptable evidence of appropriate insurance, issued by insurers duly licensed within the State of Minnesota. The selected Proposer shall pay for the policies of insurance which shall provide protection against claims arising or resulting from the failure to render services under the Agreement by the Contractor or Contractor's employees, agents, subcontractors, or anyone for whom Contractor may be liable.
18.0 State and Federal Data Practices Act
A selected Proposer providing services under the Agreement may have access to information or data that is classified as "not or non-public" under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act and applicable Federal law. The selected Proposer must maintain the confidential nature of any data or information received in the course of providing services. The unauthorized
disclosure of "not or non-public" data is subject to civil as well as criminal penalties under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act and Federal Law.
Any person performing services under the Agreement and having access to information or data that is classified as "not or non-public" under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act and Federal law shall sign and return an original "Data Privacy Statement" (Attachment No.6) with the Agreement.
All questions concerning this Request for Proposals should be directed, by email only, to Tim Pilgrim at email@example.com.
Exhibit 01- Elevator QEI Inspection Fee Schedule (RETURN WITH PROPOSAL) Exhibit 02- Personnel and Hourly Rates Schedule (RETURN WITH PROPOSAL) Exhibit 03- Monthly Billing Spreadsheet
Attachment 01- Owner/Contractor Professional Service Agreement
Attachment 02- Contract Provisions Required by Federal Law, HUD Form 5195-A Attachment 03- General Contract Conditions Non-Construction, HUD Form 5370-C Attachment 04- Instruction to Offerors, HUD Form 5369-B
Attachment 05- Certificate of Insurance
Attachment 06- State and Federal Data Privacy Statement
Attachment 07- Area-Wide Consulting Services Implementing Order Attachment 08- Section 3 Information Summary
Attachment 09- Certifications and Representations of Offeror, HUD Form 5369-A